WoSFL Premier Division thread

46 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

How was ciaran diver today for St cadocs up against the centre  half in Danny oneill who played CH alongside him in his beith team last season?  

I was up in dalgety bay all day so trying to catch up ☺️

Diver was sub. Only came on last 20mins. Danny O'Neil been a stand-out all season. 

2 hours ago, amnarab said:

Diver was sub. Only came on last 20mins. Danny O'Neil been a stand-out all season. 

In fairness he was on holiday during the week so I wouldn’t  have started him if I was the manager.   

Is fellows under pressure? Not a great start.  

18 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

In fairness he was on holiday during the week so I wouldn’t  have started him if I was the manager.   

Is fellows under pressure? Not a great start.  

I think fellowes is a bit of a myth to be honest , gets bummed up big time and he's done very little let's be honest.  If he can't get the best out of the very best striker in the league then maybe he's not all that his vastly inflated ego and reputation appears to be .

16 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I think fellowes is a bit of a myth to be honest , gets bummed up big time and he's done very little let's be honest.  If he can't get the best out of the very best striker in the league then maybe he's not all that his vastly inflated ego and reputation appears to be .

In terms of Diver, I never thought he was the right player for how st Cadocs play.  I thought he was outstanding with Beith, Talbot could have been a good option for how he plays, however I guess like a lot of players at this level, money comes first.  

On 25/08/2024 at 23:10, leaguereformer said:

Odds on certainty to win and righty so with what you’ve spent.  Barring an injury crisis I would see Clydebank romping the league.

This is also the easiest season for a west team to win the play offs giving how much the standard in EoSL has fallen as their bigger teams are in LL along with the toy clubs such as EK, Caley Braves etc…

So we've won the league and the play off??? Just the cups or is that pushing the boat? 

Mon the papers

If a 3 way play off and say Clydebank away to Musselburgh / Penicuik then no guarantee they would win that. Also Johnstone Burgh could still dig deep in transfer market come winter months and win league. Lot of football to be played yet.

3 hours ago, Shannon said:

If a 3 way play off and say Clydebank away to Musselburgh / Penicuik then no guarantee they would win that. Also Johnstone Burgh could still dig deep in transfer market come winter months and win league. Lot of football to be played yet.

Yeah ... a few clubs around us that could strengthen. From 5 to 8 games into a 30 game league. Plenty to happen yet

On 03/09/2024 at 17:05, Shannon said:

Don't see Penicuik being anywhere near the top this season unfortunately, not the team they used to be but improving on last season.

Musselburgh are the best team in the league now. Jeanfield and Sauchie can dance but not on the same level as Broxburn, Bo'ness, etc that have going up recently 

38 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Don't see Penicuik being anywhere near the top this season unfortunately, not the team they used to be but improving on last season.

Musselburgh are the best team in the league now. Jeanfield and Sauchie can dance but not on the same level as Broxburn, Bo'ness, etc that have going up recently 

In August, Haddington played against Penicuik, Jeanfield, Sauchie, Musselburgh and Auchinleck on consecutive match days. I agree with your thoughts on Penicuik. Although Penicuik have improved this season, I cannot see them challenging for the league in next couple of years. On the other teams (all 4 beat Haddington), I would say there is not much between them, but Jeanfield for me are the pick of the bunch and I would see the Perth side pip Musselburgh for the league this season. 

In any play-off, which may occur between winners of East/West of Scotland Premier League at season end, I think the outcome would be close either way. Certainly don’t agree with leaguereformer’s assessment of ‘I don’t see much strength left.’

Edited by Casey Jones

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I would say there is not much between them, but Jeanfield for me are the pick of the bunch and I would see the Perth side pip Musselburgh for the league this season. 

I've been backing Jeanfield for 3 seasons now and they consistently let me down! They are a brilliant attacking team (the best on their day) but don't win enough games and have too many bad days when other teams suss them out. 

Just now, Spyro said:

I've been backing Jeanfield for 3 seasons now and they consistently let me down! They are a brilliant attacking team (the best on their day) but don't win enough games and have too many bad days when other teams suss them out. 

Can’t argue Spyro. Astonished they haven’t won league by now, but they have more times than not been the best footballing side year in, year out. Perhaps this time, they won’t let you down. 

13 hours ago, Spyro said:

They are a brilliant attacking team (the best on their day) but don't win enough games and have too many bad days when other teams suss them out. 

Sounds like bankies last 30 years me supporting them. 

Mon the papers