Strawberries V Raspberries.

What's the best of the red berries?   

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Since lockdown started I have a smoothie as part of my lunch everyday, it will contain strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas and (sometimes) blackberries. It is delicious, and both those wonderful red berries play a huge part in making it what it is.

Raspberry jam is better than strawberry jam though, so on that basis, I've chosen Raspberry.

Seeds in or out?

28 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Since lockdown started I have a smoothie as part of my lunch everyday, it will contain strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas and (sometimes) blackberries. It is delicious, and both those wonderful red berries play a huge part in making it what it is.

Raspberry jam is better than strawberry jam though, so on that basis, I've chosen Raspberry.

That’s a hell of a lot of different fruits in the one smoothie, all that fructose in one blast isn’t good for you. 

I like raspberry-flavoured stuff (jam, sweets etc) better than strawberry-flavoured stuff but I prefer to eat fresh strawberries over fresh raspberries.

Correct, with the exception that haribo Giant Strawbs might be the king of gummy sweets
I prefer eating strawberries to raspberries, but raspberry jam is the king of jams.  Tough choice.
Also correct.

8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The very concept of eating fruit is an anathema to you.

If I didn’t have access to dictionary.com at my fingertips I would have sworn you were making a pass at me.

Coming from the Carse of Gowrie I'm sure you can appreciate my word on this is final.

Strawberries are class but raspberry jam, raspberry flavour crabbies and cranachan tips this in the rasps favour.

But whoever you are, whatever you are doing, just enjoy your berries.

32 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Raspberry for me.

My favourite way to enjoy is Raspberry jam and cheddar cheese sandwich.
Hallelujah !!

“Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it,” they say.

They probably didn’t have this in mind.

proper old strawberries were alright - the ones where you could pull out the pointy stalky bit from the middle, and if it didn't come out easy enough then it wasn't ripe enough to eat and you could just throw it at your mates; these new fangled young people's strawberries that don't even have a pointy stalky middle bit are a fucking abomination - freakish, heretical mad scientist shit - same as bananas without seeds in

diabolical perversion of the natural order of things (leave it) notwithstanding, raspberries are far superior as they make very much nicer vodka and gin derived infusions than those other despicable contrivances (though even the raspberry must bow down to the damson at its altar here)

them two hinnies from strawberry switchblade would've done a turn in their day, mind, though i expect they looked like a pair of badger's arses without all their hair extensions and make up and ribbons and shit...

14 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Raspberry for me.

My favourite way to enjoy is Raspberry jam and cheddar cheese sandwich.
Hallelujah !!

For me, this sounds interesting, and I will not make judgement* until I have tried.

*I reserve the right to call you an utter deviant if it is not a delicious treat.

I voted strawberries because it's the correct answer.

On Deanburn Dave's potentially OFTW statement, my maw used to have cheese and marmalade sandwiches, which were apparently a staple of the diet of female primary teachers in the 1970s. She never mentioned a raspberry jam alternative though, so Dave is worse than female primary teachers, which is pretty low.

Had to take a day to mull this over. As a standalone food then it's Strawberry all the way. If I was only allowed one or the other for the rest of my days then it would have to be raspberries. Raspberry jam, the many raspberries I used to put in glasses of prosecco or gin, raspberries with lemon cheesecake. Just don't think Strawberries have the breadth of abilities of the raspberry.