Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

This is pretty poor by your normal standards.

In all honesty, my heart's not really in it. I'm still thinking about how Micky Mellon's appointment won me £100 on SkyBet. I find it difficult to launch a fully committed attack on a club who have provided me with a small amount of happiness during a global pandemic.

18 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

In all honesty, my heart's not really in it. I'm still thinking about how Micky Mellon's appointment won me £100 on SkyBet. I find it difficult to launch a fully committed attack on a club who have provided me with a small amount of happiness during a global pandemic.

Aye but remember that one time, in Dundee...

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Having seen Shaun Rooney tormented by the likes of Paul McMullan over the last couple of years I really thought he was clumsily lumbering towards part time football.

Intrigued to see what our new Manchester City wonderkid can do.

Worth noting we have a highly rated young international star in the same position Rooney plays.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Worth noting we have a highly rated young international star in the same position Rooney plays.

Worth noting the person slating our defence supports a side with Mark Reynolds and Mark Connolly as their main centre backs.

6 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Callum Hendry will score more goals than Lawrence Shankland this season and St Johnstone will finish above Dundee United this season. £10 charity bet for any Arab who disagrees.

Aye if Shankland gets sold this transfer window maybe. Perfectly reasonable to expect St J to finish above Utd. But you never know.

I also feel Callum Hendry will be smashing a fair few goals in this season and grabbing a lot of headlines.  He is like an up and coming Alan Shearer in his all action style and confidence. 

With a rejuvenated JOH and Conway supplying him, double figures by Xmas.

That's goal tally, and bids in millions of pounds.

Shankland obviously comes with a massive head reputation, interesting to see how he does this season. The Man City player could potentially be a great signing for the Dundees, but can't think of anyone else out of their journeyman squad that I would want at Saints.

Do they have anyone else who's decent?

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I also feel Callum Hendry will be smashing a fair few goals in this season and grabbing a lot of headlines.  He is like an up and coming Alan Shearer in his all action style and confidence. 

With a rejuvenated JOH and Conway supplying him, double figures by Xmas.

That's goal tally, and bids in millions of pounds.

Shankland obviously comes with a massive head reputation, interesting to see how he does this season. The Man City player could potentially be a great signing for the Dundees, but can't think of anyone else out of their journeyman squad that I would want at Saints.

Don't forget Tanto. 

Having forgotten about his existence entirely earlier today, I'm now firmly on the Tantowagon. He's good for a dozen goals at least. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Callum Hendry will score more goals than Lawrence Shankland this season and St Johnstone will finish above Dundee United this season. £10 charity bet for any Arab who disagrees.

I’ll take you up on that.  

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ll take you up on that.  

Good man. Let's say the competition is void if either player moves elsewhere during the current transfer window.

If either player moves elsewhere during the January transfer window, the winner will be whoever has scored the most goals at that point (if their team is also higher in the league at that point). Same rule applies if the league is cancelled at any point from January onwards.

If Lawrence Shankland scores more goals than Callum Hendry, but St Johnstone are above Dundee United in the league, there is no winner. And vice versa.

Are you happy with these rules, Mr Danger?

Edited by The Real Saints

35 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The presumably have a raft of young promising players who are on the cusp of tearing this league apart.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Good man. Let's say the competition is void if either player moves elsewhere during the current transfer window.

If either player moves elsewhere during the January transfer window, the winner will be whoever has scored the most goals at that point (if their team is also higher in the league at that point). Same rule applies if the league is cancelled at any point from January onwards.

If Lawrence Shankland scores more goals than Callum Hendry, but St Johnstone are above Dundee United in the league, there is no winner. And vice versa.

Are you happy with these rules, Mr Danger?

Nope.  I’ll go with the wording of your original post.

If it helps at all my charity is itinerant, third rate PORG musicians, so you shouldn’t have to part with any cash.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The presumably have a raft of young promising players who are on the cusp of tearing this league apart.

There must be something there as they seem fairly confident.

Its nice to see a plucky wee team coming up from the lower leagues keen to make an impression on the big stage, but at the same time it's important they know their place and show some respect to the established top sides in the country.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Nope.  I’ll go with the wording of your original post.

If it helps at all my charity is itinerant, third rate PORG musicians, so you shouldn’t have to part with any cash.

Interesting. I'm fine with that as I feel it benefits me more than you. Do I envisage Lawrence Shankland staying at Dundee United all season? Only if he completely flops. Either way, Callum will score more goals.

I would tell you my charity of choice, but you'd probably forget by the end of the day and I can't be bothered repeating myself constantly. I will let you know the chosen charity in a few months' time so you can include a £10 payment to them in your will.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Interesting. I'm fine with that as I feel it benefits me more than you. Do I envisage Lawrence Shankland staying at Dundee United all season? Only if he completely flops. Either way, Callum will score more goals.

I would tell you my charity of choice, but you'd probably forget by the end of the day and I can't be bothered repeating myself constantly. I will let you know the chosen charity in a few months' time so you can include a £10 payment to them in your will.

According to the wording that I bet on, Shankland’s goals will count wherever he is playing and unless Hendry scores more goals than him AND St Johnstone finish above United then I win.

As for the will; only the good die young.  I will outlive everyone on P&B.

Hendry was scoring at a higher rate than all of Griffiths, Morelos and Edouard last season.

His "goals per minute" ratio was better than Shankland, despite playing in a higher tier and in a less dominant side.

Dundee United fans are probably so dense they won't even know who he is.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hendry was scoring at a higher rate than all of Griffiths, Morelos and Edouard last season.

His "goals per minute" ratio was better than Shankland, despite playing in a higher tier and in a less dominant side.

Dundee United fans are probably so dense they won't even know who he is.

He is the former Scotland central defender know as Braveheart? 

49 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Don't forget Tanto. 

Having forgotten about his existence entirely earlier today, I'm now firmly on the Tantowagon. He's good for a dozen goals at least. 

Yes looking forward to seeing him play as well.

The option of him and Hendry up front together for the last 20 minutes of matches bullying defences left right and centre is quite appealing.  Tanto looks an absolute unit.

Its amazing how excited you can get about a loan signing you've never seen play.. we've been here before once or twice, but it doesn't diminish the optimism!