OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

57 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Good to hear that wee Connor Smith has singed a new deal - hope he gets a run of games to show whether he can do it for us.  

I hope his contract was retrieved before it went totally up in flames. 

I'm enjoying the coach chat.

Supporters pissed off about the lack of communication from Naismith,  while the club are actively avoiding any chat from Naismith for fear of making him look like our head coach, and inviting punishment from UEFA. 

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Well, a bit gutted to miss out on Levitt as I think he'd fill a gap in our squad. That said, if he is on £7k/week* as is rumoured, that would be waaaay above our; existing wage ceiling (general consensus is that it's Craig G on £4k/wk)

*I kinda refuse to believe that this is true 

13 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I've totally checked out of it all. I imagine that when we get knocked out of Europe Naismith will formally assume the title of manager.....

They can't and they won't.

11 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Well, a bit gutted to miss out on Levitt as I think he'd fill a gap in our squad. That said, if he is on £7k/week* as is rumoured, that would be waaaay above our; existing wage ceiling (general consensus is that it's Craig G on £4k/wk)

*I kinda refuse to believe that this is true 

You think that Shankland moved to Hearts for a salary lower than £200k p.a.?

Accurate details of players incomes are hard to come by and even if the numbers we get are true we generally don't know whether that's before bonuses, on target earnings, or a theoretical maximum.

My suspicion is that given that United could afford him Levitt would also be within Hearts price range but the kind of money that we'd need to have a long hard think before spending and might be better spending on someone else

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Accurate details of players incomes are hard to come by and even if the numbers we get are true we generally don't know whether that's before bonuses, on target earnings, or a theoretical maximum.

My suspicion is that given that United could afford him Levitt would also be within Hearts price range but the kind of money that we'd need to have a long hard think before spending and might be better spending on someone else

Yes it sounds as though Hibs value him higher than Hearts. Time will tell if it's the correct call.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Yes it sounds as though Hibs value him higher than Hearts. Time will tell if it's the correct call.

Fans of the handful of big "global brand" clubs can get really stressed out about potentially missing out on individual players. Bayern Munich need to sign a new world class striker. There's probably only about 20 players good enough to do that job on the planet and most of them aren't currently available so if a deal fails to happen it's a big issue

Many shelves down, at the kind of price bracket that we Hibs and Aberdeen have to shop at, there's a lot more options

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

The Belgians played Shankland at right back, mind - daft c***s. 

If he was played at right back his 5 in 26 would be an incredible return. First 3 results I found show him playing upfront. 

12 hours ago, gazelle83 said:

Remember shankland was a total flop in Belgium.  I doubt he's on anything like 200k. 

He had the wages of a £1m player though over there.  Why would he move to the gunts for buttons?

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

He had the wages of a £1m player though over there.  Why would he move to the gunts for buttons?

'Gunts', I've not read that since I was banned from Hibs net many years ago. 😂