Cancel culture

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Can you please explain for us English speakers what you mean by "virtue signalling" and why this might be a bad thing. 

Because you wouldn't be misusing the phrase in the same way that trumpist-faragist arseholes do to mean "saying normal things",  would you? 

Freaking hell man, you are just not woke enough for this world.

You are like a total snowflake man...................

Catching up on the thread and somewhat shocked to see objecting to flashing is now "woke". 

Woke now seems to be the catch all term for describing things that aren't the same as when you were young and can't handle moderate social change. People who use these culture war tropes are triggered by the mearest thing and probably need psychiatric help.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Catching up on the thread and somewhat shocked to see objecting to flashing is now "woke". 

Woke now seems to be the catch all term for describing things that aren't the same as when you were young and can't handle moderate social change. People who use these culture war tropes are triggered by the mearest thing and probably need psychiatric help.

Virtue signalling, dont forget the virtue signalling.......................

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

The worst part is the idea that, suddenly, you can't do this stuff but you could before. Sadowitz has had been "cancelled" umpteen times since the 80s. 

Nothing against the folk making complaints BTW, they're right to do so if they want to, it's The Pleasance who ballsed up by booking him to play. They musta known what he was like. 

22 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am 54 mate, I dont even know what a virtue signal is............................

However I know a stalking wierdo when I see one - 

It's when you indicate right, but turn left.

Here's Stewart Lee's short preview of Jerry Sadozitz's show (from before all the fuss)..

Sadowitz's schtick made conceptual sense when we all lived in a supposed liberal consensus, but now we are in the foothills of Phil MacIntyre-promoted fascism-lite will it read differently? He is one of the great stand-ups but we are in a different world to the one that gave us the classic '80s opening line, "Nelson Mandela! What a c**t!" I wish I could see it nonetheless, but he won't let me. The Gilles de Rais of comedy/magic.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/fringe/2022/features/stewart-lee-edinburgh-tips/

37 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Asking for someone to stop red dotting your posts will 100% work and not result in even more red dots.

Leith Green didn't do that, though. He just highlighted that Oaksoft was red dotting all his posts. So his comment was alerting others that we're dealing with a knobhead rather than asking that knobhead to stop his knobhead behaviour.

32 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Asking for someone to stop red dotting your posts will 100% work and not result in even more red dots.

You have missed the point of my post entirely.

I couldnt really care about his dotting, I just wanted to try and flush out his absurd rationale, which it did...................beautifully

Chefs Kiss Yummy In My Tummy GIF by Nick Jonas

4 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

What is "a smoker" ? It's a term my bro in law has used. Now assume he likes oiled up stripper wrestling.

It's an outdated Scots term for something akin to a Stag party.

Judging by the frequency and regularity with which my old man used to disappear off to them on Friday and Saturday nights in the 70's and 80's, he either knew every single unmarried bloke in Dundee and surrounds, hated my maw far more than he ever let on, or had a side-number going as some sort of drag stripper act. Actually, there's an element of truth to that last part, but in reality he was just a raging pisshead who never missed any excuse to go and get blootered in the boozer.

26 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Summoning a certain poster to detach his cranium. Is the VirtueSignal the new SuprasHorn? 

horn-gondor.gif

Wonder if Sean Bean skips through his script to the part where he dies.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I read something from him recently about intimacy scenes and saying someone was "up for anything".

Has he been cancelled now? I did think it had potential when I read it tbf.