OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

13 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He's still only 28 and played regular football pretty much since he left us. I'm not expecting him to suddenly be shite, though I do think he'll be a different type of player.

Looked like he was struggling the last few times I've seen him.

2 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Yeah you're right, he's no Shay Logan is he

Ok. Weirdo.

Paterson was a fantastic RB in his previous spell, and as I've said before, was integral to the way we played then. However, I know he did a bit of central midfield grunt work at Cardiff, but has become a hump-it-up huddy at Sheffield Wednesday? I think the ship has sailed for him to be Scotland's first choice RB, but if he can re-learn the role it would be good for us. He was honking when he last played that for the National Team though.

As an aside - when he first broke into the team he played up front.....

Also, what's the story about Atkinson potentially going? Loan or permanent? I agree that he can't defend, and it was a bit of a shame he got binned in the WC for a fellow SPL player.

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm sure Shinnie will give the 'enforcer' a warm welcome next week...

As much as the "my dad would batter your dad" stuff is a bit immature, your smaller, weaker dad doesn't stand a chance here I'm afraid.

Anyway, most Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to think Paterson is pretty good and want him to stay but Aberdeen fans think he's struggling. Who to trust?

Edited by DC92

49 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Anyway, most Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to think Paterson is pretty good and want him to stay but Aberdeen fans think he's struggling. Who to trust?

I would trust the Sheffield Wednesday staff who want shot of him.

55 minutes ago, DC92 said:

As much as the "my dad would batter your dad" stuff is a bit immature, your smaller, weaker dad doesn't stand a chance here I'm afraid.

Please tell me that is a Craig Gordon tattoo on your avi.

Some of the fans of this wee provincial club from the northeast are absolutely foaming at the mouth these days. It must be hard to take being so far behind the capital big hitters, both on and off the pitch.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I would trust the Sheffield Wednesday staff who want shot of him.

Well, they're continuing to play him while the clubs negotiate a fee, so they're not gifting him to us.

He's also in the last 6 months of his contract and, by all accounts, wants to come back. That's not the strongest negotiating position to be in.

And while I've no idea if the rumours about a family illness are true, it underlines the point that the reasons for letting a player leave aren't always purely football-based. His Championship-sized wages have been cited by their fans a few times as well.

I don't think any of that contradicts the prevailing fan opinion that he's a useful player.

11 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Please tell me that is a Craig Gordon tattoo on your avi.

It is indeed. It's on this thread a couple of pages back.

Edited by DC92

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Some of the fans of this wee provincial club from the northeast are absolutely foaming at the mouth these days. It must be hard to take being so far behind the capital big hitters, both on and off the pitch.

A wee provincial club with more honours despite being formed 30 years after Hertz.

Hertz a tribute acts tribute act

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

I’ve posted this on our own thread, but feel that you need to see this. Read it and weep.

61A9A4DD-CEBF-46FB-A1E0-DE864823ACF4.png

7 hours ago, Dubford don said:

A wee provincial club with more honours despite being formed 30 years after Hertz.

Hertz a tribute acts tribute act

Yet none of that makes you a bigger club than Heart of Midlothian - good job!

55 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve posted this on our own thread, but feel that you need to see this. Read it and weep.

61A9A4DD-CEBF-46FB-A1E0-DE864823ACF4.png

Does this research paper on Scottish stadiums know where Barnsley FC (Oakwell) is? Sure looks like some cutting-edge research going on there.

Brockville doesn't even exist anymore but at least Pittodrie is keeping the spirit of absolute hovel stadia going. Maybe one day you'll be able to sell out your new 12,000-seater down on the beach/on the outskirts of Scotland's third city.