Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 26/06/2020 at 11:37, Ric said:

The condescension from the North East is evident. What's wrong lads, not enough Jim McColl planting bulbs?

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Can't imagine McLaren will go for the gig, but you never know. The pull of being in the same league as Gerrard (who is clearly box office down South where McLaren would happily take some up to date exposure) and United does trade a bit on the "we've beaten Barcelona" line so maybe he'll feel that's enough of a pull.

MacKay would be a strange appointment considering his history and the fans' opinion of him.

Finally, anyone speaking Dundonian and/or Doric sound like you are having a stroke. FACT!

Snap.

4 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Snap.

There's your problem, you've mixed up an actual FACT with someone's condescension. ;)

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The manager fixed odds are a right laugh. Last time I put a bet on was when Neilson was 100% taking over at St Mirren after an ITK tip on here. Megaprofitz.

Yeah.. we all know how bookies work, they look at how much money they will have to pay out and adjust the odds based on the maximum profit. If loads of people pile on a bet the odds come down not because that result is more likely, but because the bookies would need to pay out more if they kept the odds high and it did end up being the correct choice.

As they say, "you never see a skint bookie".

36 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Reading between the lines just how much are United going to be paying their new manager/ head coach?

Mackay is said to be on £250,000 a year at the SFA and McLaren won't come cheap. Wright was probably the highest earner at St Johnstone too?*

*hiya RG, hiya pal.

Have you heard anything on Shankland's opinion?

I wonder who leaks the who's getting interviewed tips? Maybe sometimes the club to gauge the fans reaction, sometimes the manager/agent to build up momentum? Big mistake for Malky if he did it I'd have thought. 

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

There's your problem, you've mixed up an actual FACT with someone's condescension. ;)

Yeah.. we all know how bookies work, they look at how much money they will have to pay out and adjust the odds based on the maximum profit. If loads of people pile on a bet the odds come down not because that result is more likely, but because the bookies would need to pay out more if they kept the odds high and it did end up being the correct choice.

As they say, "you never see a skint bookie".

The more pertinent point remains; who is putting money on Austin McPhee and Ross Tokely and should they be allowed out in society?

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The more pertinent point remains; who is putting money on Austin McPhee and Ross Tokely and should they be allowed out in society?

No idea about Tokely, but in terms of McPhee could there be a cynical thing here where for outlay of a few hundred quid you can get your name up the bookies list giving you more prominence for the next job that comes around?

I can't imagine the book for this is particularly hefty. I seem to remember that a £50 bet got someone from the hundreds to 1 up to 10 to 1. I wish I could remember who it was, but the story is from maybe 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more).

I'm absolutely no expert on bookies, as I've never placed a bet in my life, so maybe someone can clarify just how easy it is to manipulate the odds.

17 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’d love to hear Steve McClaren’s attempt at a Dundonian accent.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

I for one cant wait to hear Shteves attempt  at a dirty Dundeh accent.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Looking forward to his first interview in Dundonian.

On 27/06/2020 at 18:25, Junior_Arab said:

I would love him to get the job just to hear him trying to put on a Dundee accent in his interviews!  

You know what would be funny, if McClaren attempted a Dundee accent in his interview!

Just now, kingjoey said:

Everyone knows that there is no such thing as a rowie, they are butteries.

I actually lived up there for about 5 years, and was regularly castigated if I called them butteries.

That said, I was located in the posh end of town, befitting of my general demeanour you understand, so perhaps the more "earthy types" from Tilly or Tory would favour buttery within the local parlance.

🧐

37 minutes ago, Ric said:

No idea about Tokely, but in terms of McPhee could there be a cynical thing here where for outlay of a few hundred quid you can get your name up the bookies list giving you more prominence for the next job that comes around?

I can't imagine the book for this is particularly hefty. I seem to remember that a £50 bet got someone from the hundreds to 1 up to 10 to 1. I wish I could remember who it was, but the story is from maybe 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more).

I'm absolutely no expert on bookies, as I've never placed a bet in my life, so maybe someone can clarify just how easy it is to manipulate the odds.

Depends on the timing and the previous betting pattern of the punter I'd think. A small bookie like McBookies is likely to notice a bigger than usual punt more quickly I'd have thought. Made some profit from Bet365 putting bets on after other bookies have dropped their odds right down or closed the market.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I actually lived up there for about 5 years, and was regularly castigated if I called them butteries.

That said, I was located in the posh end of town, befitting of my general demeanour you understand, so perhaps the more "earthy types" from Tilly or Tory would favour buttery within the local parlance.

🧐

Lehs! It is us "earthy types" that call it a rowie, it's the dung chuckers fae Turra', 'Rurie and Rothie that call them Butteries, as they cluck around like hens pumping their cousins.

Until you reach the Broch, where they are simply, rolls.