Dundee Utd v St Johnstone

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Does Tanser still take St Johnstone's penalties (for an anytime bet)? 

He took the one at Aberdeen in our friendly but was off them before that after a miss (or two). May was back on them but I'm never convinced by him as a taker, although he did score the best penalty I've ever seen in the FC Luzern shoot-out. 

Tanser also takes free-kicks and scored one at Pittodrie too. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Also good at free kicks, if he plays which isn't guaranteed. 

I think Booth has maybe missed some of pre-season. CD spoke about him and Davidson needing the game time against St Mirren. 

I think Tanser will start. 

23 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think Booth has maybe missed some of pre-season. CD spoke about him and Davidson needing the game time against St Mirren. 

I think Tanser will start. 

So do I, think he might go with 3 at back with Rooney/McNamara and Tanser wing backs. Although I'm  not sure if Danny is any good going forward, we may find out he is a star in the making. It's the attacking players who I have no clue about, quite a few options for attacking midfielders and forwards. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Not like you can leave early if it is!

Exactly haha. But there's always hope. It's a good tie on paper though, first game back, new managers; a lot of ingredients for some excitement. 

And streaming it on a per view basis brings a novelty factor, so we shall but see. 

17 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

As Tommy Wright has recently stated, Dundee United are a one-man team. What Tommy neglected to mention is the indisputable fact that this 'one man' has already been outed as a complete flop at the top level of Scottish football. In short, Dundee United will probably get relegated in a month's time when the second wave begins and the season is called early.

This is pretty poor by your normal standards.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Dear Lord, if Callum Booth is the Johnnies first choice left back I can't wait to see what this Tanser is like.

In a 4 we prefer Booth, in a 3/5 we prefer Tanser.

Booth hasn't let us down so far, clearly plays better with competent players around him.

Edited by tree house tam

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Both of his penalties in that game were brilliant, but that was when he was brimming with confidence. Prior to that game and since that game i tend to agree I’m not convinced by him as a penalty taker. 

The amount of penalties we’ve missed in the last couple of years shows how handy it would be to have someone reliable and consistent from the spot. 

I would be happy to let Hendry have a go when he is on the pitch. Not because I’ve seen him take penalties but he is always confident in front of goal and as you hinted at with May that’s a big thing. 

1 minute ago, Bose said:

I would be happy to let Hendry have a go when he is on the pitch. Not because I’ve seen him take penalties but he is always confident in front of goal and as you hinted at with May that’s a big thing. 

Hendry's the type of player who'd try and rabona it and miss, but then end up scoring a hattrick of bicycle kicks. 

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is that the equivalent of a "FUCKIN' BOOOO!!!" As you shuffle along the row to the stairs.

If only the still did floppy discs. Could have pretended it was my season ticket and launched it sat the screen.

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Getting a bit worried now. Sounds like there's a touch of Barca 2009 going on with the Johnnies. Callum Booth and Shaun Rooney taking the Abidal and Alves roles respectively. Murray Davidson as Sergio Biscuit knees.

Ah it’s been a few years since we’ve been patronised like this. In fact the last time I heard a Utd fan reference the 2009 Barca team it was in connection with their 2014 cup final team.

Edited by Bose