Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, dundeeunited83 said:

listened to Pressley on sportsound, some of the rubbish he was coming away with was laughable 

He spouted utter fucking garbage from start to finish, and as Ludo said, I am delighted that he has ruled himself out.

Bellend

I hope the judge in the upcoming legal dispute was listening to how stable Hears are, and how much money they have to fling around just now.

Listened to as much of Pressley as I could take, which really isn't a lot.

To me, and I'm paraphrasing, it seemed like he was claiming Dundee United are on the brink of collapse then when asked if he would fancy the job he went "no" to which he was asked was that because the club is about to fold and he answers, "I never said that". I may have picked that up wrongly. I find it difficult to listen to the lad. He's the Father Purcell of Scottish football.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As a Dee, I can't make a judgement without being accused of bias one way or the other, but what I would say is that Pressley & Neilson are best mates so some of Pressley's thoughts, 'rubbish' as they may be might have been reflected by Neilson as well.

If they're best mates and that is all true you'd expect Neilson to be on the phone to him tonight absolutely furious for sharing it.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

If they're best mates and that is all true you'd expect Neilson to be on the phone to him tonight absolutely furious for sharing it.

Aye, even if true, Pressley still managed to come across like a complete clown. I was more angling that Neilson might also be a complete clown tbh!

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

Listened to as much of Pressley as I could take, which really isn't a lot.

To me, and I'm paraphrasing, it seemed like he was claiming Dundee United are on the brink of collapse then when asked if he would fancy the job he went "no" to which he was asked was that because the club is about to fold and he answers, "I never said that". I may have picked that up wrongly. I find it difficult to listen to the lad. He's the Father Purcell of Scottish football.

It was fucking horrendous listening, (It made me almost wish they’d got Tom English back on instead) but I did listen to the end in the vain hope that some elements of balance might be brought into it, and Kenny McIntyre to his credit did try his best to do that.

Listening to Presley for more than 5 minutes though does make you consider the benefits of chopping your ears off.....

7 minutes ago, MacArab said:

It was fucking horrendous listening, (It made me almost wish they’d got Tom English back on instead) but I did listen to the end in the vain hope that some elements of balance might be brought into it, and Kenny McIntyre to his credit did try his best to do that.

Listening to Presley for more than 5 minutes though does make you consider the benefits of chopping your ears off.....

Could be worse, it could've been these fellers discussing your club!!!!

OIP.jpg.24e24f338e3aedeb6efa53299dcbba49.jpg951961998_OIP(1).jpg.fbe05e8ed3bd8e94a4abb2991f37b9b6.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I doubt he has that many options after last season's shit show..

And what is Uniteds "structure" that it would make Craig's job difficult there?

A fairly hands-on director of football who seems to handle a lot of the transfer dealings. The feeling is that some of the old school managers like Levein & Wright probably wouldn’t appreciate his “input” . 

2 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

A fairly hands-on director of football who seems to handle a lot of the transfer dealings. The feeling is that some of the old school managers like Levein & Wright probably wouldn’t appreciate his “input” . 

After last season having someone with an input to help Craig in the transfer market might not be a bad thing.

Listened to the first section of that interview. Pressley stated Hearts are coming through this pandemic demonstrating they are not in financial trouble. This is the club which told players they could be suspended if they didn't take a 50% pay cut on 18th March.

Pressley maybe missed that story. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6

Stopped listening to him after that, on around 3 minutes.

Levein is a lot of things, but old school isn't one of them. You have to separate his style of play from his outlook as a manager.

1 hour ago, D.V.T. said:

Is Stewart Petrie too risky?

That would break my heart if Sir Stewart went to Dundee United. As been said, really hard to see them appointing someone that is FAIRLY old and I doubt they would even entertain Petrie. Can see him maybe at EEP in the future tbh. 

43 minutes ago, MacArab said:

He spouted utter fucking garbage from start to finish, and as Ludo said, I am delighted that he has ruled himself out.

Bellend

I hope the judge in the upcoming legal dispute was listening to how stable Hears are, and how much money they have to fling around just now.

This “hearts can afford to go down” won’t work in court they mainly deal in justice. Surely  we can’t be held accountable if your clubs overspending.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Levein fairly whoring himself out to go as far as saying, 'Forget Hearts, United is where my heart is' is some bold move.

Nice to hear. It's not like he was unwilling to publicly stick the boot into us while at Hearts for wrecking Souttar's career (or words to that effect).

Getting the Scotland gig caused Levein's already considerable ego to balloon to ridiculous proportions. There's been no sign of it deflating despite failing miserably with Scotland and now Hearts.

22 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

And what is Uniteds "structure" that it would make Craig's job difficult there?

He wouldn't have a boss like Eddie Thompson or Ann Budge content to give him complete control to do whatever he wants.

Also, I'd rather have Csaba back than go near Pressley. McNamara was still a better pick than Pressley despite how that ultimately turned out.