George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Heard some physicist go off on one a few years ago about how Brian Cox had barely ever published anything worthwhile and shouldn't be on TV all the time. Aye, cos they want someone with a solid publications list who's barely able to explain anything to non-physicists to present mass-market science documentaries right enough.

I like Brian Cox.

The bbc seem to be pushing forward any bame presenter or pundit they can find.

Kind of creating the same conditions as before isn’t it? Equality of outcome regardless of talent or ability.

Alex Scott and some others are great but Ian Wright ffs, what’s going on there?

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The bbc seem to be pushing forward any bame presenter or pundit they can find.

Kind of creating the same conditions as before isn’t it? Equality of outcome regardless of talent or ability.

Alex Scott and some others are great but Ian Wright ffs, what’s going on there?

Ian Wright is very entertaining and a likeable guy. Played at the top level and very comfortable in front of the camera. He is quite happy showing emotion and is insightful on a range of topics. 

You've had some shocking posts in the last few days but this racist bullshit takes the cake.

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Just seen the National Trust for Scotlands begging advert on the telly. Can their stance on Oliver losing them some serious cash.

I think losing their only source of income for months might have something to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Ian Wright is very entertaining and a likeable guy. Played at the top level and very comfortable in front of the camera. He is quite happy showing emotion and is insightful on a range of topics. 

You've had some shocking posts in the last few days but this racist bullshit takes the cake.

:lol:

he’s a fucking moron

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He's been on TV for a decade plus and it's not due to tokenism.

MOTD went from a middle aged all white male show into a show with female and bame pundits overnight. You could say the same about lots of bbc shows and channels.

The majority of it is great choices but you have to wonder, especially lately, if some tokenism is happening. I realise that, unfortunately, Wright has graced us with his intellect on tv and radio for a while. He might be quite funny at times but can’t stand his summary of games. You don’t have to look too far online to see that most think he’s a balloon.

Wright and Schmeichel at war

Arsenal 1 United 2, 19 February 1997

Following Arsenal's title victory in 1991 their challenge to United's dominance went quiet until the Wenger era when the rivalry was reignited – this time by Ian Wright, the Arsenal striker, and United's goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel. Three months earlier, after United beat Arsenal 1-0 at Old Trafford, Wright had said Schmeichel had racially abused him, a claim that was later dismissed by the Football Association due to lack of evidence. At Highbury, Wright lunged two-footed at the United keeper, sparking chaos.

Peter Schmeichel: "Luckily his first foot struck the ball and [my] shin at the same time, taking some of the power out of the contact. While I buckled in pain, Wright left the scene of the crime without a word. I was amazed and disgusted. When the game was over I ran up to him and said: 'You tried to get me'. He just glowered and replied: 'f**k off you Danish w****r'. Then came those words: 'How dare you call me a black b*****d, you racist pig!' He went on and on and I was shaking with fury. I had never shouted racist remarks at him."

(Schmeichel: the autobiography)

Ian Wright: "There was a lot of bad blood. That's not my proudest moment. Peter did some stuff to me, the less said the better, but I didn't want to hurt Peter. Look at the replay – his leg is outstretched, I could have stamped on his knee. I wanted to make major contact with the football to show I could hurt him because I didn't like him at the time. Now we are good friends."

a likeable guy

Edited by D.A.F.C

25 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think losing their only source of income for months might have something to do with it. 

Don't underestimate the power that a racist apologist has on the income stream.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

MOTD went from a middle aged all white male show into a show with female and bame pundits overnight. You could say the same about lots of bbc shows and channels.

The majority of it is great choices but you have to wonder, especially lately, if some tokenism is happening. I realise that, unfortunately, Wright has graced us with his intellect on tv and radio for a while. He might be quite funny at times but can’t stand his summary of games. You don’t have to look too far online to see that most think he’s a balloon.

You're having a bit of a 'mare today mate. Time for a wee break and self-reflection. You' ve managed this before and can do it again. 

I'd love to see a repeat of Ian Wright's meltdown after England lost to Northern Ireland about a decade ago. He was a few minutes away from declaring war on God for allowing such a thing to be possible. Glorious.

18 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Ian Wright has been a football pundit for as long as I can remember and he's been a complete twat for about the same.

Thank f**k, thought I was living on some weird upside down reality. He’s a twat that doesn’t mean I’m racist ffs.

Imagine trying to paint someone as racist because you’re on a red dot campaign.

Are blm protests racists because they were walking down the street and noticed a statue of a white person?

wtf are you slavering about 

Edited by D.A.F.C

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Imagine trying to paint someone as racist because you’re on a red dot campaign.

You came on this thread and said "the BBC are chucking loads of BAME folk on"

Edited by Marshmallo