WoSFL Premier Division thread

3 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

Never seen an entire fanbase so visibly rattled by a throwaway comment by an opposing manager in a game they won. 

The argument has been done to death - plastic obviously has the advantage of being able to get games on when otherwise it may not have been possible but it also plays far worse than grass on a normal day and you hear players talking about how much their joints struggle when playing on it. You don't all need to pretend it's perfect just because your team play on it. 

Well you're selectively quoting my post or you'dve noted that I said a good grass pitch is best. However just like grass pitches are not of a consistent standard -neither are artificial ones. Some are dreadful and some like - imo - ours are decent. They're getting better all the time - but like grass, it can depend on how much you have to invest in it. I'm delighted to get Shotts away out the road early in the season.

Btw my comment was also throwaway ... I don't care what Maxi says tbh. So just ignore it. 

9 hours ago, Mighty Good said:

Yeh injuries are much more likely on plastic

Are they ? I've not seen recent stats and I'm guessing not that many folk on here have either. Apocryphally they've not been popular with players with dodgy joints. However I'd suggest majority of players train on them at least twice a week and joints have become accustomed to them by now. I dunno. I retired my unfit body about 15 years ago and the surfaces have definitely improved since then. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

18 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

No-one is suggesting they kiss the badge. What is evident so far this season is they're moulding into a team. The new guys have brought best out of players already there. Burgh have some v good players ... they're not a team yet. Moff has bought wisely although injuries may play a part as squad isn't huge

There has been a few posts on here about the squad size for Clydebank. 
Unless your website is wrong (which I doubt as it’s usually pretty good), you have 21 signed players. 
That’s a good size for this level, especially when the next 5 months or so is pretty likely to be one game a week. 

That size will be bigger than plenty of teams in the league. 
Can nearly list two different starting XI. 

Edited by superpollok

59 minutes ago, superpollok said:

There has been a few posts on here about the squad size for Clydebank. 
Unless your website is wrong (which I doubt as it’s usually pretty good), you have 21 signed players. 
That’s a good size for this level, especially when the next 5 months or so is pretty likely to be one game a week. 

That size will be bigger than plenty of teams in the league. 
Can nearly list two different starting XI. 

Well I obviously hope it won't be an issue. 

8 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Well I obviously hope it won't be an issue. 

With that depth and the quality available I do think it looks like Clydebank are in with a very good shout to win the league.But as we all know a long way to go and a load of difficult games for every single team in this league which is undoubtedly the toughest it has ever been 

56 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

With that depth and the quality available I do think it looks like Clydebank are in with a very good shout to win the league.But as we all know a long way to go and a load of difficult games for every single team in this league which is undoubtedly the toughest it has ever been 

100% ... all we've done is got off to a great start and proved the team has gelled quickly. Still plenty to come from a number of teams 

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

The money they have spent this season makes it hard to see by them.  Good squad however with the vast budget they have does that add pressure? 

I would imagine a couple early exits from the cups with all focus on the league and getting themselves stuck in the LL for years to come.  

45 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

The money they have spent this season makes it hard to see by them.  Good squad however with the vast budget they have does that add pressure? 

I would imagine a couple early exits from the cups with all focus on the league and getting themselves stuck in the LL for years to come.  

So you will have money on Caley Locos, Ardrossan Winton Rovers and St Andrews then. 

Not quite the same as Pollok, Beith and Formartine though.

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

The only thing that’s stuck is you,like a broken record!

11 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Yes for the predictable “cup upset” 

So getting beat by Beith, Pollok X3 want to avoid them,  Formatine, Spartans, Stirling University, Auchinleck, and Annan were upsets over the last three years.

4 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

And u will miss us. Has the bookies paid out yet cos everyone else has us league winners 

Mon the papers

3 hours ago, passbackdave said:

And u will miss us. Has the bookies paid out yet cos everyone else has us league winners 

Mon the papers

Odds on certainty to win and righty so with what you’ve spent.  Barring an injury crisis I would see Clydebank romping the league.

This is also the easiest season for a west team to win the play offs giving how much the standard in EoSL has fallen as their bigger teams are in LL along with the toy clubs such as EK, Caley Braves etc…

4 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Odds on certainty to win and righty so with what you’ve spent.  Barring an injury crisis I would see Clydebank romping the league.

This is also the easiest season for a west team to win the play offs giving how much the standard in EoSL has fallen as their bigger teams are in LL along with the toy clubs such as EK, Caley Braves etc…

image.png.4192e243e2d39921f75f458a35275bc6.png