WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

You have stated previously teams without the relevant license shouldn't be in the league as makes a mockery of the pyramid system. To go from the LL to SPFL a bronze is required, so why not make entry to LL bronze to make seamless pyramid then? 

Regarding ground sharing clubs and sport complexes these should be restricted to a certain level certainly no SPFL level I would go as far to say tier 6 as well. laying football in these facilities is not a professional look nor does it reflect well on Scottish football. 

I have never stated that unlicensed clubs should be excluded from the WOSFL Premier division.

Someone who is now apparently a Celtic season ticket holder who doesn't subscribe to Rangers being a new club after they were liquidated and believes Airdrie were generous to, charitable to and someone Clydebank should be indebted to is a fairly unique individual.

Not a credible one.

Just a hate filled nutter making stuff up. 

Edited by clansman

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Just to confirm as a Celtic season ticket holder, Rangers situation was different and backed by uefa, they retained their registration. 

Clydebank that were once in league football were bought and changed their name to Airdrie United at free will and opted to play out of Airdrie. It was a simple name change for the club. You will know better than myself the UCS tried to buy Clydebank however they weren't committed enough to the club and allowed the club to be sold to someone else who then change the name of the club to Airdrie United. We are going over old ground.  Again I will remind you of the comment of your chair Grace, Clydebank FC (WoS team) was born in the memory of Clydebank FC (former league side), the owners of the then Airdrie United generously and very charitably gave the new club Clydebank use of the Clydebank FC name and badge for that I think the bankies should always be indebted to Airdrie and show more respect to them. 

You must be the only "Celtic" fan that concurs with that. I have my doubts.

3 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

There is a difference between lacking ambition and acknowledging the level each club is at. For me the biggest teams in the WoS are Talbot and Pollok in terms of fan base and brand. The so called "ambitious" clubs are able to pay higher wages due to the lack of facilities and facilities not fit for SPFL level, as community clubs and youth level fine however fans need to take blinkers off and look around. 

Look, you have no real idea what kind of money we've paid over the years - first at Glenhead Park, then Holm Park. It amounts to a substantial 6 figure sum over the term that we've been back first in Juniors, then in pyramid. Neither arrangement has been a straightforward rental agreement. We've first of all worked with Drumchapel Ams to make Glenhead an acceptable standard. Since moving to the other end of town, we've worked with - first Yoker snd now HPCFA to improve the place. Yoker don't have much of nothing and don't contribute financially but we do so to imply that we get a free ride in contrast to other teams - who actually own an asset - is completely false. 

I get that you don't much like us and have spent a lot of the summer exaggerating monies spent but that's fine. It doesn't really matter tbh. I guess if you're being talked about then you're probably doing something. As regards to acceptability of facilities. That's something the SFA judge upon not your good self. If we do the work and they're happy then we'd be in a position to move on. If not then we wouldn't be. Simple as that. 

3 hours ago, clansman said:

Drumchapel have licence application in .

https://www.facebook.com/share/dsVASMK6utKzZdeU/

It is something they talked about since joining the WoSFL. I know Donald Dewar doesn't have the greatest of reptutations but if it can tick off the boxes, better to have another licensed club and keep trying to improve things.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It is something they talked about since joining the WoSFL. I know Donald Dewar doesn't have the greatest of reptutations but if it can tick off the boxes, better to have another licensed club and keep trying to improve things.

Exactly that, it ticks the boxes.

Two small covers either side of the main gate. If the rules say, provide cover for a 100 people then Drumchapel have done exactly that, nothing more nothing less.

Good luck in the Big Scottish every year.

11 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Exactly that, it ticks the boxes.

Two small covers either side of the main gate. If the rules say, provide cover for a 100 people then Drumchapel have done exactly that, nothing more nothing less.

Good luck in the Big Scottish every year.

By ticking boxes does that not show how poor the entry requirement is? It is a terrible set up. No barrier behind either goals. all on the flat. 2 portoloos. I don't blame the clubs I blame the SFA for their criteria. 

22 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

So you are saying you have history before you were formed in 2003? Wow that is impressive. Your club chair has stated on video interviews that Clydebank are a phoenix club born out of the memory of the old Clydebank. 

have routinely commented on LL. If Bankies go up or not it doesn't bother me in the slightest, you will end up there like hypocrites after slating Beith for not being eligible for promotion. If Bankies were to be in LL and win it they are not eligible for promotion. 

Having attended our AGM at the weekend, I'm fairly certain that if we go up then the next part of our project will be to attain the bronze license.

The AGM confirms what all Bankies fans knew - the club is in a great place on and off the field.

13 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Not far off it.

We were knocking at an open door that’s for sure.

All this we should be grateful is a load of tosh.

So not grateful to an association who allowed your newly formed club join?

16 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Nah, I'm Alex. Didn't yer pals tell you that?

Even if your not, you might as well be, as you basically spout his SJFA line at every turn.

But it's the East clubs who are all puppets.