American looking for an SPFL team

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Another point to consider is whether you would rather be in the minority than majority. 

By which I mean Aberdeen and Hibs get average crowds of 12-15,000 whereas the mighty (but not so well supported) Well get average crowds of 5-6000.  So in summary more exclusive........

Is there a deadline for this much anticipated decision ?

I think he’s a Hibs fan. He just needs time to learn the Jon Obika song.

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think he’s a Hibs fan. He just needs time to learn the Jon Obika song.

Indeed. And oif course, every Hibs fan should know the names of the Hibs Famous Five lineup by heart: Albert Kidd, Jon Obika, James Connolly, Irvine Welsh, and Craig Levein.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Indeed. And oif course, every Hibs fan should know the names of the Hibs Famous Five lineup by heart: Albert Kidd, Jon Obika, James Connolly, Irvine Welsh, and Craig Levein.

No Rix or Romanov?

45 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Also a good way for our foreign visitor to get to grips with the concept of crowdwanking.

To translate, The term "Crowdwanking" refers to fans of a team perpetually bragging about their attendance as a way to either points score or deflect from discussing a more important winner.  Also used to try to belittle other teams with smaller average attendances, frequently to deflect attention away from the fact that their team is doing poorly (which for Falkirk is frequently)

Edited by senorsoupe

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

To translate, The term "Crowdwanking" refers to fans of a team perpetually bragging about their attendance as a way to either points score or deflect from discussing a more important winner.  Also used to try to belittle other teams with smaller average attendances, frequently to deflect attention away from the fact that their team is doing poorly (which for Falkirk is frequently)

That’s one shitey home support from Norwich City right now.

Are you concerned there is too much happiness in your life?

Do you enjoy being ridiculed and abused?

Do you look forward to spending your Saturdays feeling thoroughly fed up?

Would you like to see people's eyes glaze over when you tell them which Scottish team you support?

Is it your hope that one day, before too long, you'll ask yourself why you ever decided to follow Scottish football?

If you answered 'yes' to any of those questions, my I suggest my team, Falkirk?

11 hours ago, Comrie said:

Any non-OF teams runs in Europe usually mean an embarrassing defeat in Estonia, Finland or Iceland so just go the full hog and support a proper diddy club who can't shame you on the domestic and european stage.

IDK, Falkirk have gone from being humiliated by a team from Liechtenstein at the European level to getting regularly turned over by fellow seaside league non-entities like 'Clyde' (ed: check spelling) in the space of barely ten years. Not to mention getting humiliated by only the second best team in Wales at the transnational level of the Challenge Cup as well. That's the trifecta of Scottish football diddydom completed right there.

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

IDK, Falkirk have gone from being humiliated by a team from Liechtenstein at the European level to getting regularly turned over by fellow seaside league non-entities like 'Clyde' (ed: check spelling) in the space of barely ten years. Not to mention getting humiliated by only the second best team in Wales at the transnational level of the Challenge Cup as well. That's the trifecta of Scottish football diddydom completed right there.

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

You've missed someone calling Greenock coastal earlier btw 

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Alright Chief, there is an Elgin in Kansas so I suggest supporting Elgin City on that basis. 

Ha.  I am from Kansas, and this doesn't matter to anyone here, but just fyi the Chiefs are actually located in Missouri. I believe there is also an Elgin, Missouri, though.

Just now, AmericanFan said:

Ha.  I am from Kansas, and this doesn't matter to anyone here, but just fyi the Chiefs are actually located in Missouri. I believe there is also an Elgin, Missouri, though.

Oh aye, is it not on the state border pretty much? 

They can be your second team after you've found your big one then! 

10 hours ago, dezz said:

It’s got to be Motherwell;

- statistically the best performing non-city club in the country!
-the only top flight club fully owned by our fans.
-the best social media game in Scottish football.
- strong tradition of of bringing through youth players, and one of the best academies in the country.
-our kits are frequently great as well (see this years away effort)

No arguments from me that the town is a shitehole but that makes the distraction of a decent football club all the more important!

Thanks.

Looking at a map, is Motherwell a suburb of Glasgow?

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Oh aye, is it not on the state border pretty much? 

They can be your second team after you've found your big one then! 

Yeah, it is. It's actually overly complicated as there is a Kansas City, Missouri, and a Kansas City, Kansas. They are right next to each other and separated by a river in some places and just a street in others (pubs close at 2 am in Kansas and 3 in Missouri).

Kansas City, Missouri is the city everyone usually refers to. The Chiefs are located on the Missouri side (and technically not in Kansas City, just to make things more confusing).

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

Another point to consider is whether you would rather be in the minority than majority. 

By which I mean Aberdeen and Hibs get average crowds of 12-15,000 whereas the mighty (but not so well supported) Well get average crowds of 5-6000.  So in summary more exclusive........

Is there a deadline for this much anticipated decision ?

Appreciate it.

Deadline would be before the season begins in August at the latest.

8 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

The answer is of course Livingston.
Best team in the Lothians.
Not been defeated by Hearts or Hibs in the league for 2 years.
We took the most amount of points off Celtic last season than any other club.
We are regarded as a "franchise" club which of course is a thing most known on America.
5 seasons ago we were relegated to League 1 by Stranraer. This season we finished 5th in the Premiership and without Covid we maybe could have made it to 4th.

Plus we have Marvin Bartley.

Thanks for the contribution.

Clyde are good guys, really. Guaranteed fo always vote in a way that irritates Rangers or whichever team has gone a bit Rangersey (currently Hearts). We also sound like an American outlaw. Yes, I can't really defend the signing of DGW, but then, you support Tyreek Hill...

Plus, we seem constantly on the brink of financial armageddon so, if it doesn't work out, you may well be able to choose a new team soon enough anyway. And there's always the off chance that our next crazy relocation scheme could see us move to America, which would be handy for you.

7 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Thanks. Needed that, haha.