Czech Republic v Scotland

43 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This is the worst yet ffs

21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s a joke, I mean it’s got to be a joke, surely?...

That line up was absolute sauce. The streets will never forget that team.

27 minutes ago, Jedi said:

However.....if we were to finish 2nd in the group, and the Czechs either win their 'normal' group, or finish runners-up, are we back in the hunt for a play-off spot/promotion?

No, it's group winners only for the WC qualifiers.

36 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Hence why i swapped him out. My team is as below

IMG_3448.jpg

I like the look of this one. Would maybe try Armstrong left and Christie (or Forrest) on the right though. Fleck isn't as good deep as he is in the 10 role, but I think he's capable.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The manager has been announced as David Holoubek. Don't know much about him but after a quick google,  hes been a coach for 20 years at various levels of Spartas youth and first team and has had brief spells as a manger. 

EhPrLCkXcAEW464.thumb.jpg.04a154ca12a95fa2fba29951c9dd8d37.jpg

Markovic is a 19 year old keeper on the books of Slavia, he has played for the first team twice and has kept two clean sheets. 

That's really not a terrible squad. Every one of those guys can play. I wouldn't be surprised if they're better than Kazakhstan, and they'll be motivated AF.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Strong Slovakia v Denmark vibes from a couple of years ago when the Danes had to have a squad of non-league and futsal players due to the Danish FA and the players having a fall out.

Not quite the same though - Denmark fielded a team made up of semi-professionals and amateurs; that Czech squad are all proper footballers.

UEFA should have made Denmark pay Slovakia compensation for that match, it was a total waste of their time and an insult to their fans. Denmark should have forfeited, but because they didn't Slovakia were forced to play one of the daftest friendlies ever.

I would go: Marshall; Palmer, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson; McTominay, Fleck; Armstrong, McGinn, Christie; Dykes.

Get back to what we have done best over the last 7 years and encourage plenty of attacking play out wide, get Robertson in his best position, get Fleck and Armstrong into the team to see what they can do and try to attack the new Czech team and get the win. If we do, it would be 4 points from 6 which would be a point ahead of where I thought we might be and would nullify Friday's horror show.

Hopefully Clarke will admit his error and revert to his preferred 4 at the back but who knows.

its important to note that the nations league is a bit of a dead rubber for non Division A groups in world cup qualifying..

The second round (play-offs) will be contested by the ten group runners-up and the best two Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group.

different story for uefa championships though.

Edited by greenockraver

Guest DAVIDB69
its important to not that the nations league is a bit of a dead rubber for non Division A groups in world cup qualiiying..

The second round (play-offs) will be contested by the ten group runners-up and the best two Nations League group winners, based on the Nations League overall ranking, that finished outside the top two of their qualifying group.

The likes of Iceland may hugely benefit from this

its important to note that the nations league is a bit of a dead rubber for non Division A groups in world cup qualifying..  

different story for uefa championships though.

"Nations League group winners" is the important part.It wont be a dead rubber when Netherlands, Belgium, France and Spain for example, win their NL groups and their WC quali groups too. Then we're right in the mix (assuming we pull off an upset and top the group).

Looking at the groups just now, it wouldn't be a surprise if a team in League C takes a playoff spot.

In terms of the team for tonight I want some long term consistencly in the lineup and formation. If Clarke wants another option with 3atb then fine but it should be used sparingly with only a few tweaks to the lineup, allowing the players to get used to being on the pitch together. McTominay playing as a CB, then CM and then back on the bench, while Tierney goes from CB to RB and then back to CB in a different formation is useless.

I know f**k all about football tactics but the one thing I do know is consistency helps. Get Tierney in a position you like and keep him there. Don't confuse things even further by finding another position for McTominay.

Really wish we would stop shoehorning players into positions to suit 2 players.

Tierney left centre back in a 2 with Cooper for me if not then McKenna and Cooper and drop Tierney to the bench and get Robertson actually playing left back.