WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, passbackdave said:

If use keep a hold of this squad then in a few years could be the team 2 beat but they need 2 be able 2 play and under maxwell he's Golding them back 

Monnthe 

Why do you think that about the manager?

1 hour ago, F_T_Y said:

Thought first half wasnt great from both sides but we were worth the win in the second. Dean Cairns outstanding. Dont understand yellow for penalty either but no difference made at that stage in the game.

Great start for us but another big test next week.

Red all day

2 hours ago, Mine Man said:

Unfortunately in this day and in this particular period teams will come calling for the players that stand out.

This is my fear. I think there's the beginnings of a very good side being built but Luke Main, for example, could play a number of levels above this one. I'd love him to be at Pollok for years to come but he'll have his suitors lining up to offer him something we likely can't sooner rather than later. 

On Maxi - he's done a decent job under very difficult circumstances. We are a little too quick at times to go direct, in my opinion, but that's very much the exception rather than the rule. If he has us challenging on any front this year than I think that's relative success after last year getting us to our first cup final in years despite playing with a skeleton squad for the last four months of the season. 

Clydebank won, now their fans are experts on what is holding Pollok back etc. 

FFS, your team still has won nothing either. 

As for the game, very little quality, Clydebank deserved their victory as punished mistakes.

Neither keeper had many saves to make in the whole game. 

Have to laugh at posts saying we tried to ref the game, the lack of self awareness. The bankies crowd, the players, the bench scream for everything and anything. As a result Faulds got booked 2 mins after your full back chops down Docherty for the most blatant booking of the day. 

Clydebank ground out the win yesterday, and that bodes well for them as the league will be full of games like yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Clydebank ground out the win yesterday, and that bodes well for them as the league will be full of games like yesterday. 

Totally agree re this point

Clydebank’s Achilles heel for years has been winning these types of games. We have always tended to be a bit Sugar or Shite and have lacked an ability to just get over the line and get the job done. The signings of Leishman, Syme and Cairns will hopefully help address that. Still feel we could do with someone at the top end of the pitch that can help us capitalise on chances we create and avoid overplaying at times.

I am delighted with the start we have made especially as we have had injuries to contend with but that’s all it is - a start - long long way to go and no doubt many twists and turns to follow - I just hope that we have the ability and mentality to be able to last the pace this time.

44 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Totally agree re this point

Clydebank’s Achilles heel for years has been winning these types of games. We have always tended to be a bit Sugar or Shite and have lacked an ability to just get over the line and get the job done. The signings of Leishman, Syme and Cairns will hopefully help address that. Still feel we could do with someone at the top end of the pitch that can help us capitalise on chances we create and avoid overplaying at times.

I am delighted with the start we have made especially as we have had injuries to contend with but that’s all it is - a start - long long way to go and no doubt many twists and turns to follow - I just hope that we have the ability and mentality to be able to last the pace this time.

It’s a very strong start and launchpad for a long and testing campaign.As you say 3 good signings who add quality in key areas and that can make a difference.

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

Have to laugh at posts saying we tried to ref the game, the lack of self awareness. The bankies crowd, the players, the bench scream for everything and anything. As a result Faulds got booked 2 mins after your full back chops down Docherty for the most blatant booking of the day. 

I said that and I also said I felt the ref was bad for both teams, if you remember the foul on Docherty you will remember the one that he himself had commited 2 mins before, high and late on the same player that more than merited a booking  (for what its worth I thought both players should have been booked but with it being early ref maybe tried to let it go) so maybe take your black and white tinted specs of for a sec. In regards to the screams of players and bench, the Pollok captain was running around with his arms up screaming at the ref for a the smallest of fouls all game straight from the get go.

29 minutes ago, Montys said:

I said that and I also said I felt the ref was bad for both teams, if you remember the foul on Docherty you will remember the one that he himself had commited 2 mins before, high and late on the same player that more than merited a booking  (for what its worth I thought both players should have been booked but with it being early ref maybe tried to let it go) so maybe take your black and white tinted specs of for a sec. In regards to the screams of players and bench, the Pollok captain was running around with his arms up screaming at the ref for a the smallest of fouls all game straight from the get go.

He started that after your number 8 did that early in the game. He was desperate to cause it. 

I think this is a point that we will never agree on. 

3 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Dont understand yellow for penalty either but no difference made at that stage in the game.

2 hours ago, Mine Man said:

Red all day

YC was correct, changed for this season https://www.theifab.com/law-changes/latest/

• Clarification that non-deliberate handball offences for which penalties are awarded are to be sanctioned in the same way as fouls which are an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball

Though should've been a free kick for a foul on the Clydebank player before the shot anyway.

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

YC was correct, changed for this season https://www.theifab.com/law-changes/latest/

• Clarification that non-deliberate handball offences for which penalties are awarded are to be sanctioned in the same way as fouls which are an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball

Though should've been a free kick for a foul on the Clydebank player before the shot anyway.

The one the boy screamed like a 4 year old who was told he wasn’t getting ice cream. 
You must hold training sessions on that, as some amount of screams when you go down only to somehow be much better instantly, as shown by the reaction after the scream in the build up to the pen. 

Fair play, the refs seem to fall for it, but hopefully catch on at some point as it’s pretty embarrassing to watch. 

34 minutes ago, superpollok said:

The one the boy screamed like a 4 year old who was told he wasn’t getting ice cream. 
You must hold training sessions on that, as some amount of screams when you go down only to somehow be much better instantly, as shown by the reaction after the scream in the build up to the pen. 

Fair play, the refs seem to fall for it, but hopefully catch on at some point as it’s pretty embarrassing to watch. 

Adam Forde?

Pollok 6 months into a rebuild (on top of last summers before it was trimmed) on and off the park. 

This Clydebank team surely in its final form, if they don’t win the league this season I don’t think they ever will with Moffat as Manager. 

Tight game as always between the clubs, Bankies edged it and probably deserved to just take the three points. A bit of quality in the middle and a bit of luck up top. I felt the ref was very lenient, but it wasn’t a particularly dirty game. Cairns’ reaction was an embarrassment though. Docherty should have been booked and then the Clydebank left back should have been booked for the retaliation. Bankies number 6 should have been booked too. 

Delighted with our start to the season as we’ve taken on three good sides, have six points and haven’t looked completely out of place at any point. We’ve got a good young team with a few players who have never played in this league. In Maxi we trust. 

9 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Pollok 6 months into a rebuild (on top of last summers before it was trimmed) on and off the park. 

This Clydebank team surely in its final form, if they don’t win the league this season I don’t think they ever will with Moffat as Manager. 

Tight game as always between the clubs, Bankies edged it and probably deserved to just take the three points. A bit of quality in the middle and a bit of luck up top. I felt the ref was very lenient, but it wasn’t a particularly dirty game. Cairns’ reaction was an embarrassment though. Docherty should have been booked and then the Clydebank left back should have been booked for the retaliation. Bankies number 6 should have been booked too. 

Delighted with our start to the season as we’ve taken on three good sides, have six points and haven’t looked completely out of place at any point. We’ve got a good young team with a few players who have never played in this league. In Maxi we trust. 

What about the Pollok player who kicked out at Nicky Low on the break that wasn’t booked?

Pollok players continually surrounding the ref?

There was only one team on the front foot trying to win the game,there was no wind the pitch was fine and the downpour lasted about a minute!

Keep trusting in Maxi but I’d suggest a new pair of specs.

Edited by Eadie is God

Watching the game, I thought, ironically, Pollok looked a much better side than the one which actually beat Clydebank at Holm Park last season - albeit by a penalty shoot out.

Home team looked very hard to beat, but I still think to win that division, they need a better striker (although they don't lack players who can score form any position).

I thought Adam Hodge, who for me is usually a stand out, had a quieter game than normal.

49 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

What about the Pollok player who kicked out at Nicky Low on the break that wasn’t booked?

Pollok players continually surrounding the ref?

There was only one team on the front foot trying to win the game,there was no wind the pitch was fine and the downpour lasted about a minute!

Keep trusting in Maxi but I’d suggest a new pair of specs.

Both teams attempted to exert pressure on the referee, and I actually think he handled the game fairly well if a bit lenient but it wasn’t a dirty game. Looking forward to the reverse fixture as this Pollok team will get better as the season goes on. Will Clydebank? If they do, they’ll win the league.

Yesterday was a must win for Clydebank, a draw would have been a good result for Pollok. Maxi has matched Moffat’s achievements at Clydebank in the less than 2 years he’s been at Pollok. 

Both clubs have massively underachieved compared to our Ayrshire counterparts. 

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Looked a very deliberate action from where I was standing. Red all day long. 

9 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Both teams attempted to exert pressure on the referee, and I actually think he handled the game fairly well if a bit lenient but it wasn’t a dirty game. Looking forward to the reverse fixture as this Pollok team will get better as the season goes on. Will Clydebank? If they do, they’ll win the league.

Yesterday was a must win for Clydebank, a draw would have been a good result for Pollok. Maxi has matched Moffat’s achievements at Clydebank in the less than 2 years he’s been at Pollok. 

Both clubs have massively underachieved compared to our Ayrshire counterparts. 

Don’t waste your time. All he’s interested in his the post match interview. 

53 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Why is Clydebank constantly the most expensive team to visit in the league.   £10 to get in.  

Trouble could be brewing as repeated reports of the live broadcasting which is being shown within the UK despite being against the law.  

😂