Lewis Capaldi hatred thread

Some amount of “cringe” on here, and emotion being expended on someone who is just making the most of what he’s got (both Capaldi and Cinnamon fall into that category).

There are some things that for whatever reason, it's the done thing to hate. Probably anything that becomes popular in a mainstream way.

That song last year was an incredible hit. I really liked it but the sheer weight of airtime it received understandably sickened folk.

But he handled it all brilliantly well. He's genuinely funny, and clearly doesn't take himself too seriously. Fair play to him.
The love he receives is obviously completely over the top, but he’s managed to have pretty much every women in the UK fancy him despite being from Bathgate and not Bonnyrigg, which you’ve got to admire. 

He seems like a decent enough guy, if a little bit of a try hard, I’d have a pint with him. 
Pretty much this.

I think some folk must get a level of pleasure from releasing unadulterated hate. Maybe raging seethe is good for the soul, but i doubt it.

Ps. I was late to the gerry cinnamon party but he's clearly a talented wee guy. He's had more of a gradual, organic rise to the top, though. And like capaldi, the level of hatred he receives is out of kilter with the universe.

Not a fan of his music at all, but the guy is in his early 20s, from a working class background in Scotland, selling millions of records, putting up daft videos/patter on social media, and seemingly being a dick to no-one (have heard zero reports of him being a fanny and I don’t think scranning a Big Mac in Forfar and posing for a photo with staff counts).

Quite why there’s 8 pages worth of lower league Scottish football fans trying to out-do each other in sneery posts I’m not sure. It does reek of a high proportion being VLs though IMO. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

There are some things that for whatever reason, it's the done thing to hate. Probably anything that becomes popular in a mainstream way.

That song last year was an incredible hit. I really liked it but the sheer weight of airtime it received understandably sickened folk.

But he handled it all brilliantly well. He's genuinely funny, and clearly doesn't take himself too seriously. Fair play to him.
Pretty much this.

I think some folk must get a level of pleasure from releasing unadulterated hate. Maybe raging seethe is good for the soul, but i doubt it.

Ps. I was late to the gerry cinnamon party but he's clearly a talented wee guy. He's had more of a gradual, organic rise to the top, though. And like capaldi, the level of hatred he receives is out of kilter with the universe.

I'm glad to hear there's other like-minded souls out there who share my dislike of Gerry Cinnamon. I've got no idea what he's like as a person but I'm subjected to his shitey music everytime the wife gets pished and it's not good. 

Guest bernardblack
I'm glad to hear there's other like-minded souls out there who share my dislike of Gerry Cinnamon. I've got no idea what he's like as a person but I'm subjected to his shitey music everytime the wife gets pished and it's not good. 

The only issue I have with Cinnamon is hearing SHEISABELTERAHHTHINKALOVEHER makes me want to chop my ears off.

Guest bernardblack
If I could only chose to give one of Lewis Capaldi or Gerry Cinnamon a punt in the pie it’d be Gerry Cinnamon every day of the week. Horrible man, horrible music liked by horrible people.

Be kind.

The comparison between these two artists is pretty pointless and actually quite lazy.

Capaldi has had one massive hit. He writes soppy love songs and so far, hasn't proven himself to be anything other than a one hit wonder.

He's having a great time though, and like i said, handling the instant fame as well as anyone probably could. Seems a good c**t.

Cinnamon has been writing some catchy hooks for a long time, and as far as i know, hasn't had any huge shortcuts to success. It's been a much more organic growth, and for me the quality of his song-writing is so much better than capaldi.

But he also writes brilliant lyrics. Anyone who has given it a proper listen and doesn't rate his lyrics is probably worth ignoring completely. Yes he's tapped into a niche neddy market (here we, here we, here we fucking go) - but if you can't see past that then you're probably being a snob. He's writing from a perspective that doesn't get any positive attention in society (the so called underclass), and he's doing it very well.

I have no idea whether he's a good c**t or not, though. But in musical terms he's miles ahead of capaldi at this point.

36 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

LIMq9NZ.gif

It's annoying me that the original kick wouldn't reach his baws. It's shoddily put together. 

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Capaldi has had one massive hit. He writes soppy love songs and so far, hasn't proven himself to be anything other than a one hit wonder.

He's also the biggest selling UK artist of 2019. His album spent something crazy like it first six weeks after release at number 1. Not bad for a guy who hasn't proven himself as somebody other than a one hit wonder. 

Yet : she is a gangster, wi a hummer mile stare and when she walks her feet don't touch the flare = lyricist. 

Jim Carrey Ok GIF

The comparison between these two artists is pretty pointless and actually quite lazy.

This first point is true.

I have no idea whether he's a good c**t or not, though. But in musical terms he's miles ahead of capaldi at this point

This second point is absolute bollocks.

59 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

He's having a great time though, and like i said, handling the instant fame as well as anyone probably could. Seems a good c**t.

Cinnamon has been writing some catchy hooks for a long time, and as far as i know, hasn't had any huge shortcuts to success. It's been a much more organic growth, and for me the quality of his song-writing is so much better than capaldi.

But he also writes brilliant lyrics. Anyone who has given it a proper listen and doesn't rate his lyrics is probably worth ignoring completely. Yes he's tapped into a niche neddy market (here we, here we, here we fucking go) - but if you can't see past that then you're probably being a snob. He's writing from a perspective that doesn't get any positive attention in society (the so called underclass), and he's doing it very well.

I have no idea whether he's a good c**t or not, though. But in musical terms he's miles ahead of capaldi at this point.

Hi Gerry

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Hiya Gerry

58 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's annoying me that the original kick wouldn't reach his baws. It's shoddily put together. 

He's also the biggest selling UK artist of 2019. His album spent something crazy like it first six weeks after release at number 1. Not bad for a guy who hasn't proven himself as somebody other than a one hit wonder. 

Yet : she is a gangster, wi a hummer mile stare and when she walks her feet don't touch the flare = lyricist. 

Jim Carrey Ok GIF

Hiya Lewis

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

You started that post by saying it's lazy and pointless to compare the two of them, then finished your post by comparing the two of them.

This second point is absolute bollocks.

Wait, there are genuinely folk that rate capaldi and don't rate cinnamon?

And just to be clear I'm taking about the music they produce, nothing to do with the type of person they are, or how annoying their fans are. Just the quality of the music.

You think capaldi is better?

f**k me.

And whoever used the 'but but but they had the biggest selling album' argument is going to have to justify the millions of albums that Simon Cowell can punt from whatever fuckwit wins whatever talent show is still going these days. That's a minimal factor when discerning quality.

You started that post by saying it's lazy and pointless to compare the two of them, then finished your post by comparing the two of them.
Fair point.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

And whoever used the 'but but but they had the biggest selling album' argument is going to have to justify the millions 

They sell because they're popular. To be popular, you have to have a degree of talent that people want to procure a copy of. You're claiming a man who has sold millions of copies of his album - worldwide - is a one hit wonder. You're also claiming a weegie, who vaguely rhymes his weegie words together is a "better lyricist and songwriter". 

You're absolutely oot yer nut.