WoSFL Premier Division thread

On 01/12/2023 at 23:43, not man of the match said:

Darvel are the best side I’ve seen this season, though Benburb blew us away on day one.

We’ve lost two in fifteen, think we’d lost 5 or 6 at the same stage last season. Both losses to Benburb. 

I’d say that’s fairly consistent.

Last season after game 15 ( on 11th Feb no less ) our record was 9 0 6 ... we were 5th. Beith had played 18 - 13 2 3 ... so in a pretty decent position with lots of teams falling behind in games. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Beith sell Rossiter to Johnstone Burgh and seemingly looking to offload McGlinchey. Thats not going to do a title challenge any good you'dve thought. Decent players. 

Utter nonsense regarding Conner McGlinchey.

With regards Blair leaving then it is hardly the fault of Beith that certain clubs are willing to offer players at our level rediculous deals that turn their heads.

Stick to worrying about the Bankies as Beith will be just fine with regards being in the running for another league flag.

Blair has left for the dough pure and simple never mind the  wee cute paragraphs pictured beside mckim on Johnstone burgh pages   .

He won't be the first or last to do so and the money at our level is quite obscene and that's just the way that the game has went. 

59 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Blair has left for the dough pure and simple never mind the  wee cute paragraphs pictured beside mckim on Johnstone burgh pages   .

He won't be the first or last to do so and the money at our level is quite obscene and that's just the way that the game has went. 

Amazing how a player is vilified for doing what 99% of people do in their every day life. How did the top clubs get their players from so called smaller clubs, the badge, the shirt or better money? 

9 minutes ago, Mine Man said:

Amazing how a player is vilified for doing what 99% of people do in their every day life. How did the top clubs get their players from so called smaller clubs, the badge, the shirt or better money? 

You make good sense there but these things seldom work out well .  

These clubs come and go but the beith juniors and talbot's and others who keep it sustainable tend to remain. 

1 hour ago, Lynchmob11 said:

Utter nonsense regarding Conner McGlinchey.

With regards Blair leaving then it is hardly the fault of Beith that certain clubs are willing to offer players at our level rediculous deals that turn their heads.

Stick to worrying about the Bankies as Beith will be just fine with regards being in the running for another league flag.

Righto. 

48 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

You knew your intent exactly....

Yes indeed. My intent was to imply that the loss of a very good player and the speculated transfer of another would be a blow to Beith's title chances. All of that on a discussion forum on a thread of the league that said team are in. Yer mate's taken umbrage at McGlinchey rumour - fair enough - he's a good player and would indeed be a loss id suggest. I'm not sure what YOU think my intent was but my thoughts are that Beith are still favourites to retain their title esp if any monies received for Rossiter are pumped into strengthening the team. 

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Yes indeed. My intent was to imply that the loss of a very good player and the speculated transfer of another would be a blow to Beith's title chances. All of that on a discussion forum on a thread of the league that said team are in. Yer mate's taken umbrage at McGlinchey rumour - fair enough - he's a good player and would indeed be a loss id suggest. I'm not sure what YOU think my intent was but my thoughts are that Beith are still favourites to retain their title esp if any monies received for Rossiter are pumped into strengthening the team. 

Did you not get the memo that the only team you can comment on is your own?

This must be the only section of the forum that has people that actually think that. 

36 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Did you not get the memo that the only team you can comment on is your own?

This must be the only section of the forum that has people that actually think that. 

I suspect not everyone thinks that.  I'm not even being particularly horrid 

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.7c05b959033f40ab475ad3d1769e10ef.png

image.png.399e7540a872141637f3c63fc24e48a7.png

Got what we deserved today which was nothing. For 75 minutes we didn't even look like troubling the Cumnock goal and then out of nowhere 2 in 5 minutes and we were level. After that only looked like 1 winner and we missed 3 great chances and some good defending kept it level only for Cumnock to score with almost the last kick to win it.

We can't continue to play in fits and starts and not put together a full 90 or at least 80 if we want to stay up.