Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Twa pehs, twa plehn bridies an an ingin ane  an a.

Anyone who puts apostrophes in vernacular Scots is OFTW 

I lived in Dundee from 1966 to 1983, and in the circles that I moved in, a peg was never ever part of this famous phrase. And, for the benefit of The DA you don’t get ingin pehs. Hope that’s cleared things up.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I lived in Dundee from 1966 to 1983, and in the circles that I moved in, a peg was never ever part of this famous phrase. And, for the benefit of The DA you don’t get ingin pehs. Hope that’s cleared things up.

It's a folk saying, it's going to change from time to time but thats the boiler plate version. TBH I have never heard anyone talking about bridies when they use it. Always pehs

Also, no onion pehs? WTF 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I see your point about onion pies but https://indy-prints.com/products/twa-pehs-an-an-ingin-ane-in-aw

Can exclusively reveal there was issue with the phone interview with McClaren, so his chances have now dipped.

Spoiler

Mitrovic-red-card.gif.f8e61dd66be9f2230b0d44e37204f943.gif

Reading between the lines just how much are United going to be paying their new manager/ head coach?

Mackay is said to be on £250,000 a year at the SFA and McLaren won't come cheap. Wright was probably the highest earner at St Johnstone too?*

*hiya RG, hiya pal.

Edited by jagfox BLM

7 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Reading between the lines just how much are United going to be paying their new manager/ head coach?

Mackay is said to be on £250,000 a year at the SFA and McLaren won't come cheap. Wright was probably the highest earner at St Johnstone too?*

*hiya RG, hiya pal.

It won't be anything near 250k pa anyway.

If we get McLaren the SPFL should put in 50k to reflect the greater interest in the league we will generate.

If its McKay Britain First should the same.

12 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Wright was probably the highest earner at St Johnstone too?

Youd guess so.

He was on a "six figure salary", but that's a pretty wide field.

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No, no, no! Thrice times no! You have obviously never stayed in Dundee. The phrase is actually about bridies. (As an aside, in Aberdeenshire a birdie is called a bradie.)

Was never sure if this was a piss-take or not, but my father-in-law told me a story about a guy he knew who had seldom left Aberdeenshire, but had gone down to London for work.  He was meant to have gone into the paper shop the next morning & asked for a copy of the P&J and a couple of rowies.

Can't imagine McLaren will go for the gig, but you never know. The pull of being in the same league as Gerrard (who is clearly box office down South where McLaren would happily take some up to date exposure) and United does trade a bit on the "we've beaten Barcelona" line so maybe he'll feel that's enough of a pull.

MacKay would be a strange appointment considering his history and the fans' opinion of him.

Finally, anyone speaking Dundonian and/or Doric sound like you are having a stroke. FACT!