WoSFL Premier Division thread

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm curious - you show one potential extra relegation place in your graphic of the Premier Division, but you don't show it in your graphics of the First, Second and Third Divisions, is there any reason why not ? There are actually technically still two extra relegation places in all of the leagues down to the Third Division. Also, you don't show the potential extra promotion places in the First, Second, Third and Fourth Divisions.

Is it not just a cut and paste job from Wikipedia? 

8 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Would love to be in bankies position just now to be honest as points In the bag are totally huge in My experience and it's totally their league to win.

U have mentioned this a few times. Do u do alot of fishing???

Mon the papers

Points in the bag is one thing and to be honest that keeps Clydebank favourites for me. Against 10 men Beith I think that emphasis that Clydebank aren't as strong as they thought. Talbot who had a shocker of a start and are comfortably the youngest and least experienced side in the league can go 3 points off them should they win their games in hand. 

I think our statement this week regarding JG position at the club had a massive effect on the team, we wait to see If we can pick ourselves back up or if its a downward spiral for the rest of the season. 

I had posted a few weeks ago Maxi or Murdi for next to be sacked. Maxi now odds on favourite, Pollok having issued an appeal for £200 per fan spells trouble as well,

8 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Points in the bag is one thing and to be honest that keeps Clydebank favourites for me. Against 10 men Beith I think that emphasis that Clydebank aren't as strong as they thought. Talbot who had a shocker of a start and are comfortably the youngest and least experienced side in the league can go 3 points off them should they win their games in hand. 

I think our statement this week regarding JG position at the club had a massive effect on the team, we wait to see If we can pick ourselves back up or if its a downward spiral for the rest of the season. 

I had posted a few weeks ago Maxi or Murdi for next to be sacked. Maxi now odds on favourite, Pollok having issued an appeal for £200 per fan spells trouble as well,

Oh Pollok gossip now. Let us all sit around your feet while you tell us more.

23 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Oh Pollok gossip now. Let us all sit around your feet while you tell us more.

Its not Pollok gossip its the truth.

EGM on Wednesday 

Begging bowl out to fans

Players not been paid for weeks

Transfer fees not been paid

Buses not been paid for months

Be interesting to see if they see the season out.

Well done Beith. Wasnt at the game ( dont make many Saturday games at the moment ) but most of the guys that were there say it was deserved - Beith took their chances etc. There will be many ups and downs and surprises before the season is out. Talbot, Cumnock, Pollok, Gartcairn, Bens and Hurlford are probably too far away to win it but you never know ... and the top 4 have still to play mostly everyone. I think yesterday puts odds back in favour of Beith. Troon, Pollok, Largs and Arthurlie still to play against all of top 4 and could be the Kingmakers ? It's a brilliant season in a great, competitive league. 

Bankies 10 games left ( 5 home 5 away ) 41 points 

Home: Gartcairn, Troon, St Cadocs, Largs, Arthurlie  Away : St Cadocs, Darvel, Pollok, Troon, Hurlford 

Beith 15 games left. ( 8 home, 7 away ) 32 points

Home: Arthurlie, Bens, Darvel, Gartcairn, Glenafton, Pollok, st cadocs, troon Away:v Arthurlie, Talbot, Glenafton, Hurlford, Rob Roy, Largs, Troon

St Cadocs 13 games left  ( 6 home, 7 away ) 31 points 

Home: Talbot, Bankies, Darvel, Meadow, Largs, Troon  Away : Arthurlie, Beith, Bankies, Glenafton, Hurlford, Pollok, Troon 

Darvel 14 Games ( 7 home, 7 away ) left 30 points 

Home Arthurlie, Talbot, Bankies, Gartcairn, Meadow, Largs, Pollok, Away : Beith, Cumnock, Glenafton, Rob Roy, Pollok, St Cadocs, Troon 

On 02/02/2024 at 21:22, energyzone said:

Fortunately the new pitch is a rectangle and good viewing points can be found not just behind the goals...

What? Not circular like most "soccer" grounds?

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Its not Pollok gossip its the truth.

EGM on Wednesday 

Begging bowl out to fans

Players not been paid for weeks

Transfer fees not been paid

Buses not been paid for months

Be interesting to see if they see the season out.

I'm shocked to see pollok have reached this Level with their fan base and how their miserly committee conduct themselves with transfer fees and such like  . They would put a few extra zeros on any players heads that you would wish to buy and it's strange why they seem to have been sucked into potential financial ruin.

I get there are some folks just looking to troll or rub it in, but ive lived with losing my team and although id find it funny if it was the old firm, i take no enjoyment from real football fans living with the threat of losing their team. Albeit my own team wasnt lost for financial reasons it still felt shite and wouldnt be on gloating here if the same happened to Pollok. Hope they sort it out and get back competing because tbh its as close to a local rivalry as we have. 

54 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I'm shocked to see pollok have reached this Level with their fan base and how their miserly committee conduct themselves with transfer fees and such like  . They would put a few extra zeros on any players heads that you would wish to buy and it's strange why they seem to have been sucked into potential financial ruin.

Pollok have tapped up our last two captains - I get that happens - but still either unpaid or it took a very very long time to pay apparently with Meadow having to repeatedly chase for the agreed fees. 

I do wonder if they are paying the tax man...

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Pollok have tapped up our last two captains - I get that happens - but still either unpaid or it took a very very long time to pay apparently with Meadow having to repeatedly chase for the agreed fees. 

Supposedly owe Meadow 5k for Kyle Faulds.

Edinburgh City just got deduced 6 points for not paying their players on time I do wonder if same thing will happen to Pollok? Do the same rules now apply now we are in the pyramid?

They could probably take a 10 - 15 point deduction and be away from relegation zone at end of the season to be honest.

4 minutes ago, the southside brazillians said:

4 home games in 14 weeks would stretch any clubs finances. Maybe we should come on here and moan about it and get some help from the fixture guy. Wouldn’t hold my breath with him though

There was also 3 away cup ties in that time which are split gates (though one was a trip to Brora). Two home games either side of new year being postponed won't have helped.

10 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Edinburgh City just got deduced 6 points for not paying their players on time I do wonder if same thing will happen to Pollok? Do the same rules now apply now we are in the pyramid?

They could probably take a 10 - 15 point deduction and be away from relegation zone at end of the season to be honest.

This is the finance section of the constitution

image.png.ddb1d7d95ae3287f10eb8c02e35766c9.png

image.png.f483199dc5f2583e943cef84105ead38.png

From the membership section of the constitution

image.png.9151c35f09760c406bc8c342a904431b.png

image.png

56 minutes ago, Shannon said:

They're the most arrogant club ever when it comes to cash and their regards to other clubs   , here's hoping the arrogance has finally caught up with them and the detestable maxi gets the sack .

5 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Downward spiral ,please please please

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I get there are some folks just looking to troll or rub it in, but ive lived with losing my team and although id find it funny if it was the old firm, i take no enjoyment from real football fans living with the threat of losing their team. Albeit my own team wasnt lost for financial reasons it still felt shite and wouldnt be on gloating here if the same happened to Pollok. Hope they sort it out and get back competing because tbh its as close to a local rivalry as we have. 

Are old firm fans not ' real fans '?

I really don't care too much for either of them but surely if they put their hands in their pockets they're ' real fans' ???

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Are old firm fans not ' real fans '?

I really don't care too much for either of them but surely if they put their hands in their pockets they're ' real fans' ???

Many of them just turn up from all over Scotland ignoring their own local sides because it’s easy to “support” a team which wins 99% of its games against vastly poorer resourced opponents .And then they go home to their towns and villages dozens of miles from Glasgow and feel good.But have never enjoyed the ups and downs and the investment of following their own local team.And that’s why we love it.Lok have some issues arising from various factors at the moment but all Lok fans will I am sure rise up and meet the challenge because we love our own local club and are proud to follow it.

Edited by Lokloyal