WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, beith19 said:

We had a relatively poor start as well last year, we were around 9th after the first 7 games and were struggling not having a regular keeper.

Last year's table...

image.png.158dce8c50198713584fd1ee1cd36ea0.png

You were two points off the top. Hardly struggling.

Stop trying to get in other team's "you're doing well considering the start you had" stories! 😉

13 hours ago, Shanner said:

I'd double check the maths -

Beith 72

Talbot 68

Darvel 64

St Cads 65

Clydebank 62 

Pollok 59

13 hours ago, Shanner said:

To add a bit of context to those totals Beith have dropped 18 points in 19 games so there's hope for any team in the chasing pack that can finish the season strongly. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

2 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Thanks bill. Just saw somewhere they are still in the mix if they win their gemes in hawn!! 

probably no though 

Didn't think Talbot would be either but their form is phenomenal 

On 11/03/2024 at 20:14, Shanner said:

Talbot are as professionally ran an outfit as you will ever see at this level. They will turn their attention to ways of blatantly chucking the playoffs when -and only when - the title is in the bag. 

Do the LL have rules to do anything if a team fails to play in the play-offs?

As Talbot are a WOSFL team can they be disciplined by another League?

51 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

If a team refuses to play in the play-offs they risk losing their Scottish FA licence as they sign a commitment to the pyramid as part of their Scottish FA membership.

2 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

That would never happen. Senior teams now dontyouknow.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

If a team refuses to play in the play-offs they risk losing their Scottish FA licence as they sign a commitment to the pyramid as part of their Scottish FA membership.

Thanks for that. I guess they'll have to be more inventive then. Like a stag-do that all the players are away to.

13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The fact there are people seriously wanting their team to throw a playoff game is complete tin pot shite. 

I doubt very much if those that run Talbot would have any truck with that. As much as they can be annoying, they are a professionally run outfit and that's not their style. 

14 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I doubt very much if those that run Talbot would have any truck with that. As much as they can be annoying, they are a professionally run outfit and that's not their style. 

No i dont think the actual people who run the club would either, but the fact that seems to be what fans want is absolutely incredible. Why even join the wosl if you were happy in the juniors? 

30 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The fact there are people seriously wanting their team to throw a playoff game is complete tin pot shite. 

The fact your club since playing at our level have only won a tin pot wee trophy Is tin pot shite 😉

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No i dont think the actual people who run the club would either, but the fact that seems to be what fans want is absolutely incredible. Why even join the wosl if you were happy in the juniors? 

I honestly haven't heard anyone in the Talbot support say they'd want us to chuck it if we found ourselves in the playoff. There are likely a few who wouldn't be all that disappointed if we stayed in this division right enough but I'd expect that sentiment to exist right across most of the traditional ex Juniors in much the same proportion as at Talbot. 

Edited by Shanner