George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump has as much chance of winning a second term as your team has of winning the league next season.

He had absolutely no chance of winning a first term, all this has done is garner him further support from redneck land and make the Democrats look weak. 

14 minutes ago, Empty It said:
18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
A silly response, and the use of an 'extreme' scenario suggests you have no real argument here.
If wee Gaz starts taking notice of the issues then that's a good thing.

For a club that is so concerned with racism they have a long history of participating and condoning the very thing they're kneeling for.

Changing things up now.

You might be right, but the players are not the club, unless you're insinuating that every single player that passes through a club must take on all of that club's history? 

Changing things up now.
You might be right, but the players are not the club, unless you're insinuating that every single player that passes through a club must take on all of that club's history? 
Nothing has been changed up, the point is the club is riding a popular movement for some free publicity and anyone that thinks otherwise is incredibly stupid and/or ignorant.

59 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

**** gonna ***.

IMG_20200601_174600.thumb.jpg.5588c65d32d15bea7f6ef238f151e6ff.jpg

I've just scrolled through 5 days worth of vanguard tweets, strangely that tweet isn't on their feed.  Did you photoshop it in the hope of a few likes....

Making up those kind of lies about George Floyd is low.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

I've just scrolled through 5 days worth of vanguard tweets, strangely that tweet isn't on their feed.  Did you photoshop it in the hope of a few likes....

It’s been deleted.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Unlucky m9.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:
11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Changing things up now.

Nothing has been changed up, the point is the club is riding a popular movement for some free publicity and anyone that thinks otherwise is incredibly stupid and/or ignorant.

Ah, calling me incredibly stupid/and or ignorant (by insinuation) is an attempt to discredit the poster (me) and by extension their (my) points. 

How do you know it was a publicity stunt? As I mentioned earlier, and which you didn't address, Liverpool have black players. Maybe they asked to do this to show support and raise awareness?

Maybe they didn't. I don't know or claim to know. How do you know?

If it is a publicity stunt then I'm fine with it, as like I said people will take note of it. The more awareness and publicity of the issues the better.

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

It’s been deleted.

Why would someone save those lies about George Floyd and repost them, surely Henderson to deliver must know the type of damage they could cause if people started to believe them?

Atleast the vanguards had the good grace to delete them. 

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Can’t imagine the mindset where some property damage of a billionaire company somehow outweighs the glee with which US police officers shoot down black people in determining where my sympathies lie.

It’s not just billionaire companies though. I saw a report and a woman was pleading with people to not loot her store that she ran with her husband. I feel sorry for family run independent businesses caught up in this 

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

Why would someone save those lies about George Floyd and repost them, surely Henderson to deliver must know the type of damage they could cause if people started to believe them?

Atleast the vanguards had the good grace to delete them. 

Oaft.

White knighting the Vanguard Bears now.

Carry on digging m9.

He had absolutely no chance of winning a first term, all this has done is garner him further support from redneck land and make the Democrats look weak. 

Have you seen the nick of Biden? Trump was a shoe-in before this and it is cast in stone now.

Ah, calling me incredibly stupid/and or ignorant (by insinuation) is an attempt to discredit the poster (me) and by extension their (my) points. 
How do you know it was a publicity stunt? As I mentioned earlier, and which you didn't address, Liverpool have black players. Maybe they asked to do this to show support and raise awareness?
If it is a publicity stunt then I'm fine with it, as like I said people will take note of it. The more awareness and publicity of the issues the better.
I'm not insinuating anything if you're choosing to be stupid and ignorant then that's up to you. Surely if it wasn't for publicity there wouldn't be someone hovering in the stand waiting to take a picture for the rag top papers?

Just now, Empty It said:
45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm not insinuating anything if you're choosing to be stupid and ignorant then that's up to you. Surely if it wasn't for publicity there wouldn't be someone hovering in the stand waiting to take a picture for the rag top papers?

So you're once again ignoring the other points then.

30 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s not just billionaire companies though. I saw a report and a woman was pleading with people to not loot her store that she ran with her husband. I feel sorry for family run independent businesses caught up in this 

It's almost like the whole point of protest is to maximise disruption and uncomfort in the society people are protesting against.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I've just scrolled through 5 days worth of vanguard tweets, strangely that tweet isn't on their feed. 

Having scrolled through today's I was a bit suspicious when there was no mention of paedophilia in that tweet.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:
53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wouldn't be any point in doing it if nobody noticed.

Okay if it comes out that a player or member of staff has requested this then I'll eat my words until then I'll take this the same way as Celtics "solidarity" with Palestine stunt, pure publicity.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Okay if it comes out that a player or member of staff has requested this then I'll eat my words until then I'll take this the same way as Celtics "solidarity" with Palestine stunt, pure publicity.

Celtic as a club have never done anything to show solidarity with Palestine, whether for publicity or otherwise. Celtic supporters have and the plc would probably, on balance, rather they wouldn't.