The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I think that might have been Graham's best game yet and I'm starting to feel like I might have underestimated him. He looked like a big, solid guy who would win headers and tackles but he's got a better touch and pass than I gave him credit for. That's his position to lose now.

14 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

We won't be in the Championship, ffs. Europe is unlikely; top six probably 50:50. That's one defeat in seven and twelve points clear of 11th. Safe to say we won't be going down.

I'm just trying to bring a little bit of excitement to the season.

We all know we're going to draw ourselves to mid table mediocrity and get papped out of the cup, but admitting it is just giving into the boredom

Dear Agony Aunt

I keep waiting for Mark McNulty to put in a performance that justifies his inclusion in the team.  Will my wishes ever come true.

Yours in hope

Granny x

Edited by Granny Danger

Dear Agony Aunt
I keep waiting for Mark McNulty to put in a performance that justifies his inclusion in the team.  Will my wishes ever come true.
Yours in hope
Granny x
We're going to sign him on a permanent deal, aren't we? Bugger

9 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Dear Agony Aunt
Yours in hope
Granny x

We're going to sign him on a permanent deal, aren't we? Bugger

Of course we are. Its as certain as night follows day. Must be Tony's nephew.

McNulty's out of contract at Reading in the summer and was in the local papers a few weeks ago angling for a permanent deal next season. I'd like to think if we had any intention of keeping him on then we'd have gotten him on a PCA and announced it by now.

Fingers crossed the absence of any such announcement means the club are looking elsewhere. Anywhere.

48 minutes ago, captainkev said:

McNulty's out of contract at Reading in the summer and was in the local papers a few weeks ago angling for a permanent deal next season. I'd like to think if we had any intention of keeping him on then we'd have gotten him on a PCA and announced it by now.

Fingers crossed the absence of any such announcement means the club are looking elsewhere. Anywhere.

It’s a strange one really.  The guy himself must know that his stats are totally woeful.  He’s being played in his preferred position and he’s simply unable to score.  I’m not sure how he’s going to convince any prospective employer to take a punt on him.

Randomly thought yesterday when GD mentioned his son that I hadn't seen a post from @stumigoo in a while. IIRC he was best man for one of Danger's lads, or vice versa? He was lurking earlier, but hasn't posted since December - hope all is well, really enjoyed his posts.

TLDR: McNulty out, Stumigoo in

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Randomly thought yesterday when GD mentioned his son that I hadn't seen a post from @stumigoo in a while. IIRC he was best man for one of Danger's lads, or vice versa? He was lurking earlier, but hasn't posted since December - hope all is well, really enjoyed his posts.

TLDR: McNulty out, Stumigoo in

AFAIK he’s doing fine.

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a strange one really.  The guy himself must know that his stats are totally woeful.  He’s being played in his preferred position and he’s simply unable to score.  I’m not sure how he’s going to convince any prospective employer to take a punt on him.

Apart from his 1st spell at Hibs in 2018/19 his goal stats from his loan spells since joining Reading are generally poor. If anything they suggest a career on a downward trend.

I think if we do sign him permanently then the sometimes hysterical criticism by fans of United's decision making, particularly directed at Asghar, will be more than warranted.

In almost two full seasons now the only time I've been seriously impressed by him was the cup game at Pittodrie last year. It's just not good enough.