WoSFL Premier Division thread

53 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

How can u retain something u haven't won where has u say Talbot to somehow manage to beat us erm darvel 0 scottish cup Talbot 14 I think my money would be on Talbot has for ur rubbish u spout on here go and get a life cause darvel will not win the scottish write Talbot off if u want people have done for years ie against pollok 86 against the glenafton 92 oh guess what we won so put that pipe up ur backend and smoke it 

Why do talbot fans have this underdog/everyone hates us/we’re always written off mentality when they’ve been the strongest team at our level this century, as well as one of the best supported. It’s not 1992 or 1986 now and nobody’s writing anyone off.

of all the nonsense the guy you’re replying to has spouted on here this is a strange one to go off on.

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I personally don't think you have a chance over two legs, I wanted you in the semis. Final different one off game, without a doubt the favourites would be Talbot however in the semis well be far too much for you over two legs. 

Bookmarked 🙂

5 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I personally don't think you have a chance over two legs, I wanted you in the semis. Final different one off game, without a doubt the favourites would be Talbot however in the semis well be far too much for you over two legs. 

What if Talbot treat both legs as 'one off games' ?

11 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

How many 2 leg scottish cup semi finals have u been in oh hold on none how many have we been in and won more than u  but yet again u think u will win it's fine like I said before we will take the underdog tag cause it's darvel but history is on our side just make sure u lot turn up for a big game cause for talbot it won't be the last but for ur lot it could well be depends what goes on behind the scenes u might never get a chance to beat talbot or even a smaller club like Aberdeen again 😉 😜 😄 

On 15/02/2024 at 08:46, rhubarb1974 said:

With Clydebank miles ahead on games to their rivals for the league, do you view this as a help or hindering them on winning the league. 

Out all cups so they are solely focused on league

Rent free

Mon the papers

Actually looking forward to today's match, these are the games where you are tested, and although we are not the finished article Tucker and Alan have slowly put together a young squad who are all desperate to show their talent. With relatively no chance of winning the league it would be good to see some players getting a chance to prove themselves like Abed, Schoneville and Urquhart.

On 15/02/2024 at 11:01, BANKIEBILL said:

Interesting weekend in West Premier with 1st and 2nd not playing. 

Clash of the day at New Tinto St Cadocs v Darvel - and you've got to say that the winner of this keeps themselves in the mix - loser starts to look less likely. A draw suits neither so hopefully thats what happens. 

Last chance saloon for Pollok .. and Arthurlie desperate for a win. See what Pollok turns up - but again a draw wouldn't be out the question - killing off Pollok's chances you'd think. 

Talbot on a great run and up against Benburb. You just dont know what Bens will turn up but with Talbot only losing once this year - and scoring for fun then they must be favourites. Keeping the pressure on at the top. 

Gartcairn v Troon - Home side with cash to burn it seems and strengthening at will - up against Troon who have a bit of form. Gartcairn need to win to have any chance of title ( next season will be their push I think though ) and I think they'll get it. 

Hurlford v Glenafton - Ford at home are impressive - unbeaten since October. Glenafton lost last 3. Think points are staying at Blair Park and the visitors in deeper trouble ( albeit with a few games in hand )

Kirky v Beith - Beith have only won 1 from last 4 ( against the leaders ) and Rob Roy unbeaten this year. However the game is huge for Beith. If they can keep 11 on the park then think they'll take full points. Tricky one though. 

Largs v Irvine Meadow - Home side have been up and down but have had some big results. Meadow won last time out against Pollok but that was their only league win since Sept. Cant see anything other than a home win to put Largs safe I think. 

So my predictions 

St Cadocs 1 Darvel 1

Arthurlie 2 Pollok 2

Talbot 3 Bens 1

Gartcairn 2 Troon 1

Hurlford 3 Glenafton 0

Kirky 1 Beith 2

Largs 2 Meadow 0

ie a great day for Beith 

Not too bad. Hurlford WERE 3 nil up and Troon equalised at the death

Relegation Battle 

Who realistically are safe? I would go as far to say Bens are not home and dry yet, great start to the season, really fell away. Might just have enough points on the board to scrape through. 

I would put Hurlford, Pollok and Largs all as safe. 

For me IM, KRR, Glens, Troon, Arthurlie and Bens all at risk. 

Glens are improving under Caddis, just not sure if he has quite enough time to save them, seems to be going a good job and great result at weekend. 

Personally I wouldn't like to see Glens or IM going down. My main gripe with KRR is the ground sharing at Cumbernauld other than that decent club. Bens, I personally would like one less game at New Tinto so they would be my choice to go down, I have went on before how bad of set up they have at home. Troon/Arthurlie not fused either way, would rather Troon stay up that Arthurlie purely as I quite like a trip to Troon nothing against Arthurlie. 

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Relegation Battle 

Who realistically are safe? I would go as far to say Bens are not home and dry yet, great start to the season, really fell away. Might just have enough points on the board to scrape through. 

I would put Hurlford, Pollok and Largs all as safe. 

For me IM, KRR, Glens, Troon, Arthurlie and Bens all at risk. 

Glens are improving under Caddis, just not sure if he has quite enough time to save them, seems to be going a good job and great result at weekend. 

Personally I wouldn't like to see Glens or IM going down. My main gripe with KRR is the ground sharing at Cumbernauld other than that decent club. Bens, I personally would like one less game at New Tinto so they would be my choice to go down, I have went on before how bad of set up they have at home. Troon/Arthurlie not fused either way, would rather Troon stay up that Arthurlie purely as I quite like a trip to Troon nothing against Arthurlie. 

I wouldn't be worried about visiting the Bens I'd more worried about visiting Irvine Vic's, Muirkirk, Carluke etc in the coming seasons once all the money drys up 👍🏽

How hus Clydebank got another league fixture when the cup games are oan?

Only league in the country where teams huv huge disparities in gemes played. Sense wid be tae keep Clydebank idle this week an let teams catch up. 

Bankies gonnae have a few free weeks at the business end. They’ll be moaning then. There’s nae need the big difference wi midweek options. 

4 hours ago, Ben10 said:

How hus Clydebank got another league fixture when the cup games are oan?

Only league in the country where teams huv huge disparities in gemes played. Sense wid be tae keep Clydebank idle this week an let teams catch up. 

Bankies gonnae have a few free weeks at the business end. They’ll be moaning then. There’s nae need the big difference wi midweek options. 

They were idle last Saturday so difficult to see them being given two weeks without a game, especially in light of what's being given the blame for Pollok's predicament.

Also, according to the graphic above there's no difference in disparity of matches played between the WoSFL, the EoSFL and the SoSL.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Also, according to the graphic above there's no difference in disparity of matches played between the WoSFL, the EoSFL and the SoSL.

In the league yes, but there is a difference as the EOS League Cup is still to be played. Broxburn have a free Saturday soon due to a bye in the first round and then a second round game to come. They also have a midweek EOS Qualifying Cup quarter final at Tranent so possibly a semi or even final as well.

Though Broxburn play Jeanfield in April so they could have the title wrapped up much earlier than the WOS champion...

Edited by Ginaro

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

In the league yes, but there is a difference as the EOS League Cup is still to be played. Broxburn have a free Saturday soon due to a bye in the first round and then a second round game to come. They also have a midweek EOS Qualifying Cup quarter final at Tranent so possibly a semi or even final as well.

Though Broxburn play Jeanfield in April so they could have the title wrapped up much earlier than the WOS champion...

Aye but the point is that our league is not way out of kilter with the other Tier 6 chaps. It's never going to be an exact science at this level with parks being as they are.

6 hours ago, southerner said:

Bankies could play Broxburn in the play off final next free Saturday for both was that not decided a few months ago 😀

My name is Lindsay Hoyle and I have decided that it will be a three way playoff. Apologies for political comment but South of Scotland League are allowed a say in this too.