OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 08/07/2023 at 20:48, DC92 said:

Cheers. Although are they all that different based on that?  Aside from McGrath being better at ball carrying and slightly more creative, but less "goal threat"?

I'm not sure how it might affect the numbers, but I think Grant mostly played CM for us rather than his preferred attacking midfield. Which is my main problem, I don't really see where either of them fit in.

Ultimately we're replacing a squad player who didn't play if everyone else was available with another squad player who probably won't  play if everybody else is available.

This isn't going to fix everything that's wrong but it's not going to ruin everything that's right

On 08/07/2023 at 20:29, RandomGuy. said:

Better than Grant, IMO, even if you exclude penalties.

mcgrath.thumb.png.42cc6fbc6197ccb0f3a295c40689a4a2.png

It would be interesting to see McGrath's stats from arguably his "best" performing season with us.

Any time I saw him he looked a shadow of the player he was with us.

Although, my perception may well be skewed given how important he was for us.

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Ultimately we're replacing a squad player who didn't play if everyone else was available with another squad player who probably won't  play if everybody else is available.

This isn't going to fix everything that's wrong but it's not going to ruin everything that's right

If it's Kio you're talking about, I don't really see McGrath as being similar. Can he play CM in a two? I think that's an area we need to add another player.

If it's Grant, my biggest issue with him is that he doesn't fit into the team. I don't see the point in replacing him with a similar player who probably isn't much better (if at all) especially given he's got two years left. If he is leaving, it'd make more sense to me to reinvest his wage in more needy areas of the squad or in types of player who fit the style of play better.

The rumour was probably a load of shite anyway.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Celtic fans in particular taking it well online. Excellent. 

"ITS UNFAIR FANS ARENT ALLOWED TO WATCH THEIR TEAM AWAY FROM HOME", scream the fans of a club who charge 500 away fans £30 to see one end of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Poor show not giving them the 3 stands in my opinion (IMO).

I hope we don't even sell out to really annoy them.

f**k knows why they think they deserve more than the other clubs get. Well I do know, it's a grotesque sense of self entitlement but get it round them.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

"ITS UNFAIR FANS ARENT ALLOWED TO WATCH THEIR TEAM AWAY FROM HOME", scream the fans of a club who charge 500 away fans £30 to see one end of the pitch.

Quite. Greeting about it while ignoring the fact it's still about double what they give us % wise.

Rather than frame it as "old firm allocation is slashed", why not have "Home club accommodates more fans".

32 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Celtic fans in particular taking it well online. Excellent. 

At least they won't be telling you that financial ruin is just round the corner because of their reduced numbers.

We must have the smallest allocation for the Old Firm supporters in the top league, so proud.  Almost thirty Hearts fans for every arse cheek supporter...fucking glorious.

40 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hearts aiming to make Tynecastle a fortress this season. 

They reduced allocations  for other teams last season, all they have done is include Celtic and your lot for the banter.

Quite amusing to see the seethe really.....