The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Now that Carljohann is away I wouldn’t mind seeing us bring in someone like McGovern as player/goalie coach, good experienced back up who can double up as coach assuming he’s started doing his badges etc. Hinchcliffe has been goalie coach twice now at Utd and during his spells we have seen some of the worst goalkeeping performances ever seen at Tannadice. 

Obviously no kit clash yesterday it turned out. Both wore green, but guess our 'mint' was fairly different to their 'courgette'.

Game panned out pretty much as I'd expected. Well deserved victory against a fit and well organised side.

Done a spot of hospitality yesterday so was there early and left late and was able to make a few observations that I ordinarily wouldn't be able to -

Meekison - noticed him on the park by himself about half one making a fairly lengthy phonecall (his agent maybe?) Fair to say Fox doesn't rate him and he didn't even make the squad yesterday (took part in the warm down so not injured). Can see him looking for a move as he must be hacked off. Puzzles me as I thought he looked good towards the end of last season.

Tony Watt - could barely lift his head up to wave to the kids when he took his seat on the bench as the second half started. Looked like he'd rather be anywhere other than Tannadice. Everything he done in warm up / warm down was half hearted.

Conversely Niskanen, who until yesterday, hasn't been much game-time at all, put in an incredibly energetic warm down (seemed a bit at odds of the whole point of a warm down), and stayed behind himself for a solo sprint session. Then came into the lounge with Cudjoe to see the fans and couldn't have been nicer. Granted he'd have been told to, but it wasn't a chore for him in any way at all. Maybe not the best player in the world, but his attitude is first class. The polar opposite to Tony Watt.

Talking of attitude Glen Middleton comes on yesterday in a game that's won and could have decided to take it easy but he plays it like a cup final. Full of running, wanting the ball, arguing with officials and grabbing a goal.

Peter Pawlett comes on and dives, gets booked and gets up laughing. 

52 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Wasn't at the game yesterday but had BT Sport on in the background and the match reporter remarked that MacLeod was clearly the best player on the park.

The match reporter was talking pish, MacLeod looked like a young laddie still learning the game but clearly has something about him. I actually thought we took him off just when he was starting to look comfortable and was linking with Behich and McGrath. Having said that if any English scouts are reading this then he was by far the best player on the park and £4m would be a snip. 

14 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Wasn't at the game yesterday but had BT Sport on in the background and the match reporter remarked that MacLeod was clearly the best player on the park.

13 hours ago, skinny arab said:

The match reporter was talking pish, MacLeod looked like a young laddie still learning the game but clearly has something about him. I actually thought we took him off just when he was starting to look comfortable and was linking with Behich and McGrath. Having said that if any English scouts are reading this then he was by far the best player on the park and £4m would be a snip. 

You're both wrong. MacLeod didn't look out of place, which for a 16 year playing in a man's game is testament to his ability. He wasn't close to being the best player on the park though.

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

15 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Where do I say he looked out of place?