WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

This is a red flag. The recruitment process is seriously flawed and any decent manager must look at it and have serious reservations. The committee also need to look at themselves with that kind of turnover. We've had 3 managers in 21 years - you need to give people time and backing ( not just financial)  to build their team ... an average of 6 months is not enough. 

Congratulations on winning the runners-up spot for having the fewest managers in the past two decades (and basically nothing else of any note) despite coming from an area with one of the largest catchments, largest supports and budgets in the level of football concerned. A wonderful achievement I'm sure is celebrated every season.

You come on here and criticise teams with far fewer resources who have had far more success. Maybe look in before you look out.

22 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

Congratulations on winning the runners-up spot for having the fewest managers in the past two decades (and basically nothing else of any note) despite coming from an area with one of the largest catchments, largest supports and budgets in the level of football concerned. A wonderful achievement I'm sure is celebrated every season.

You come on here and criticise teams with far fewer resources who have had far more success. Maybe look in before you look out.

Cool. Don't know who you support but if you think that a managerial merry-go-round is the way to go then you crack on.  

Also- if you think that Glenafton were winning things with next to no resources then I have a bridge to sell you. No-one that has won the league in the last decade has spent less than we did at the time. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

6 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

I think they will regret sacking Caddis

Ryan Caddis did not get sacked, he resigned. 

Personally, I don't think he'll be missed. The players looked as  if they had stopped playing for him and were drained of any confidence. I think he would have found it hard to turn it around, and I suspect he thought the same and that's why he resigned. 

I think we would have struggled to stay up with this squad and Caddis in charge and I doubt whoever comes in will make me  change my mind. So I don't think we'll be any worse off than we were with Caddis. Just hope I'm wrong and the new manager can give us a lift 🙏

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Cool. Don't know who you support but if you think that a managerial merry-go-round is the way to go then you crack on.  

Also- if you think that Glenafton were winning things with next to no resources then I have a bridge to sell you. No-one that has won the league in the last decade has spent less than we did at the time. 

Everybody knows how much you Wankies love to play down how much yer budget is but I reckon the Glens, Beith and possibly even Auchinleck have won the league with lower budgets than Clydebank. 

But at least you've no changed many managers 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Everybody knows how much you Wankies love to play down how much yer budget is but I reckon the Glens, Beith and possibly even Auchinleck have won the league with lower budgets than Clydebank. 

It's amazing on here that some folk can have a reasoned, balanced football chat. Whilst others resort to name calling and think if they change a letter in a word, they become Kevin Bridges. Grow up and have a word with yourself.   

24 minutes ago, DanMan said:

It's amazing on here that some folk can have a reasoned, balanced football chat. Whilst others resort to name calling and think if they change a letter in a word, they become Kevin Bridges. Grow up and have a word with yourself.   

And there was me thinking the wankies fans were in great spirits and full of cheer wi the good start they’ve had.

Chill pal !!!

6 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

This is a red flag. The recruitment process is seriously flawed and any decent manager must look at it and have serious reservations. The committee also need to look at themselves with that kind of turnover. We've had 3 managers in 21 years - you need to give people time and backing ( not just financial)  to build their team ... an average of 6 months is not enough. 

Yep I agree but talbot only had 1 manager in that time and he has proven give them time with or without money I will win cups and get success why do clubs need to make changes every year or so I dont understand it and not just glenafton even top teams change managers every so often if things don't go right but who would want that job now knowing u will be sacked in 6 months 

1 hour ago, 93glens17 said:

Ayrshire patter,dear god 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Yep I agree but talbot only had 1 manager in that time and he has proven give them time with or without money I will win cups and get success why do clubs need to make changes every year or so I dont understand it and not just glenafton even top teams change managers every so often if things don't go right but who would want that job now knowing u will be sacked in 6 months 

Because it's sport, which is a success driven business. It should be a surprise to no-one when a team in the top league loses six or seven games on the trot and the manager comes under pressure. I don't agree with calling for their head but unless they have a proven track record of success with that club in the past, then it's always going to happen.

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

Talbot are the prime example of the benefit of giving a manager the time, patience and backing to put together a team and regular rebuilding ... getting rewarded for that. He'll be a hard act to follow when he eventually does go. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

3 hours ago, 93glens17 said:

Not at the time when they won those titles. However your patter could be doing with some updating. 

39 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Not at the time when they won those titles. However your patter could be doing with some updating. 

Disagree with you about the budgets ,  no too concerned about the patter . I’m no as easily offended as some o the wankies fans on here , a very sensitive bunch up that way .