WoSFL Premier Division thread

12 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Do you think this should also apply to SPFL clubs such as Stirling Albion and Spartans?

Yes. 

I think it needs to be introduced teams cant participate from West Prem/East Prem up if they do not have their own grounds. 

It is a shambles teams being allowed to groundshare, in particular ones that are throwing stupid money on players however not forking out for full time ground staff etc...

6 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Yes. 

I think it needs to be introduced teams cant participate from West Prem/East Prem up if they do not have their own grounds. 

It is a shambles teams being allowed to groundshare, in particular ones that are throwing stupid money on players however not forking out for full time ground staff etc...

Scotland for a start already has too many grounds for a country of its size. There is absolutely zero need for every one of the hundreds of clubs tier six and above to have a ground of their own if it’s feasible and workable to do so. Thus clubs that can will and benefit from it to some degree.

It does not make it unfair that other teams can’t do the same - there is absolutely nothing stopping them doing so. What you’re complaining about is like saying it’s no fair that your heating bill isn’t reduced because you don’t have curtains up.

Edited by Darwizzy

34 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The only new rule should be that if you want to still play in the Junior Cup then you should all set up the West Region of the Juniors and f*** off.

That's non league football's premier cup competition you're disrespecting. 

I'll put this down to some form of brain problems at your end and say no more about it.

Edited by Shanner

31 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The only new rule should be that if you want to still play in the Junior Cup then you should all set up the West Region of the Juniors and f*** off.

So the competition with by far the biggest prize pot shouldn't be allowed, why does the west of scotland not match the £20k winning cheque for the west of scotland cup likewise the south challenge cup? 

The overwhelming majoirty of teams are in favour of playing the the junior cup. Other than Clydebank in the premier league who we all know the competition is below their board of directors, I think the rest are all involved? May be others however can't think off the top of my head. 

If there is a cup to be done away with it is the South Challenge, lot of expense very little recovery. 

3 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

So the competition with by far the biggest prize pot shouldn't be allowed, why does the west of scotland not match the £20k winning cheque for the west of scotland cup likewise the south challenge cup? 

The overwhelming majoirty of teams are in favour of playing the the junior cup. Other than Clydebank in the premier league who we all know the competition is below their board of directors, I think the rest are all involved? May be others however can't think off the top of my head. 

If there is a cup to be done away with it is the South Challenge, lot of expense very little recovery. 

You don’t  like playing teams from the East then?

Hardly “Scottish” with half the country missing 😂

Edited by Vanderbilt

57 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

3 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

This is why I've always loved and respected you Barbers 

Edited by Shanner

10 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Actually paying prize money these days, or still hoping the gate covers the guarantee? 

53 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

The prize pot and £20k gets banded about a lot but let’s forget the vast majority of teams who get away draws and gets put out in early rounds don’t make any sort of money, if anything it costs them. 

A non-league national trophy would be great, perhaps playing for the Junior Cup trophy but it needs taken on by a impartial group of people who can modernise the competition and make it feasible for all clubs, bring in sponsorship and perhaps some sort of broadcast deal perhaps even via Youtube which will get more eyes on our level.

however I think both sides of the debate are too stubborn to even try and get something like that working!

17 minutes ago, ibenji said:

The prize pot and £20k gets banded about a lot but let’s forget the vast majority of teams who get away draws and gets put out in early rounds don’t make any sort of money, if anything it costs them. 

A non-league national trophy would be great, perhaps playing for the Junior Cup trophy but it needs taken on by a impartial group of people who can modernise the competition and make it feasible for all clubs, bring in sponsorship and perhaps some sort of broadcast deal perhaps even via Youtube which will get more eyes on our level.

however I think both sides of the debate are too stubborn to even try and get something like that working!

Your last point there isn't true. As a Talbot fan, I love the SJC and will always get a little aroused when I see what IMO is one of the best looking trophies in world football. So playing an all-in non league national cup competition for this actual trophy sounds ace.

However picking up on your first point, in it's current form it is a voluntary competition so hell mend any club who enters and gets an unwanted away draw. You've got to be in it to win it and it seems a lot of clubs actually want to do just that...regardless of what those young arty farty new age types say!

Mon the SJC!

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Your last point there isn't true. As a Talbot fan, I love the SJC and will always get a little aroused when I see what IMO is one of the best looking trophies in world football. So playing an all-in non league national cup competition for this actual trophy sounds ace.

However picking up on your first point, in it's current form it is a voluntary competition so hell mend any club who enters and gets an unwanted away draw. You've got to be in it to win it and it seems a lot of clubs actually want to do just that...regardless of what those young arty farty new age types say!

Mon the SJC!

A wee photo for you keep you “a little aroused” ?

IMG_0295.jpeg

Edited by Good and Bad

6 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I was told I was making up the story about John Gall leaving Darvel,  statement today from club confirms I have said for weeks. 

Are you really in here gloating about breaking a story every man and their dog anywhere  Darvel has known for weeks ?   

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Mon the SJC!

I loved the Junior cup, but just haven't had the same feeling about it since the old East Region clubs left. We have made the Quarters this year and there isn't the same buzz around getting there than there has been in the past.

I know that Bellshill have a real buzz around themselves and fair play to them but I just don't have the same feeling I had for it in the 80s/90s/00s/10s. Maybe I'm getting old :) 

13 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Something you don't support, financial fairness, look at the mess the club Airdrie Utd took over that were once called Clydebank. 

Why would you be against teams needing to have their own grounds? At present there is no limit to how many teams can use the one ground. I know approx. costs to maintain our pitch per year, Clydebank using council facilities which they share with Yoker have no such expense. 

You have no clue of our expenses.

You don’t even have a clue on your ‘own’ clubs expenses.

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Mon the SJC!

Aye sure the fans would like it, but the issue is more to do with ‘the blazers’ of the clubs and leagues across this level of Scotland and their stubbornness. 

of course clubs want to be in it, but it doesn’t stop them moaning when they have to go to the arse end of Scotland to beat and they get their limited expenses that’s barely cover the fuel for the bus never mind the actual bus itself!

it really needs a  freshen up but just don’t see anyone being big enough to start to a serious conversation

22 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

22 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Actually paying prize money these days, or still hoping the gate covers the guarantee? 

The Junior Cup does not have prize money, the clubs get paid from the gate money with the SJFA guaranteeing a certain amount each round - £2k for the upcoming quarter-finals for example, meaning if there's a big enough crowd the SJFA aren't paying out any money. (unsure if that table in the rules means both clubs or only the losers in each round get the money listed?)

Also 24/80 WOSFL clubs do not take part in the Junior Cup btw.

21 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Voluntary except for the East and North Region clubs of course. Am I a young arty farty new age type for thinking that the SJFA should be doing more to help smaller clubs with travel expenses rather than guaranteeing so much "prize money" in the latter stages?

17 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I loved the Junior cup, but just haven't had the same feeling about it since the old East Region clubs left. We have made the Quarters this year and there isn't the same buzz around getting there than there has been in the past.

Well at this stage it's basically a WOS Cup, with only 1 non-WOS team in the quarters in the last five tournaments, compared to usually 3 before the East teams left.