George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He was a Norman invader who stole our land and forced people to work on it for a pittance. And die fighting his Norman rivals from the South, who used to be his buddies.

Was he not born in Ayrshire?

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

In fairness, it’s fucking hard to do a Welsh accent without lapsing into an exaggerated Indian one. 

Aye. Mine's ends up a bit like Apu trying to impersonate Tom Jones.

f**k sake theyve removed league of gentlemen and mighty boosh from netflix

Did anyone think that papa lazarou was a pisstake of black people? Never crossed my mind. Thought it was for added weirdness. Similar to a clown or pennywise.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Both sides are going batshit mental.

I feel the original point is being lost as the right wing now wants total war with the left and vice versa. 

Except I'm willing to bet all the decisions about TV programmes are being made by white people whose only interest is not losing subscribers and who have completely misunderstood the situation.

I'd describe the right in Britain just now as butthurt, which is causing them to come up with some pretty stupid retaliations. 

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Both sides are going batshit mental.

I feel the original point is being lost as the right wing now wants total war with the left and vice versa. 

Yeah, BLM weren't marching to get episodes of dodgy old UK comedy pulled - smacks of TV execs bandwagon jumping left right and centre imo. Tinfoil hatters might even say that it's deliberate to distract from the actual issues at hand. 

Edit: or what @GordonS said

Edited by madwullie