OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

But it's what we already give you, so doing it to everyone bar Hibs means it's only affecting two other clubs who for some reason got over double that.

Aye - I was meaning that it already affects other teams today - we sell out our allocation every time as far as I know (and would easily bring 1000+ for those games) and I'm sure Killie and St Mirren do too. Rangers, Celtic or Aberdeen aren't special here.

11 hours ago, Leith Green said:

They reduced allocations  for other teams last season, all they have done is include Celtic and your lot for the banter.

Quite amusing to see the seethe really.....

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Well done Jambo fans for the constant strong support putting your club in a position to be able to do this.

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I salute you c***s.  That doesn't happen much. 

Well played.  Get it the self-righteous fuckers.

When the notifications bar informed me that you three had quickly jumped on this thread I assumed there must be some bad news on it

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

If the away section is the same size every time then they can possibly put a physical barrier in place that wouldn't waste so many seats giving us a little bit of extra capacity

20161216_Tynecastle-900x520.jpg

There may even be visiting clubs where even the more excitable fans can be trusted with those seats in the bottom corner that are usually closed off (not you Motherwell)

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

17 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

When the notifications bar informed me that you three had quickly jumped on this thread I assumed there must be some bad news on it

Dinnae worry, we will get back to discussing hearts "first team management structure" soon enough m9 

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I think it would be something Rangers could look at to be fair. Realistically, not many teams sell out their current Ibrox allocation (for various reasons as I alluded to before) so I think introducing a 5% minimum away attendance wouldn't really impact us much for the vast majority of home games. 

All sounds good in theory.

But how would Rangers accommodate around 2,500 away fans within the current stadium structure? The corner and a strip or two in the Broomloan? How does the segregation work?

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I hate the fact that there are a number of clubs reducing the allocation for away fans. 

Home support must be looked after first.  Our problem is the stadium capacity is too small.

22 minutes ago, Darren said:

All sounds good in theory.

But how would Rangers accommodate around 2,500 away fans within the current stadium structure? The corner and a strip or two in the Broomloan? How does the segregation work?

Yep, it would mirror our European allocations (where I believe UEFA rules dictate a minimum of 5% away allocation).

The picture below would likely be how it would be accommodated.

IMG_1131.jpeg

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I think it would be something Rangers could look at to be fair. Realistically, not many teams sell out their current Ibrox allocation (for various reasons as I alluded to before) so I think introducing a 5% minimum away attendance wouldn't really impact us much for the vast majority of home games. 

Both Edinburgh clubs generally get about 800 tickets for Ibrox and similar for Parkhead. But outwith cup games it's been a long time since either Hearts or Hibs travelled in big numbers to either side of the Glasgow divide. 

There is little incentive to do so. The result is usually a foregone conclusion and as a fan you are treated atrociously by the Police and the generally brainless stadium stewards who see to be on a power trip.

The "experience" at the stadium isn't much better and at Parkhead you end up behind a pillar. And then you have the post game delight of getting back to your car often through the hoardes of home fans, a handful of whom won't think twice about taking a cheap shot at a lone away fan (they're never brave enough to have a go at a group of fans) and hoping your car has survived being vandalised by the maurading gangs of wee neds who seem to float around on match days. 

Such a delight.

13 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Wasn't the average attendance last season about 1k less then capacity?

I've no idea how they count the attendances, but I do know that the Ticket Exchange was opened up for almost every game. The ticket Exchange only kicks in when the number of available home tickets for sale is incredibly low, you're talking single figures.

Edited by Mr. X

15 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Both Edinburgh clubs generally get about 800 tickets for Ibrox and similar for Parkhead. But outwith cup games it's been a long time since either Hearts or Hibs travelled in big numbers to either side of the Glasgow divide. 

There is little incentive to do so. The result is usually a foregone conclusion and as a fan you are treated atrociously by the Police and the generally brainless stadium stewards who see to be on a power trip.

The "experience" at the stadium isn't much better and at Parkhead you end up behind a pillar. And then you have the post game delight of getting back to your car often through the hoardes of home fans, a handful of whom won't think twice about taking a cheap shot at a lone away fan (they're never brave enough to have a go at a group of fans) and hoping your car has survived being vandalised by the maurading gangs of wee neds who seem to float around on match days. 

Such a delight.

Yep, that’s generally the reasons I was getting at and why I don’t think it would impact us too much for the majority of matches if a minimum attendance % was introduced.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Home support must be looked after first.  Our problem is the stadium capacity is too small.

Scottish football already eats itself enough with this sort of look after ourselves attitude. 5% is f**k all in the grander scheme of things, any club who says they can't facilitate it is at 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Scottish football already eats itself enough with this sort of look after ourselves attitude. 5% is f**k all in the grander scheme of things, any club who says they can't facilitate it is at 

Combine that with a flat fee for away tickets of say £20 and we might even sell out 5% of Celtic Park.

1 minute ago, Mr. X said:

Combine that with a flat fee for away tickets of say £20 and we might even sell out 5% of Celtic Park.

I would be for something like it but given it costs extra to have more away fans generally and that our demand for away tickets is pretty inelastic the cash would effect the smaller clubs so I cant see many going for a price that low.

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Personally I think we need to finally establish a minimum away %age for the whole league, with a premise it gets cut back if tickets aren't sold by a certain date before game. I quite like having a decent whack of away fans at CP myself, place was a bit more stale when weren't  dishing out out any tail end of Covid restrictions. Was debating whether to start a thread about allocations but it would just descend in to 'ArSe ChEeKs' retort with little actual proper discussion.

Hilarious.

Soo..... No new signing yet. To be honest I'd rather we signed good new players which is a step up. As the league table said at the end of last season, there's not loads between Hearts/Aberdeen, and Hibs. To move ahead we'd need a Shankland-esque signing in a key area.... Probably goal-scoring midfielder, a CB and some pace 

3 hours ago, Swello said:

I wonder how true that is honestly. Hearts is a popular away trip generally and so with the likely exception of Livi and County (St Johnstone maybe?) - would every other team not take 650+ away supporters? 

Im fairly sure Saints always sell out the away allocation at Tynecastle.

We just get the "the bottom tier is closed for maintenance, so youll have to go in the more expensive upper tier im afraid" treatment so it looks emptier.