Cancel culture

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I read something from him recently about intimacy scenes and saying someone was "up for anything".

Has he been cancelled now? I did think it had potential when I read it tbf.

Aye, he was being a daft old man and complaining about people being on set to help the actors feel comfortable and make sure boundaries were respected, etc. A few actresses who'd worked with him were quoted along the lines of, "thanks Sean, but I think we'll stick with the new way of doing things, if that's alright".

It's all a bit disappointing compared to Liam Neeson's tales of stalking the streets of Dublin looking for black men to kill.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Joe Camay's act has never changed. My mate was at a do he appeared at a few weeks ago.

In an attempt not to offend, women, including staff, were asked to leave the room while he was on.

They were the lucky ones.

He was the guest speaker at the sportsman's dinner in golf club I worked in back in April.

I had the night off, by sounds of it I was lucky.

28 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Souness having to apologize. 

Yeah, that's not an apology, nothing about this will even remotely affect his career, and nobody genuinely believes that it will.

The Premier League is a man's game though. He was comparing it to La Liga and Serie A rather than women's football so it's more emasculating Johnny Foreigner than sending the Lionesses back to the kitchen.

The saying is surely more it about it not being a game for wee boys rather than not a game for birds (because when people started saying it they wouldn't even have considered needing to clarify that).

Edited by Detournement

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Premier League is a man's game though. He was comparing it to La Liga and Serie A rather than women's football so it's more emasculating Johnny Foreigner than sending the Lionesses back to the kitchen.

The saying is surely more it about it not being a game for wee boys rather than not a game for birds (because when people started saying it they wouldn't even have considered needing to clarify that).

The actual point he was trying to make,  which should have been the important bit, was valid

Refs blowing up for the slightest contact and taking any physicality out of the sport results in endless free kicks,  broken play and often unwatchable games 

The pleasance has decided they have some corporate values they want to protect and project.

I thought they were something you had to google then memorise for an interview for an office job with a multinational firm?

Never realised theatres had them.

Getting your cock out and waving it front of a woman in the audience. 

Referring to individuals as pakis and niggers. 

And the venue would rather not see a repeat of the performance. 

Political Correctness gone mad. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Very true. Remember that time he signed a Catholic?

We’re never allowed to forget. That great moment that rangers proved beyond all doubt they weren’t sectarian. 

So not sectarian that signing a footballer of the wrong background is still spoken about today as groundbreaking. 

11 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Would you be allowed to call a man with a physical condition known as gigantism Andre The Giant nowadays? 

Bit of respect, please.

It's Mr The Giant, surely.