WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I am still an advocate for every club should have their own ground, we went without a game last weekend due to ground sharing. ground sharing should be restricted to below west prem, these council type ground such as New Tinto, Gartcairn, Holm Park etc...are soulless places to go.

Obviously 99% of your post is daft. But I'll be the one to call this bit out; I think Holm Park is a very good place to watch football these days. It's the perfect sort of size for the crowds Clydebank get, pitch and facilities are good (especially given HP was a real dive until a few years ago) and there's a generally nice feel around the place with a lot of young fans and families. It's certainly not a soulless cage astro ground give it's got plenty of terracing.

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

St Cadocs, in my opinion wouldn't be a loss to the league as bring no fans, have no ground etc...that said they go about their business quietly and are picking off good results, they won promotion last year. For me St Cadocs are a team more in line with the lowland league, a club run by money, not really representing any community etc...and no real fan base. This is similar to Caledonian Braves, EK etc...

I think it will be an interesting end to the season. 

Clydebank are not a well decorated club, no premier league titles, Scottish Cups etc...yes they beat as weak of Talbot albeit one that is building for seasons to come twice however given the money Clydebank has thrown at the team to win promotion then scraping two one goal victories against Talbot probably tells you more about Clydebank than anything. 

I am still an advocate for every club should have their own ground, we went without a game last weekend due to ground sharing. ground sharing should be restricted to below west prem, these council type ground such as New Tinto, Gartcairn, Holm Park etc...are soulless places to go.

I had a laugh with a committee member at Talbot for eating all the free pies at half time and was shocked to hear that they don't provide pies etc... for opposition committee members and coffees were help yourself. One thing we have got right is how we treat members of other clubs coming doon the brae. I was shocked to hear that the "directors" of Clydebank can't even treat guest right. 

No secret Maxwell has been under pressure for weeks now. When I say secret I mean unofficial meeting with a potential candiate so if they do pull the trigger they have someone to replace him with. 

Hmm interesting. 

Which committee members were involved, who was the candidate and where did they meet? 

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

St Cadocs, in my opinion wouldn't be a loss to the league as bring no fans, have no ground etc...that said they go about their business quietly and are picking off good results, they won promotion last year. For me St Cadocs are a team more in line with the lowland league, a club run by money, not really representing any community etc...and no real fan base. This is similar to Caledonian Braves, EK etc...

I think it will be an interesting end to the season. 

Clydebank are not a well decorated club, no premier league titles, Scottish Cups etc...yes they beat as weak of Talbot albeit one that is building for seasons to come twice however given the money Clydebank has thrown at the team to win promotion then scraping two one goal victories against Talbot probably tells you more about Clydebank than anything. 

I had a laugh with a committee member at Talbot for eating all the free pies at half time and was shocked to hear that they don't provide pies etc... for opposition committee members and coffees were help yourself. One thing we have got right is how we treat members of other clubs coming doon the brae. I was shocked to hear that the "directors" of Clydebank can't even treat guest right. 

No secret Maxwell has been under pressure for weeks now. When I say secret I mean unofficial meeting with a potential candiate so if they do pull the trigger they have someone to replace him with. 

🤡

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Obviously 99% of your post is daft. But I'll be the one to call this bit out; I think Holm Park is a very good place to watch football these days. It's the perfect sort of size for the crowds Clydebank get, pitch and facilities are good (especially given HP was a real dive until a few years ago) and there's a generally nice feel around the place with a lot of young fans and families. It's certainly not a soulless cage astro ground give it's got plenty of terracing.

100%.

I see new improvements every time I visit the place and it's obviously important to Clydebank and Yoker to offer a decent non league experience as a way to maintain and build their support. 

Only Pollok is a better non league day out in the Glasgow area now. 

In our past ~ As a community town club with a small budget have beaten the elite Old Firm. Got successfully to a Scottish cup semi~final v Celtic. Made the top Premier league.  Raised ourselves up from the myre to a Junior semi ~ final and produce legendary footballers. I just hope we give other football teams a bitty hope in this league. Onwards and ⬆️ upwards.

Clydebank are not a well decorated club, no premier league titles, Scottish Cups etc...yes they beat as weak of Talbot albeit one that is building for seasons to come twice however given the money Clydebank has thrown at the team to win promotion then scraping two one goal victories against Talbot probably tells you more about Clydebank than anything

5 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

For me St Cadocs are a team more in line with the lowland league, a club run by money, not really representing any community etc...and no real fan base. This is similar to Caledonian Braves, EK etc...

And Darvel???? Where would Darvel be without the pie man??? Ur either the pie man or 1 of his minions he has with his as games. 

Mon the papers

Pollok goal disallowed, for what looks to be a foul? However the ball was not yet in play when the assistant raises their flag... (skip to like 25secs)

Edited by Ginaro

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Pollok goal disallowed, for what looks to be a foul? However the ball was not yet in play when the assistant raises their flag... (skip to like 25secs)

The angle of filming obviously isn't ideal for making a definitive call, but was there a Pollok player just standing blatantly offside and in the keeper's line of sight or something? 

I'd be inclined to give the lino the benefit of the doubt that he flagged fractionally early because the decision was a no brainer from his perspective. It's still not a good look that he was quite so trigger happy. He'd have looked daft if the player dummied the ball.

On 16/01/2024 at 12:53, rhubarb1974 said:

St Cadocs sneaking up the league quietly.  Win games in hand 1 point off Clydebank who don’t really have the experience of getting things over the line. 

Beith can go comfortably clear if win their games in hand.  

I think we (Darvel) still in with a shout after watching Clydebank at weekend.  Very lucky against a very young talbot side.  Stronger side lost.  I think talbot will still have influence on the outcome of league.  

hearing reports of pollock committee guys having secret  meetings with a potential new manager currently in the west prem after the weekends result.  Any more on this?

hearing reports of pollock committee guys having secret  meetings with a potential new manager currently in the west prem after the weekends result.  Any more on this?

Considering you can’t even spell the club name correctly shows the credibility about what you’ve supposedly heard. 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

The angle of filming obviously isn't ideal for making a definitive call, but was there a Pollok player just standing blatantly offside and in the keeper's line of sight or something? 

I'd be inclined to give the lino the benefit of the doubt that he flagged fractionally early because the decision was a no brainer from his perspective. It's still not a good look that he was quite so trigger happy. He'd have looked daft if the player dummied the ball.

Screenshot, no Pollok players in the line of sight or in an offside position but even if there was the referee is the one who would make the call on the line of sight. Plus of course you need the ball to have actually been played first for there to be an offside and the referee didn't indicate an indirect free kick later. Assistant already has his flag up before it's kicked!

Must've given it for the coming together closest to the assistant. Fortunately it didn't affect the game but I'd say the assistant and more importantly the referee have forgotten the first point of law 12 which is "Direct and indirect free kicks and penalty kicks can only be awarded for offences committed when the ball is in play."

Capture9.JPG

Went to Cumnock with a friend who has no real affinity to my club, was a day out on the train for us.

That boy in the middle has to be the worst referee I've ever seen in the WoS. I can't recall the last time I saw both sets of fans gathering to bay for his blood.

The game slipped away from him in the opening minutes and by full time, it felt like he had slipped away with it.

My mate can't wait to see him strutting his stuff at a higher level. Neither can I.

45 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Went to Cumnock with a friend who has no real affinity to my club, was a day out on the train for us.

That boy in the middle has to be the worst referee I've ever seen in the WoS. I can't recall the last time I saw both sets of fans gathering to bay for his blood.

The game slipped away from him in the opening minutes and by full time, it felt like he had slipped away with it.

My mate can't wait to see him strutting his stuff at a higher level. Neither can I.

Can’t disagree with any of that 

This incident here summed up his performance 

54972403-fcb0-4f36-97a1-55fb29147b8c.jpeg

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Screenshot, no Pollok players in the line of sight or in an offside position but even if there was the referee is the one who would make the call on the line of sight. Plus of course you need the ball to have actually been played first for there to be an offside and the referee didn't indicate an indirect free kick later. Assistant already has his flag up before it's kicked!

Must've given it for the coming together closest to the assistant. Fortunately it didn't affect the game but I'd say the assistant and more importantly the referee have forgotten the first point of law 12 which is "Direct and indirect free kicks and penalty kicks can only be awarded for offences committed when the ball is in play."

Capture9.JPG

The linesman put his flag up for Forrester pushing over one of their players while waiting for the FK to be taken.

Mullen strikes the ball and scores while the flag was already up.

Linesman then puts his flag down, then back up.

Ref awards a FK to Largs, despite ball not in play when linesman flagged for the incident they seen.

So either it’s a goal, as the incident when the ball was not in play can not be a free kick, or a re take free kick.

For a game that hardly had a bad tackle yesterday, the ref somehow seemed to create an atmosphere that made it seem like a dirty game and that every foul was a Red card - going by how many times Largs players surrounded him. Really out his depth. 

2 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Can’t disagree with any of that 

This incident here summed up his performance 

54972403-fcb0-4f36-97a1-55fb29147b8c.jpeg

This was crazy stuff, and nobody had a clue what was going on.

The amount of decisions that baffled everyone and left coaching staff on both sides sniggering was of a very high count!

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

The linesman put his flag up for Forrester pushing over one of their players while waiting for the FK to be taken.

Mullen strikes the ball and scores while the flag was already up.

Linesman then puts his flag down, then back up.

Ref awards a FK to Largs, despite ball not in play when linesman flagged for the incident they seen.

So either it’s a goal, as the incident when the ball was not in play can not be a free kick, or a re take free kick.

For a game that hardly had a bad tackle yesterday, the ref somehow seemed to create an atmosphere that made it seem like a dirty game and that every foul was a Red card - going by how many times Largs players surrounded him. Really out his depth. 

Same as Pollok players surrounding the ref last week at Newlandsfield they questioned every decision

The last few games I've attended, the assistants look a lot younger than of late.

They're still learning in that sense. Like it or not, the WoS is a learning centre for younger assistants. The guys in the middle - most have been in this league for a few seasons. They need to be better, for both the teams and the young guys they're also coaching.

No idea if it was a younger official on the Largs - Pollok game. The video shows the assistant pointing at something twice and then raising the flag after the whistle goes but before the ball is in play. I'll guess he got distracted by whatever he was pointing at and having heard the whistle, assumed the ball was in play. It's impossible to watch two things at once. I think the referee should establish that and either give the goal or order a retake.

Can't believe the 10 men then  9 men cumnock blew the late penalty chance to beat the champions elect who in all fairness can only throw the title away from their position of strength .

Edited by Thejackdaw