WoSFL Premier Division thread

Just now, leaguereformer said:

Are JB more suited to Astro? 

We seem to be coping with it better than we did last season, but to be fair, Gartcairn have a really nice surface.

I still prefer us on grass though!

Just now, leaguereformer said:

Hard to defend when you know it’s true.  You slated JB, Darvel, Gartcairn, St Cadocs for spending money yet when you do it you have the best people running a club in Scotland and are sustainable.  

john Gall said live on TV darvel were sustainable, how has that turned out? 

Blah blah,you’re an imbecile that makes stuff up.

You hate The Bankies and that’s ok but for your own mental health you should take a break. 

11 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Leishman - £8k plus £3k to player 

Cairns - £10k plus £2k to player 

Syme - £15k plus £3k to player 

Samson - £13.5k plus £4k to player 

Not one of those players are on less than £350/week.  

😂😂😂 you add digits on every time you post about it.

10 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

10k for Callum Graham the season before lol, bankies fans are delusional. How much for Nicky Low? 

21 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

🙄🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

10k for Callum Graham the season before lol, bankies fans are delusional. How much for Nicky Low? 

Im not saying we are not paying good money but someone come out with figures like there facts 😳🙄🤣

16 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Darvel: "We wanted to keep them. We tried everything, but we just couldn't say no to that kind of money!"

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Just home from an enjoyable win at Gartcairn.  Good game, not too much in it and Burgh's class just pulled them away from a good Gartcairn side.

A few points to raise:

Max Kerr was excellent for the Burgh early doors, causing Gartcairn's defense all sorts of trouble. 

Great work from Jordan Moore to set up the Burgh's second goal, first class really.

Ian McShane was excellent in Gartcairns midfield., really good player.  Watching Ian and Graham Dorrans compete in midfield was a joy.  

Alan Hutton was utter pish, the only thing I recall him doing was aiming a headbutt at the Burgh's Malky MacDonald and getting away with it. 

Luke Scullion was as reliable as ever in the Burgh goal pulling off a couple of really good saves.

The pie was acceptable, the bovril however was tiny.

You used to have to make do with a can machine at the Sports Centre!!

Gartcairn keep their best grub for their networking events.😉👍🏼😁

Just now, Bankie boy said:

Im not saying we are not paying good money but someone come out with figures like there facts 😳🙄🤣

The facts are use payed close to 20k for syme, use paid 10k for Graham. I don’t get why fans can’t just admit to it, if you want to compete in this league now it’s the way it’s going. So yes use have spent a fortune on players and will be fully expected to be winning the league. 

2 minutes ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

The facts are use payed close to 20k for syme, use paid 10k for Graham. I don’t get why fans can’t just admit to it, if you want to compete in this league now it’s the way it’s going. So yes use have spent a fortune on players and will be fully expected to be winning the league. 

I think it’s quite clear we’ve spent money, we’re not denying that.

We’re denying the silly figures you lot are coming out with on here.

2 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I think it’s quite clear we’ve spent money, we’re not denying that.

We’re denying the silly figures you lot are coming out with on here.

So use didn’t pay close to 20k for syme? Nothing ridiculous about it word gets about pretty quick. Use don’t want to admit to the fact use are trying to bankroll the league after slagging off darvel ect for doing the same. 

Just now, not man of the match said:

What is close to £20k? It’s been reported as £15k in the same thread. That’s a fair difference. We’re spending our own money. Darvel were spending someone elses. Major difference.

It’s not hard to work out is it, 15k paid in transfer, few grand to the player plus his wages = close to 20k.  It’s really not a major difference, both spending a fortune hoping it pays off. Will be interesting to see if Clydebank have their usual after Christmas downfall after their fans have shouted from the rooftops that they are going to win the league. 

2 minutes ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

It’s not hard to work out is it, 15k paid in transfer, few grand to the player plus his wages = close to 20k.  It’s really not a major difference, both spending a fortune hoping it pays off. Will be interesting to see if Clydebank have their usual after Christmas downfall after their fans have shouted from the rooftops that they are going to win the league. 

I think you will find that the only ones saying we will/would win the league this year and last was the multi identity disgruntled Darvel fan and his fellow Ayrshire trolls

We missed chance after chance in defeat to St Cadoc's tonight. Max Currie outstanding in goal for them tonight, including one right at the death that I am convinced crossed the line but have heard from others that the linesman called it correctly. 

Probably the best we have played so far this season which is promising but some of the finishing had to be seen to be believed. Very wasteful. 

I'd have Clydebank as a level above anybody else I've seen so far this season, albeit it is still early days.