WoSFL Premier Division thread

4 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Can't believe the 10 men then  9 men cumnock blew the late penalty chance to beat the champions elect who in all fairness can only throw the title away from their position of strength .

I'm totally lost, its defiantly not theirs to throw away, in facts its other teams league to throw away, so haven't got a clue what you are on about

If St Cadocs win their games in hand which they are capable of then they go one point ahead of Clydebank

and if Beith win their games n hand which they are capable of then they go a cpl of points ahead of St Cadocs, so to me the league is wide open  🤐

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm totally lost, its defiantly not theirs to throw away, in facts its other teams league to throw away, so haven't got a clue what you are on about

If St Cadocs win their games in hand which they are capable of then they go one point ahead of Clydebank

and if Beith win their games n hand which they are capable of then they go a cpl of points ahead of St Cadocs, so to me the league is wide open  🤐

It’s a very tasty contest-that’s for sure.Clydebank have put themselves into a very strong position but a good bit to go yet.We come up against them on Saturday but it’s one of many important games to be played yet.I hope Lok will compete knowing our inconsistencies this season!

Champions elect, if you listen to Mark Bamford, barely scrapped a point against Cumnock, if the teams with games in hand (us included) win their games in hand the bankies are down to 4th. Judging by the league winning celebrations when I was at their game v Talbot last weekend. Said last week he is the biggest embarrassment at our level and for him to be running the league as well is a sad state of affairs, that said Colin Boyd is there as his assistant despite not having a club?

9 men and going by reports should never of being sending offs for cumnock and still the bottle merchants only hung on for a point. No doubt more money being thrown at new players this week as the desperation kicks in for promotion. 

Long way to go in the season however it is going to be interesting both at the top and at the bottom. As far as I am concerned medda unfortunately are down already, just don't see them having enough to keep them up. Glens have picked up a few good points recently so have given themselves hope. 

10 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Champions elect, if you listen to Mark Bamford, barely scrapped a point against Cumnock, if the teams with games in hand (us included) win their games in hand the bankies are down to 4th. Judging by the league winning celebrations when I was at their game v Talbot last weekend. Said last week he is the biggest embarrassment at our level and for him to be running the league as well is a sad state of affairs, that said Colin Boyd is there as his assistant despite not having a club?

9 men and going by reports should never of being sending offs for cumnock and still the bottle merchants only hung on for a point. No doubt more money being thrown at new players this week as the desperation kicks in for promotion. 

Long way to go in the season however it is going to be interesting both at the top and at the bottom. As far as I am concerned medda unfortunately are down already, just don't see them having enough to keep them up. Glens have picked up a few good points recently so have given themselves hope. 

It's a shame for you. At least get the fella's name correct. Regardless of what we do, two of the clubs behind us play each other next week so something will always give elsewhere.

FWIW - the second sending off was extremely harsh and came in the 93rd minute so was never going to have any impact on the game. I believe we've bid for three players ahead of Saturday's game, £20k and £500 a week each while work on our 500 seater stand begins on Monday 29th ahead of our impending promotion to League 2.

With any luck, you might lose your password again because you are incredibly boring and full of shite.

3 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

It's a shame for you. At least get the fella's name correct. Regardless of what we do, two of the clubs behind us play each other next week so something will always give elsewhere.

FWIW - the second sending off was extremely harsh and came in the 93rd minute so was never going to have any impact on the game. I believe we've bid for three players ahead of Saturday's game, £20k and £500 a week each while work on our 500 seater stand begins on Monday 29th ahead of our impending promotion to League 2.

With any luck, you might lose your password again because you are incredibly boring and full of shite.

Don't take the huff, you won the league last weekend... If the Bankies don't get promoted this year is it a failure?

Is it a case of go up or go under?

Who you going to buy your name off this time, they might not be as forthcoming as Airdrie when they bought over the old Clydebank and insist they keep the name and badge.

None of the reds were reds, never a oenalty either right enough. 

1 hour ago, not man of the match said:

I think he/she is great.

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Don't take the huff, you won the league last weekend... If the Bankies don't get promoted this year is it a failure?

Who you going to buy your name off this time, they might not be as forthcoming as Airdrie when they bought over the old Clydebank and insist they keep the name and badge.

There's no huff, we've had decades of winning nothing - it makes no difference. It's nice to win things, of course it is. It will never be the be all for a club like Clydebank though. If a club is going under then it is going under - promotion to the LL isn't going to save any club in the world, that's a silly suggestion. We spend what we bring in, we can't afford to spend beyond that. There is no benefactor supporting the club. The yearly accounts show that and the 600+ owners are happy with how the club is run. AGM after AGM passes without incident. We'll be here for a long time to come.

We've never had to buy our name, the UCS Trust own it. Why would anyone want to buy Clydebank at present that we would even need to consider buying our name back from them? That's a crazy suggestion.

Didn't have a decent view on the first red so not going to pass comment on it and already said the second was harsh. Cumnock deserved their lead, they bullied us in the first half. Second half, I thought we upped our game and were worth a point. It's very disappointing not to have taken the lead against ten men and indeed the penalty could have won it. Teams have struggled against ten men for decades, it's not really a big deal.

38 minutes ago, Good and Bad said:

Can I ask what is the capacity of Holm Park?  

Who has the biggest capacity of interest, I am sure Pollok increased to 3000ish, Talbot about 3500ish, unsure what medda is, i would think they are up around Pollok/Talbot sort of number.  I am sure our capacity was a temporary one of 3000 as we had to build temp stand etc...unsure what it is without temp measure in place. 

12 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

hahaha .... what a fanny 😄

I miss getting updated odds weekly on each leagues winners. I think currently any of the top 4 can have a case for being the favourites with Beith being slight favourites over Clydebank with Darvel and St Cadocs not far behind. Also Hurlford, Pollok / Talbot being outsiders that have starting 11 that could go on a run and will take points off top 4 and could go on runs themselves.

11 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

If teams pick up points in exactly the way they have up to now final places will be;

1. Beith - 67 points

2. Bankies - 63 points

3. St. Cadoc’s - 60 points

4. Darvel - 58 points 

Does that take into account playing against each other ?9