WoSFL Premier Division thread

52 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The fact there are people seriously wanting their team to throw a playoff game is complete tin pot shite. 

Probably because it's a tin pot league they'd be going into.

But the fact that the mention of it gets you lot upset is fine by us.

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

Probably because it's a tin pot league they'd be going into.

But the fact that the mention of it gets you lot upset is fine by us.

Theres nothing more tinpot than playing in a league where clubs have no floodlights and kick off at 1.30 ffs

2 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Theres nothing more tinpot than playing in a league where clubs have no floodlights and kick off at 1.30 ffs

Theres nothing more tinpot than a team claiming another clubs ground as their own.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No i dont think the actual people who run the club would either, but the fact that seems to be what fans want is absolutely incredible. Why even join the wosl if you were happy in the juniors? 

Because we had nowhere else to go.

20 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Trying playing in a league you’ve never won, that’s tinpot to me.  

Not all clubs get council to build them a ground and just pay rent along with other teams that use the facilities 

Not all people own their own house and "just pay rent"

End of the day, bills are usually pretty similar, no?

4 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

I am not sure where the claim that Auchinleck wouldn’t want to get promoted to the Lowland league comes from as I am sure they would go for it given the chance?

Not the people who run Talbot, but fans (however im sure there will be plenty that do fancy going up) on here talking about how they’d want them to throw the play off and the like. Have seen plenty fans from other clubs post about not fancying going up too. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not the people who run Talbot, but fans (however im sure there will be plenty that do fancy going up) on here talking about how they’d want them to throw the play off and the like. Have seen plenty fans from other clubs post about not fancying going up too. 

Can you quote them please? I haven't seen anyone say that, except once by @Shanner which was obviously in jest. 

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Can you quote them please? I haven't seen anyone say that, except once by @Shanner which was obviously in jest. 

If we ever lose a playoff there's a sizable constituency of tinfoil heids that will be more upset than the Talbot support about it. 

Talbot should show ambition and see how high they can climb the pyramid in the event of them winning a play off. 

Absolutely zero point in leaving the Juniors otherwise. Although I do wonder how many clubs now really regret jumping ship. Definitely more than a few who hesitantly took the lemming approach. 

1 minute ago, Size Five said:

Talbot should show ambition and see how high they can climb the pyramid in the event of them winning a play off. 

Absolutely zero point in leaving the Juniors otherwise. Although I do wonder how many clubs now really regret jumping ship. Definitely more than a few who hesitantly took the lemming approach. 

Is there evidence that they aren't ambitious?

15 minutes ago, Size Five said:

How many times does it have to be pointed out that it was Hobson's Choice.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

How many times does it have to be pointed out that it was Hobson's Choice.

It wasn’t really,there was no need for the west region of the juniors to be wound up.

There were only a few clubs who actually wanted to be part of the pyramid and they should’ve been the ones driving up standards in the WoSFL.Instead of that it’s stuck with clubs with no intention of getting licensed and a fixture list that gets cut to pieces by a throwback truncated Junior Cup.

1 league of 16 clubs would’ve been enough.Im actually surprised that there hasn’t been a move to return the West Region of the Juniors.

The North and Midland Juniors are still going after all.

It's disrespectful to say Talbot aren't ambitious and to tar the full club by the comments of a couple of fans (if it was even said).

However, I also agree with Vanderbilt that some clubs should have fought to keep and remain in the West Region Juniors. 

1 hour ago, Vanderbilt said:

It wasn’t really,there was no need for the west region of the juniors to be wound up.

There were only a few clubs who actually wanted to be part of the pyramid and they should’ve been the ones driving up standards in the WoSFL.Instead of that it’s stuck with clubs with no intention of getting licensed and a fixture list that gets cut to pieces by a throwback truncated Junior Cup.

1 league of 16 clubs would’ve been enough.Im actually surprised that there hasn’t been a move to return the West Region of the Juniors.

The North and Midland Juniors are still going after all.

Your club are well ahead with their fixtures so the SJC hasn't got in the way of their progress. They have had their chance this season and look like blowing it.

The one virtue of a pyramid is that the best teams win their leagues and have the chance to progress. (There shouldn't be any play offs for champions but that's another argument).

Be honest, you and your pals are just raging because better teams keep getting in the way of you getting back to where you think you rightfully belong. Just win the league and everything will be ok.

9 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

It's disrespectful to say Talbot aren't ambitious and to tar the full club by the comments of a couple of fans (if it was even said).

However, I also agree with Vanderbilt that some clubs should have fought to keep and remain in the West Region Juniors. 

Which clubs?