American looking for an SPFL team

16 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Thanks.

I'm a Sporting KC fan, but what Atlanta has done as an organization is incredible. I like their away kit, and agreed, it does look MLS-ish.

Would have to be Dundee United who had links in the 60s with the late Lamar Hunt and changed our colours after playing in Dallas as Dallas Tornado.

Before our trans-Atlantic friend makes up his mind he should read up, at length, on the Sevco liquidation and ‘wilderness years’ and try to understand the Rangers* history and mentality of their fans and the Scottish media. 

Then watch the Motherwell v Rangers* play off highlights (both legs) on YouTube.

5 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Fucking Chief b*****ds. We'll do you this year (49ers ftw).

Also...you already support a team that plays in red..there's only one team for you.

You are now a Brechin City fan.

Not if you still have Jimmy G. slinging it :)

Cheers on Brechin City. It's impressive there are that many Scottish pro teams.

Afraid to ask, but are they still in League 2 or going to Highland?

5 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Listen, man - dinnae let the bright lights of the spfl distract you from the many delights of Scotland's wee teams.

My own club has much to offer in terms of back-to-front long-ball soccer with nary the need for a decent net-tender.

We also have many fine pies, and, if it's nefarious litigious actions that you're into...we'll we've got those too. 

Absolutely no pressure, but if I haven't heard  anything from you by this time next year...well, that's still ok. :wub:

Who's your squad?

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The 49ers have fucked off to Santa Clara, 50 miles or so away. I think the Jets and Giants are a lot closer than that to New York.

Maybe they should be called the Santa Clara 50ers or so, then.

35 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Celtic has a store at the St. Mirren stadium?

Their fans requested it. @Munoz on here was the driving force, but I cant actually remember why it was done.

Think they were struggling for fans so used it to try and increase traffic into their store (which is an offshoot of the Celtic store).

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their fans requested it. @Munoz on here was the driving force, but I cant actually remember why it was done.

Think they were struggling for fans so used it to try and increase traffic into their store (which is an offshoot of the Celtic store).

Very interesting.

I guess when Celtic visits they would have a good day of sales?

7 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Very interesting.

Not just when Celtic visit - a lot of St Mirren fans buy the merchandise too.

I’m not sure if it’s happened with any other sports clubs before ? I think St Mirren are unique in having another clubs store built into their stadium ??

11 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Very interesting.

Dont listen to him, he's filling your head with nonsense. St Johnstone supporters are mainly all hillbillies who have very close relationships with their families and drink Pulse Cider. 

24 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Very interesting.

I've no idea tbh, they give them all four stands of their ground when they're due to play Celtic though, so must make some decent money off of that.