American looking for an SPFL team

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Are you concerned there is too much happiness in your life?

Do you enjoy being ridiculed and abused?

Do you look forward to spending your Saturdays feeling thoroughly fed up?

Would you like to see people's eyes glaze over when you tell them which Scottish team you support?

Is it your hope that one day, before too long, you'll ask yourself why you ever decided to follow Scottish football?

If you answered 'yes' to any of those questions, my I suggest my team, Falkirk?

haha

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Especially for Trump the c**t.

I was referring to the fact that the team is actually located in a city called Independence, Missouri.

But you are accurate in that Trump referred to them as being located in Kansas.

3 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I was referring to the fact that the team is actually located in a city called Independence, Missouri.

But you are accurate in that Trump referred to them as being located in Kansas.

Another example is the New York Jets who play their home games in New Jersey.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Another example is the New York Jets who play their home games in New Jersey.

As do the Giants. There's actually a bunch of teams that aren't physically in the city of their name. Cowboys, 49ers, Cardinals, etc.

3 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

As do the Giants. There's actually a bunch of teams that aren't physically in the city of their name. Cowboys, 49ers, Cardinals, etc.

Yeah but at least those 4 all play their home games within the state that their "City" name is part of, the Jets play in a different state altogether. They should really be called the New Jersey Jets.

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah but at least those 4 all play their home games within the state that their "City" name is part of, the Jets play in a different state altogether. They should really be called the New Jersey Jets.

The 49ers have fucked off to Santa Clara, 50 miles or so away. I think the Jets and Giants are a lot closer than that to New York.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Giants and Jets play in the same stadium in New Jersey.

No chance the names will ever be changed.

33 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

We have it in Scotland too.

Falkirk FC don't actually play their home games in the town of Falkirk. Their stadium is located in Grangemouth.

14 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

American here looking for an SPFL team to follow for the upcoming season. I've eliminated Celtic and Rangers because that would be too easy (and would be like someone outside of the states choosing the Yankees or Red Sox in American baseball), but want a team that has a chance to finish in the top 4 and possibly play in the Europa League.

So far looking at Aberdeen, Hibernian and Motherwell. Any thoughts or want to pitch me on your squad?

The person who runs the Twitter account was very helpful, so now I'm coming to the board for thoughts as well.

Cheers.

P.S.  I enjoyed my trip to Scotland a few summers ago.

Listen, man - dinnae let the bright lights of the spfl distract you from the many delights of Scotland's wee teams.

My own club has much to offer in terms of back-to-front long-ball soccer with nary the need for a decent net-tender.

We also have many fine pies, and, if it's nefarious litigious actions that you're into...we'll we've got those too. 

Absolutely no pressure, but if I haven't heard  anything from you by this time next year...well, that's still ok. :wub: