Virtual Season Ticket

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Great, free stream for ibrox then, f**k paying these inbreds.

Thats going to be a problem for all clubs,  the free streamers. Reckon we'll see an effort to shut them down tho...

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Thats going to be a problem for all clubs,  the free streamers. Reckon we'll see an effort to shut them down tho...

I don't mind paying for the games and using a VPN. £7 or £8 to be able to sit and watch it as it's happening on my TV, rather than 5 minutes behind, laggy as f**k and piss poor picture quality on the laptop.

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Apparently Celtic did a very good job of shutting theirs down last season, no idea how they did it or to what extent.

I managed to watch us away to them without any hassle. There's no real way to stop it to be honest, and even then people with duplicate passes means there will always be 'spare' going about.  This is just going to amplify the number of people with access and those who'll stream it. 

I think it's madness to tie it to ST atm anyway. Livi and possibly the whole league aren't selling separate passes for TV only - for Livi it's only ST holders that can get it. Not sure what the option would be on just buying a ST for when games are back in stadiums. Seems pointless to pay £18 for a stream of a game I'd already have with 2 season ticket holders in the house. 

We might see a delay of return to stadiums even beyond October/November. Think quite a few folk might just hold off until January and get half season tickets when it comes to it. PATG for any games between October to December that we do eventually get back in stadiums

30 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't mind paying for the games and using a VPN. £7 or £8 to be able to sit and watch it as it's happening on my TV, rather than 5 minutes behind, laggy as f**k and piss poor picture quality on the laptop.

You do know you can watch streams through a half decent TV nowadays? Very seldom have issues with lagging either. Perfect ultra HD as well.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Apparently Celtic did a very good job of shutting theirs down last season, no idea how they did it or to what extent.

Aberdeen managed to stop if for a while by having the username of the account shown on the bottom right corner of the feed. Wasn't too long before there was a way around that.

I've seen complaints on exactly this from people on Facebook etc. I pay around £150 more than my dad as I've got a much better seat but we'd both get the same view from a virtual season ticket. This doesn't really bother me but it's another excuse for people to moan.
Ffs. Have the away fans to watch their team at parkhead with one hand over their eye then?

Aberdeen managed to stop if for a while by having the username of the account shown on the bottom right corner of the feed. Wasn't too long before there was a way around that.

You can pixelate areas of the screen you're streaming. Sky and BT do something similar where they've got a user ID on the screen, you'll notice streams always have a blurry bit covering that. 

I've yet to work out why it isn't technically feasible to move an identifying number around the screen tbh.

Saying all this, piracy and streaming are distribution and pricing market failures. If you don't address them then there will be those who'll find a way round the barriers companies use to combat it. Netflix, Steam, and Spotify done more to combat piracy than the absolute f**k ton of attempts by industry.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

“Therefore, Dundee United pledge that if three or more home games are held behind closed doors during Season 2020/21, those who purchase a season ticket they will receive a credit equivalent to 1/19th of their season ticket price for each match missed from the third match that can then be put towards either the overall cost of a season ticket or match tickets for the 2021/22 season. “

Hope we sign a sub editor next season.

Word from someone who's seen the Sky agreement is that, shockingly, Ewan Murray was talking shite about the cap. The agreement is that its games on Sky which are limited to the number of season ticket holders last year. The rest of the games aren't capped and will be available to ppv. So the utter guesses in here saying exactly that were more informed than The Guardians chief Scottish Football correspondent. Stealing a living springs to mind.

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Word from someone who's seen the Sky agreement is that, shockingly, Ewan Murray was talking shite about the cap. The agreement is that its games on Sky which are limited to the number of season ticket holders last year. The rest of the games aren't capped and will be available to ppv. So the utter guesses in here saying exactly that were more informed than The Guardians chief Scottish Football correspondent. Stealing a living springs to mind.

Murray is one of the worst journalists in Scotland for pushing his own personal agenda, so I'm not surprised to see he went for the version of the story that fitted in with what he wanted to think.

As with Sky and the EFL, they did loads of love games on the red button - couldn't something similar happen ? A tv season ticket sounds good,as people can't get to every game, I'm guessing most games can be found somewhere on the internet etc ? Sure that the 1 camera will be ok,just like the old days.

• 2 weeks later...