George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Just now, ali_91 said:

Me: Reaching for mental health is something that happens when a white man does something bad. 

You:

The media very much do discuss the mental state of terrorists from the get-go, which is what I am pointing out. They're right to do so too as there are proven links. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Whilst I’m all for a good punch up, punching folk in the head is dangerous. Both those clips show the person smacking their head on the way down. The person doing the punching could easily break bones in their hand and get horrible infections from teeth too. 

If you get the chance to drop a racist, maybe go for a shot to the lower ribs. It won’t hurt you, they will still go down but will probably have a half second or so before they realise they can’t breathe and feel like someone just filled their lungs with acid and can hit the ground in a slightly more measured fashion. 

Or just report them to the police?

Then they get charged, it's made public and they'll probably lose their job too. Violence isn't the answer.

Not sure why some people think the boy throwing the punch should get a caution? Ive watched the video quite a few times, for me its self defence, the racist boy is quite clearly standing by the exit adopting a fighting stance and challenging them to fight, the guys actually look quite scared of the guy and have just been subjected to an outrageous racist onslaught for a prolonged period of time.

If the person was charged it’d be quite reasonable to offer a defence that he punched the aggressor because he approached him and his friends offering to fight/making threats and  encroached on their personal space, partially blocking their exit from the train to safety. They weren’t clear of the doors by any stretch and still in danger, for me I wouldn’t charge the guy with anything. The people who run up and take cheap shots whilst the boy’s knocked out are a different story. 

The racist boy should be getting done with whatever the BTP have for a breach of the peace on a train or sec 5 public order act. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is it not one from the same trio of guys who are kicking billy when he’s on the ground? Why are people assuming it’s a different group of people kicking him? 

Once some one has done the hard bit, you could have a fly kick at him as you got off.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Once some one has done the hard bit, you could have a fly kick at him as you got off.

Not the same but last year a lassie and myself ended up in an altercation with some Tommy Robinson supporter on the bus that went on a good 15 minutes before he eventually got off. As soon as those bus doors closed some auld lad fired up the back, sat next to the young woman involved and started giving it all the patter. "Aye, honestly hen, one more second and I would've sorted him out an then he would've got what he was asking for!"

Big respect to the guy honestly. 

Most folk can be 'unstable' without having mental health issues.
Also in many cases mental health issues are not an excuse for being a piece of shit. There are numerous posters on here who have mental health issues but would never dream of being racist, because they aren't.
In my experience, and I'll qualify that is only mine and I don't talk for others, mental health issues don't make you racist.
However, I would be surprised if posters on here who suffer, or who have suffered, from mental health issues, became racist because of it.
Possibly the only mental health condition like this would be tourettes.
People still think that people with mental health issues deserve to be treated like they are to be avoided rather than helped and that theyre dangerous or unstable.
It actually makes them look unstable and odd. Desperate to find something in people's past or history to justify the attacks on someone with an issue.

Aye that football player deserved to have his career ended because he kicked someone ten years ago.

I don't it's unreasonable at all to question the guy's mental health situation. He's clearly not acting nor speaking in a normal manner.
The fact if he's just a racist, chinged up c**t then fine no issues.
Raising the question is absolutely fair game though.

I've watched the video several times and I still can't understand a single bloody word the racist says. I don't usually struggle in terms of hearing, penetrating accents, or following the narrative, so is it possible that he's actually just very difficult to comprehend due to drink, drugs, being utterly psychotic, or some combination thereof?

Not sure why some people think the boy throwing the punch should get a caution? Ive watched the video quite a few times, for me its self defence, the racist boy is quite clearly standing by the exit adopting a fighting stance and challenging them to fight, the guys actually look quite scared of the guy and have just been subjected to an outrageous racist onslaught for a prolonged period of time.

If the person was charged it’d be quite reasonable to offer a defence that he punched the aggressor because he approached him and his friends offering to fight/making threats and  encroached on their personal space, partially blocking their exit from the train to safety. They weren’t clear of the doors by any stretch and still in danger, for me I wouldn’t charge the guy with anything. The people who run up and take cheap shots whilst the boy’s knocked out are a different story. 

The racist boy should be getting done with whatever the BTP have for a breach of the peace on a train or sec 5 public order act. 

I'm not sure about self defence. If it's absolutely needed to stop the puncher being prosecuted then i could just about accept it's the right way to go.

But for me that punch was not self defence. They were getting off the train and yes the guy was being incredibly aggressive - but the punch is absolutely knock out, and it comes a bit out of the blue.

It makes me think of the old boy that shot the guys who had broken into his house and were running away. He was claiming self defence by shooting them in the back - which was rightly thrown out by the court /judge. The details of the case are totally different, obviously, but i didn't watch that train clip and think self defence. For me it's more a case of 'thank f**k the big c**t got what he deserved'. Community justice done well (but as someone pointed out, it usually doesn't turn out that well).
I've watched the video several times and I still can't understand a single bloody word the racist says. I don't usually struggle in terms of hearing, penetrating accents, or following the narrative, so is it possible that he's actually just very difficult to comprehend due to drink, drugs, being utterly psychotic, or some combination thereof?
I found that as well, but there's a clip with subtitles and you can see that he was indeed saying what he's alleged to have said.

My instinct says cocaine and no mental health issues - just racist. But I'm also aware that i don't know enough to be certain.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You shouldn't be punching anyone if you don't attempt that. 

Disagree. Most of my punches are intended not to knock someone out, but to embark upon a reasoned and considered discussion. True victory only comes in the marketplace of ideas. 

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm not sure about self defence. If it's absolutely needed to stop the puncher being prosecuted then i could just about accept it's the right way to go.

But for me that punch was not self defence. They were getting off the train and yes the guy was being incredibly aggressive - but the punch is absolutely knock out, and it comes a bit out of the blue.

It makes me think of the old boy that shot the guys who had broken into his house and were running away. He was claiming self defence by shooting them in the back - which was rightly thrown out by the court /judge. The details of the case are totally different, obviously, but i didn't watch that train clip and think self defence. For me it's more a case of 'thank f**k the big c**t got what he deserved'. Community justice done well (but as someone pointed out, it usually doesn't turn out that well).
I found that as well, but there's a clip with subtitles and you can see that he was indeed saying what he's alleged to have said.

My instinct says cocaine and no mental health issues - just racist. But I'm also aware that i don't know enough to be certain.

“It comes a bit out of the blue”?  Are you serious? 

This whole post and your contribution to this thread so far is an absolute bombscare. It takes guts to be as utterly wet as you seem though, so fair play. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

“It comes a bit out of the blue”?  Are you serious? 
This whole post and your contribution to this thread so far is an absolute bombscare. It takes guts to be as utterly wet as you seem though, so fair play. 
You genuinely don't think that punch came out the blue? If that's the case then I'm seriously questioning your ability to judge anything, and so I'll ignore the pish you've spouted about me.

If you didn't know you were going to watch a 'nazi gets punched' video i think you'd be fairly surprised by what happened.

They put up with quite an onslaught of shite from the racist guy and then the train stops. It looks like they're just going to get off but he turns sharply and knocks the guy out. I think that's what made the punch so impressive. The racist guy didn't have a clue it was coming.

And what's the issue with me saying that anyway? I think the response was proportionate, i just don't really think it's self defence.

Is that what you think is happening here?
Whichever tedious alias this poster is will no doubt get emptied soon for going to far. I have him on ignore currently but that post adds to my suspicions that its Jimmy85. If this poster makes some attempt to actually justify that ridiculous comment though, can you quote it so that I can point and laugh at them.

In all seriousness though, an incident of racism followed by a violent assault isnt really a topic that should be trolled IMO.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

You genuinely don't think that punch came out the blue? If that's the case then I'm seriously questioning your ability to judge anything, and so I'll ignore the pish you've spouted about me.

If you didn't know you were going to watch a 'nazi gets punched' video i think you'd be fairly surprised by what happened.

They put up with quite an onslaught of shite from the racist guy and then the train stops. It looks like they're just going to get off but he turns sharply and knocks the guy out. I think that's what made the punch so impressive. The racist guy didn't have a clue it was coming.

And what's the issue with me saying that anyway? I think the response was proportionate, i just don't really think it's self defence.

A wibbly wet word salad.