George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm not going to have some jackbooted Stasi stormtrooper, right, coming in here, telling me whether I can or cannot defecate in my own home while eating my Sunday roast.

This exactly how Nazi Germany started.

What do you think night of the long shites was about?

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Seems like NWA we’re right all along.

Quite like this version. It's like the original version but with different verses (same chorus obvz), a bit more of the smooth gangsta sound from the early 90s and some nasty skits chucked in.

Not really relevant to any discussion but laughed at Trevor Beaulieu’s line that these protestors shouldn’t be worried about outside agitators but outsider accommodators who are desperate to come in and surrender for everyone.

45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Quite like this version. It's like the original version but with different verses (same chorus obvz), a bit more of the smooth gangsta sound from the early 90s and some nasty skits chucked in.

Big fan of Snoop Dogg and C-Murder's version of Gangsta Gangsta as well tbh

27 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

But what does former Torquay United full back and Derby County coach Liam Rosenior think of it all?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2020/jun/05/open-letter-donald-trump-us-president-george-floyd-liam-rosenior

Torquay clearly have a higher class of left back than Dunfermline. If ours are even in the paper it's for drink driving, drug dealing etc. 

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Big fan of Snoop Dogg and C-Murder's version of Gangsta Gangsta as well tbh

Snoop references concrete in Lodi Dodi (from the Doggystyle album). He's probably largely responsible for making you the man you are today. 

52 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

But what does former Torquay United full back and Derby County coach Liam Rosenior think of it all?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2020/jun/05/open-letter-donald-trump-us-president-george-floyd-liam-rosenior

People who write open letters are self opinionated attention seekers.

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

jesus

Not sure how it works in Baltimore but police fines make up a huge chunk of city budgets in some places. The onus is therefore on the police to fine folk for everything and in turn it leads to so many confrontations over nothing that just escalate. 

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not sure how it works in Baltimore but police fines make up a huge chunk of city budgets in some places. The onus is therefore on the police to fine folk for everything and in turn it leads to so many confrontations over nothing that just escalate. 

This article is from 2015 but it's an interesting read to illustrate your point.

A handful of Colorado towns rely heavily on money from traffic tickets.

Some quotes:

The U.S. Census reports Morrison’s population at 428, but with 146 of those residents in the Bear Creek Care and Rehabilitation Center. The police force has more than 20 full-time, part-time and reserve officers. The town’s all black cruisers and SUVs are often seen along U.S. 285 in Turkey Creek Canyon or on SR 470 with multiple arrays of safety lights flashing.

In 2013, fines accounted for 52 percent of the town's total revenue. Police chief Rudy Sandoval attributes this to the major highways his department is responsible for monitoring, and said the practices are fair.

In 2013, Morrison made more that $1.15 million from traffic tickets, which more than covered police department costs, $846,000 and municipal court, $148,025.

I drive through Morrison's jurisdiction almost daily. The "major highways his department is responsible for monitoring" are outside Morrison's town limits but were annexed about 10 years ago., precisely so they could issue tickets on them.  When the weather's bad, or there's an accident requiring police attention, Morrison's cops are nowhere to be seen and it's the State Troopers who have to deal with it. The article states that the town has 20 cops. What it doesn't say is that in 2014, there were only 18 reported crimes.

46 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A fascist as well; he'd make a great American cop. 

images (8).jpeg

If he was "Irish" he'd have all the boxes ticked, particularly in New York.

16 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

This article is from 2015 but it's an interesting read to illustrate your point.

A handful of Colorado towns rely heavily on money from traffic tickets.

Some quotes:

The U.S. Census reports Morrison’s population at 428, but with 146 of those residents in the Bear Creek Care and Rehabilitation Center. The police force has more than 20 full-time, part-time and reserve officers. The town’s all black cruisers and SUVs are often seen along U.S. 285 in Turkey Creek Canyon or on SR 470 with multiple arrays of safety lights flashing.

In 2013, fines accounted for 52 percent of the town's total revenue. Police chief Rudy Sandoval attributes this to the major highways his department is responsible for monitoring, and said the practices are fair.

In 2013, Morrison made more that $1.15 million from traffic tickets, which more than covered police department costs, $846,000 and municipal court, $148,025.

I drive through Morrison's jurisdiction almost daily. The "major highways his department is responsible for monitoring" are outside Morrison's town limits but were annexed about 10 years ago., precisely so they could issue tickets on them.  When the weather's bad, or there's an accident requiring police attention, Morrison's cops are nowhere to be seen and it's the State Troopers who have to deal with it. The article states that the town has 20 cops. What it doesn't say is that in 2014, there were only 18 reported crimes.

But how many black people did they shoot?

15 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

.....maybe it's just me.....but I think having a great day normally doesn't involve being dead.

I just fucking can’t anymore. How the f**k do one of the Secret Service guys flanking him not just turn round and smack him in the fucking mouth? I can be present and appearing to listen to shit when I’m not. I have a wife and a kid. I have to be good at that to maintain sanity. I can only presume these guys are at Bruce Lee levels of it.