Played out tropes in TV and Film

The OP

On 18/05/2024 at 22:12, BFTD said:

If you're a nerdy high-school girl with a ponytail, glasses, braces, and a stack of books she carries pressed to her chest wherever she goes? Oh, yes yes yes.

No need for a haircut, just take your glasses off.

5 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

No need for a haircut, just take your glasses off.

No no, the rule is that she needs to let down her ponytail too (or have a love interest do it for her).

Then everyone is her friend and she's crowned Queen of the Prom. What happens after that depends on whether her name is Carrie.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

No no, the rule is that she needs to let down her ponytail too (or have a love interest do it for her).

Then everyone is her friend and she's crowned Queen of the Prom. What happens after that depends on whether her name is Carrie.

I've never made it to the end, I assume it ends well.

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I've never made it to the end, I assume it ends well.

Yes, much like Old Yeller finishes with the dog triumphantly recovering from the feral hog attack. Wholesome happy fun for the whole family.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Blind people are martial arts experts. They use extra-sensory perception to locate their enemies and kick f**k out of them.

Daredevil was tremendous, though.

20 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Daredevil was tremendous, though.

New series will hopefully be the start of more stuff like that appearing again 

For all the marvel tv shows, arguably the netflix ones were the best in terms of characters and storylines (bar iron fist, man they fucked that) 

Daredevil and punisher were absolutely fantastic series

On 23/06/2024 at 20:57, tongue_tied_danny said:

TBF, most of the films with blind hard c***s are pretty good. Blind Fury, The Silent Flute, Zatoichi. All worth a watch.

Forgetting Alan bleasedale classic,"no surrender"

Just echoing the 'both parents clearly earn £70K between them, how the fuck can they afford a 7 bedroom, 3 bathroom mansion in the suburbs when they have 3 kids' shout that's been mentioned before.  I watched 'Bad Moms' (I know) with the lovely Mila Kunis and this thread popped into my head.

With that said, I'm pretty sure US salaries, in most sectors, pish all over UK salaries, so it may not be as far fetched as we think.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

the lovely Mila Kunis

My admiration for her took a hit when I discovered that at one time she was being pumped by Macaulay Culkin.

9 minutes ago, GordonD said:

My admiration for her took a hit when I discovered that at one time she was being pumped by Macaulay Culkin.

Shudder Shrugs GIF - Shudder Shrugs - Discover & Share GIFs

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Just echoing the 'both parents clearly earn £70K between them, how the f**k can they afford a 7 bedroom, 3 bathroom mansion in the suburbs when they have 3 kids' shout that's been mentioned before.  I watched 'Bad Moms' (I know) with the lovely Mila Kunis and this thread popped into my head.

With that said, I'm pretty sure US salaries, in most sectors, pish all over UK salaries, so it may not be as far fetched as we think.

You should look at the graph @TxRover posted on the US 2024 elections thread. 

If you eliminate the richest thousand people in America then the average salary is only $35,500.