WoSFL Premier Division thread

17 minutes ago, clansman said:

So if it came to applying the exclusion St Cadocs get kicked out and you lose the revenue. Not like it's going to happen as the suggestion from rhubarb in his prejudice not mine. Apologies I was trying to do from memory and forgot to take ownership into account but it is astro another of his prejudices

Astro are horrible surfaces to watch football on, I never said they should be banned, ground sharing imo should be. 

Anyone that says they'd prefer to have an astro over a grass pitch needs their head looked at. Looks at the condition of Pollok and Talbots parks in the height of bad weather, at there worst they are still a far better surface than an astro. Into the better weather there is not even the slightest bit of danger anyone would choose to want to play at the likes of the surface at Holm Park over say Beechwood. 

7 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Astro are horrible surfaces to watch football on, I never said they should be banned, ground sharing imo should be. 

Yet your post directly above this one says they should. Honestly you’re not even a decent troll. For a Darvel fan who supposedly doesnt like Talbot you sure sound more like a Talbot fan than a Darvel fan.
Just happened to be in an area reserved for committee members and saw Clydebank had the audacity to bring a bottle of champagne to a cup final (ooh those bad people), what are run of the mill ‘darvel’ fans doing in there? Honestly pathetic. Did Matt Bamford unfriend you on myspace or something? 
anyway, you should give us your opinion on groundsharing and Clydebank because honestly its not clear if you’re in favour of them or not? Stop being so vague and just be very clear. 

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yet your post directly above this one says they should. Honestly you’re not even a decent troll. For a Darvel fan who supposedly doesnt like Talbot you sure sound more like a Talbot fan than a Darvel fan. How so? I like their pitch/ground, nothing else about them. I have made it clear in other posts the same thing. I am not that bitter not to acknowledge they have the best ground at this level, they have also enjoyed success over a long period of time which has help them build it up over time. Our changes have been more fast paced due to investment over past number of years. Our ground is night and day in comparison to what it use to be however I personally think Pollok, Talbot and IM have better grounds, that isn't saying we wont one day have better facilities only time will tell. We have at  least got something to show for the money invested. And at same time it isn't knocking our ground, it is being honest. Happy to hear what ground you think is the best in the league? 

Just happened to be in an area reserved for committee members and saw Clydebank had the audacity to bring a bottle of champagne to a cup final (ooh those bad people), what are run of the mill ‘darvel’ fans doing in there? Honestly pathetic. Did Matt Bamford unfriend you on myspace or something? If you read the post that is about it says, news travels wide about peoples antics. At no point did it say I was there. You are very blinkered if you don't think different fans talk to each other, know each other or even work with other clubs fans. As I said news travels fast. I think people in certain positions in particular when they are league officials should conduct themselves in a better manner. 

anyway, you should give us your opinion on groundsharing and Clydebank because honestly its not clear if you’re in favour of them or not? Stop being so vague and just be very clear. Could you give me a benefit other than to save money or lack of money why you wouldn't want your own ground? I understand if you can't afford your own ground, just put your hands up and admit it. 

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Ticket are not required to be sold in advance, the only mention of tickets is each fan entering should be given a numbered ticket. There is absolutely no requirement for pre-bought tickets.  I am sure for clarity and trust, the SJFA would prefer to have it pay at gate and a numbered ticket issued to each person. SJFA officials check the numbers before and after game. 

As mentioned above I corrected myself around the split as this season they have changed the rules, previously a 3 way split of home and away gates, this season 40% to home team, 60% to SJFA. Away team get nothing. Look back on your posts you said I must be wrong as that isn't what the Darvel Committee said. 

I am sure if you knew football at this level longer than just when we started spending money you'd be aware of this? That is the problem when you have people involved in clubs that don't understand the game. 

Must be great to live in your wee bubble. Think you’ll find I know plenty about football as my first job in football was in 1987. It’s was ticket’s you said specifically that the committee had got wrong. No one said anything about advance. You simply said the committee misunderstood about advance tickets but no one said anything about. So you just made that 💩 up to make you feel better about being wrong. I asked the question on the Facebook page and the answer o got was it was to be all ticket. Nothing else. Bottom line is everyone  knows you’re just a 💩 stirrer against Darvel but then you still come and just refuse to back whoever is there. I may not have been to a Darvel game in The Victorian era as you must have but at least I know the difference between a 🐄 💩 and someone with a genuine of the club. I’ve been there in the lows and the highs so do not presume to know me or my history. Just stay away from the club that you hate but claim to love for your public face. We’ve all had enough.

44 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

It doesn't help when low quality astro is installed, I know other countries are beginning to ban them due to eniromental impact as well as the negative effect on player health. 

Yes, bens would be fine. 

I won't change my mind, football should be played on grass not astros. It is a horrible surface, slows the game down and makes the game a poorer spectacle. 

I have low critised new tinto, you have two astro surfaces, the big square in middle is different material

Its a patch caused by fireworks damage unfortunately, yes we'd all like to play on grass, but in order for the long term survival and self sufficiency moving forward when the so called financial fair play is actually adhered to, its the best and  only way forward for Benburb, not reliant on sugar daddies or rich backers to keep us going and then sinking like titanic when they get fed up with their new toy, so I get you hate astro, thats your view, you're entitled to it, but its a means for survival for clubs moving forward, and I suspect more clubs will look to do this in the future 

40 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yet your post directly above this one says they should. Honestly you’re not even a decent troll. For a Darvel fan who supposedly doesnt like Talbot you sure sound more like a Talbot fan than a Darvel fan.
Just happened to be in an area reserved for committee members and saw Clydebank had the audacity to bring a bottle of champagne to a cup final (ooh those bad people), what are run of the mill ‘darvel’ fans doing in there? Honestly pathetic. Did Matt Bamford unfriend you on myspace or something? 
anyway, you should give us your opinion on groundsharing and Clydebank because honestly its not clear if you’re in favour of them or not? Stop being so vague and just be very clear. 

Couldn’t agree more, maybe he wasn’t allowed a glass because of his tantrums at every single club ever.

3 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Must be great to live in your wee bubble. Think you’ll find I know plenty about football as my first job in football was in 1987. It’s was ticket’s you said specifically that the committee had got wrong. No one said anything about advance. You simply said the committee misunderstood about advance tickets but no one said anything about. Club had said it would be ticket only, that shouldn't be the case. You defended them in previous post saying it was SJFA rules, it isn't.So you just made that 💩 up to make you feel better about being wrong. I asked the question on the Facebook page and the answer o got was it was to be all ticket. Nothing else. Bottom line is everyone  knows you’re just a 💩 stirrer against Darvel  You are just out to save your own and committees back from the shambles behind the scene let's not dress it up in any other way, you try to discredit people with more knowledge than you have of this level of football, JG is not an experienced football man, none of the committee are either that is simple facts. but then you still come and just refuse to back whoever is there When have I not backed who's there, I have said not Tony's biggest fan but he has done a good job. I haven't backed the committee on a lot of things, you are correct there. You can't have committee putting out a plea for help and that they are open to all then the chairman followed by a committee members wife posting saying they don't want certain people involved, either open to all or you are not! In terms of support of the club, I have hardly missed a home game other than when I have been on holiday and I think I have missed 3 away games so I would say not the worst. I may not have been to a Darvel game in The Victorian era as you must have but at least I know the difference between a 🐄 💩 and someone with a genuine of the club. I’ve been there in the lows and the highs so do not presume to know me or my history. Just stay away from the club that you hate but claim to love for your public face. We’ve all had enough. The only thing I hate about the club of the bitterness that has crept in over past couple of years, that statement in last sentence from you sums that up perfectly. If you don't nod and agree with the committee you are wrong? If you raised concerns regarding how money was being spent when all this time we were told club were self sustainable, does that make you wrong for questioning it? 

12 minutes ago, clansman said:

I am all for teams promoting from within, that is one thing I never criticize any club for. I know most teams now have a "pathway" however whether or not it is really is a pathway we wait and see. 

I personally would like to see more of the development team players be given a chance in first team or if maybe not at the level yet but showing potential then loan them out to teams further down the divisions. We used to benefit from it for years before we could spend money. If we can help other teams out with players and at the same time help our own prospects with adult football then it is win win. 

We are very early in our pathway, think this might only be the second season so still very early to know if it is working. By all accounts we have a strong u20s side so hopefully we see a few of the players starting to emerge. 

1 hour ago, JDBENS said:

Apologies, I was replying to Rhubarb and his inane drivel, and to correct him, we don't groundshare,  st cadocs do, and if it were to be banned, we'd be fine, st cadocs would have the problem, but that ain't happening anytime soon, unfortunately in modern times to generate income and survive, astro is the way most clubs invariably will go 

How did clubs manage to survive pre astro ? 

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

How did clubs manage to survive pre astro ? 

Every team had their own pitches, less games played on them so kept better condition.

I don't recall 20-30 years ago as many issues with back log of fixtures either. 

17 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Every team had their own pitches, less games played on them so kept better condition.

Back logs of fixtures have always been a huge concern , the best thing to happen to our game is floodlights to try and alleviate fixture congestion 

Unfortunately floodlights and the astro cages often go hand in hand however clubs like troon , meadow,  buffs , Talbot who have nice grass pitches and floodlights makes me enjoy games that bit more and it can only help the fixture congestion if the powers that be do their job well in terms of planning  fixtures. 

Edited by Thejackdaw

17 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

There has always been a back log in fixtures. I remember years where we were playing Monday, Wednesday, Saturday from end of April to beginning of June.

5 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

So from that list Clydebank, Bens and KRR shouldn't be able to be licensed imo due to ground sharing. If I was setting rules for league I would ban teams without their own ground from the west prem in order to balance financial fair play. 

Why shouldn't West Dunbartonshire Council allow two teams to use their Holm Park astro facility rather than have it sitting empty every second Saturday?

And should Stirling Albion and University of Stirling not be allowed to get a licence because Stirling Council own Forthbank? Same with Edinburgh City (and Leith Athletic) at Meadowbank and three teams sharing at Ainslie Park.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Why shouldn't West Dunbartonshire Council allow two teams to use their Holm Park astro facility rather than have it sitting empty every second Saturday?

And should Stirling Albion and University of Stirling not be allowed to get a licence because Stirling Council own Forthbank? Same with Edinburgh City (and Leith Athletic) at Meadowbank and three teams sharing at Ainslie Park.

The ground sharing arguement doesn't limit itself to west prem, for me west prem and above you should have own ground. I am well aware of teams further up ground sharing too. I personally don't agree with it. 

You missed my point, for a ground share to work, there is a lot more work goes into producing fixtures as you need to check across multiple leagues etc...that no clashes take place. 

Everyone that has their own ground has it lying empty unless they have a home game. 

P.S. I hope we don't draw any of the teams at Meadowbank, unsure if you've seen the new one. Binoculars are required. 

12 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Yes, and that is without mid week winter matches as no one had floodlights. 

I am sure teams in more recent years will have complained about pile up of fixtures. 

Lol ok.

20 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Yes, and that is without mid week winter matches as no one had floodlights. 

I am sure teams in more recent years will have complained about pile up of fixtures. 

If we are going to be selective, Largs won the West of Scotland Cup in 1991 on 22 June.

And Beith... in 1992, must have been playing into late June. @Thejackdaw

Does one not suspect complaints about fixtures is more down to awareness and recognition of this not being a good thing?

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

In 2004 Clydebank in Central League Division, 2 had seven fixtures in April and six in May.

This year we might be fixture free in April.

Seemed to recollect when lower down divisions East Kilbride Thistle didn't do home games between September and March

In the good old days there would have been a groundsman down every day with fork and bucket doing all the things to keep park in good state. 

Topsoil and re-seeding needed every year or you end up with a bog when wet and when dry a bobble fest

Edited by clansman