The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 minutes ago, Patter Is Like Water said:

Hahaha nah its just annoying when posters make up stories on players signing for the club acting like they are in the know when they aren't.

It's now been posted on EastFootball and someone else has called out AK for making shit up.

I'm sorry but who even are you. 

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm Internet famous now hush peasents. 

Screenshot_20200628_105906.jpg

On the BBC gossip page tomorrow IMO.

Guest Patter Is Like Water
I'm a United fan. I've been reading on here for years as I'm interested in what other fans post about the club...

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

On the BBC gossip page tomorrow IMO.

Needs some sort of OF connection for that.

"Ex-Rangers star Haris Vuckic says the Pie & Bovril rumour that Pavol Safranko is set to sign for Dundee United could have huge implications for the title race."

9 minutes ago, Patter Is Like Water said:
20 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm a United fan. I've been reading on here for years as I'm interested in what other fans post about the club...

So you've been reading here for years and never once seen me make a correct call about what the club were up to no? 

Even going as far back as telling folks United were going to have a gradient fade strip similar to Barcelonas one in 2013?

Aye okay mate. Chil out man, talks have taken place and movement is on the go. If it falls through no doubt I'll get pelters on here but I'll take it on the chin, doesn't bother me 💁‍♂️

So you've been reading here for years and never once seen me make a correct call about what the club were up to no? 
Even going as far back as telling folks United were going to have a gradient fade strip similar to Barcelonas one in 2013?

Aye okay mate. Chil out man, talks have taken place and movement is on the go. If it falls through no doubt I'll get pelters on here but I'll take it on the chin, doesn't bother me [emoji2273]
Anyone can make a random claim about what the club are doing and then it comes true. Taking your Nike gradient strip as an example, a lot of clubs at the time were using this template so I wouldn't say you were in the know on this either.

You've made certain claims about united signing players in the past to the point where a number of posters don't believe you anymore.

Now that you're being called out on it then you're quite clearly taking the cream puff going on your last few posts.

Also It sounds like you're now starting to backtrack on Pav apparently signing.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

You should have a look at the other United forum, Eastfootball. 

Some read.

First page of the new manager thread has someone claiming you "wont need a youth academy with Tommy Wright in charge", a season after we've had 6 regular starters through our own youth system, plus 8 players he signed under the age of 23.

Topped by someone claiming Alex Neil is a realistic target.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, Patter Is Like Water said:

Anyone can make a random claim about what the club are doing and then it comes true. Taking your Nike gradient strip as an example, a lot of clubs at the time were using this template so I wouldn't say you were in the know on this either.

You've made certain claims about united signing players in the past to the point where a number of posters don't believe you anymore.

Now that you're being called out on it then you're quite clearly taking the cream puff going on your last few posts.

Also It sounds like you're now starting to backtrack on Pav apparently signing.

You can project all you want mate but I'm quite clearly not in the huff 😂

Like I said chill out and don't take life so seriously. No backtracking just passing on what I've heard and quite obviously nothing is concrete until its over the line. 

Also I should add making claims about what I've heard in terms of who the club have spoke to with a view to signing is just passing on info. Apart from Shanks who it was clear United were pulling out all the stops to sign I've never once in my recollection said 100% THIS GUY IS GETTING SIGNED RAMORRA so you are just coming across as petulent and cynical. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

18 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Aye okay mate. Chil out man, talks have taken place and movement is on the go. If it falls through no doubt I'll get pelters on here but I'll take it on the chin, doesn't bother me 💁‍♂️

I hope you are right. I'm just surprised we'd spend money on a player before a manager is in place? 

You can project all you want mate but I'm quite clearly not in the huff [emoji23]
Like I said chill out and don't take life so seriously. No backtracking just passing on what I've heard and quite obviously nothing is concrete until its over the line. 
Sure lol.

1 minute ago, GallowayBlue said:

A Mark J Ogren from Stillwater Minnesota donated money to Trump’s election campaign in 2016.

Just an observation.

https://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/mark-ogren.asp?cycle=16

Aye that's worrying as does it mean that Ogren would have no qualms about bringing someone like MM in as manager with his history. 

Definitely not my first choice for the job that's for sure. 

41 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

The DABS new managers comments around BLM should be worth a listen

You just know fine well he’d answer any question with “I believe all lives matter”.

My absolute condolences to Dundee United fans.  My heartfelt thanks and best wishes to Ian Maxwell and whichever SFA bigwigs gave the go ahead for Mackkkay to leave.

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

A Mark J Ogren from Stillwater Minnesota donated money to Trump’s election campaign in 2016.

Just an observation.

https://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/mark-ogren.asp?cycle=16

Now that's something I didnt know.

From a very quick scan hes donated about a grand to a Republican candidate and the general Republican party. If hes donated directly to Trump as a candidate I didnt see it. Donating to that party and (without looking the candidate up) candidate dosent mean hes necessarily a nut case gun wielding conservative whod happily employ a racist, sexist manager with shady financial dealings.

Does it?

Or am I currently holding drinking apparatus in one hand and some hay in the other?

I'm kind of done with looking at people's political views and beliefs now.

Can we just appoint Boris Johnson with Priti Patel as assistant and just be done with it please.

Let's make Utd great again.

Promotion means Promotion!

Edited by mishtergrolsch