WoSFL Premier Division thread

6 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Does that take into account playing against each other ?9

No just a very simple points gained divided by games played but I suppose it takes into account games already played against each other. Some massive games coming up for all involved. It’s a very exciting league, though looking at the First Divisin table it has the potential to become even more congested at the top.

39 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s a great competitive league and as good as any in Scotland.We won’t win the league but are probably able to cause mischief if we are on form!If not we will get a few gubbings.

Yourselves and Talbot will have a big say 

24 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Yourselves and Talbot will have a big say 

I hope we get to absolutely scunner someone (Darvel for example) in a last day decider. I'm picturing as some deliveroo guy and his bike sitting in McDonald's at the Q8 roundabout waiting for word of where to deliver the trophy. 

8 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I hope we get to absolutely scunner someone (Darvel for example) in a last day decider. I'm picturing as some deliveroo guy and his bike sitting in McDonald's at the Q8 roundabout waiting for word of where to deliver the trophy. 

😄

What is the best grounds in the league? Trying not to be biased 

My list in order

1 - Beechwood

2 - Newlands

3 - Medda Park 

4- Portland Park

5 - Recreation

6 - Bellsdale (would be higher if slope was decreased)

7 - Blair Park

8 - Barrfields 

9 - Townhead

10 - Loch Park

11 - Dunterlie Park

12 - Holm Park

13 -Guy's Meadow

14 - MTC Park 

15 - New Tinto

51 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

What is the best grounds in the league? Trying not to be biased 

My list in order

1 - Beechwood

2 - Newlands

3 - Medda Park 

4- Portland Park

5 - Recreation

6 - Bellsdale (would be higher if slope was decreased)

7 - Blair Park

8 - Barrfields 

9 - Townhead

10 - Loch Park

11 - Dunterlie Park

12 - Holm Park

13 -Guy's Meadow

14 - MTC Park 

15 - New Tinto

For me it would have to be:

1/2: Medda and Beechwood - both great grounds with a classic feel and a mix of uncovered and covered standing as well as seating. And decent social clubs. Can’t decide between the two.

3: Townhead. Another classic, good cover and terracing and same as above re social club.

4: Newlandsfield. Probably the best in the west outside of Ayrshire.

5: could easily be a number of grounds so in no particular order I’ll mention Barrfields, Dunterlie and Holm Park - all very decent grounds.

Additional honorable mentions for Glenafton, Troon and Beith - all good places to watch football too. The work at Darvel in recent seasons has been excellent as well compared to what it was. 

To be honest, I think we have a really decent set of grounds at the moment. While a number certainly have seen better days or need a bit of work done, for the most part the current premier grounds are in a decent enough state, and a decent place to watch football. Seems like clubs have really cracked on in recent years with sorting out their gaff. Even the only actual cage in the league - MTC, is better than a number of similar grounds, at least there is an effort.

Excellent choices, i just love the old covered ends, proper stands and olde open terrace. Always look at how they can be improved without looking stupid. Should be a good title race, hope to see a few in March - my last visit of 2023/24. Could anyone come with a late run ?

1 hour ago, Darwizzy said:

For me it would have to be:

1/2: Medda and Beechwood - both great grounds with a classic feel and a mix of uncovered and covered standing as well as seating. And decent social clubs. Can’t decide between the two.

3: Townhead. Another classic, good cover and terracing and same as above re social club.

4: Newlandsfield. Probably the best in the west outside of Ayrshire.

5: could easily be a number of grounds so in no particular order I’ll mention Barrfields, Dunterlie and Holm Park - all very decent grounds.

Additional honorable mentions for Glenafton, Troon and Beith - all good places to watch football too. The work at Darvel in recent seasons has been excellent as well compared to what it was. 

To be honest, I think we have a really decent set of grounds at the moment. While a number certainly have seen better days or need a bit of work done, for the most part the current premier grounds are in a decent enough state, and a decent place to watch football. Seems like clubs have really cracked on in recent years with sorting out their gaff. Even the only actual cage in the league - MTC, is better than a number of similar grounds, at least there is an effort.

Townhead falls down due to pitch, also a lot of maintainace lacking in recent years. Use to love townhead

25 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Given bottom place in Lowland League is either going to be Edinburgh Uni or Gretna, it's extremely unlikely 4 will go down even if our champions dont go up. 

Its just because its done with night mode that makes it harder to tell the distincton made with the bottom 4.

image.png.776db7c0d299946e321bc5298eb8cc99.png

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Broxburn will be very hard for any of the challengers to beat.

They absolutely pulled our pants down in the SOS. I'm certain that the lethargy of our performance that day allowed them to look better than they actually were but I still think they'll be hard to beat in a one off. 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Have to say Medda look like a lost cause if that second half yesterday is normal for them. There are a couple of teams I'd rather see take the drop than them. 

I was more surprised we actually scored a goal yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

How does relegation from WoS Prem work if Clydebank (say) got promoted and Gretna got relegated to SOS? How does the league fill the space - less relegation or more promotion?

4 teams go up from every division in West if West Premier team wins the play off.