OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The fact that you're only one point ahead of the worst Aberdeen side in history should mortify all Hearts fans.

I think the 2010 Aberdeen team when we humiliated you 5-0 was worse for you lot. That game sent you to the bottom of the league. This seasons 5-0 game just made you look really shite, especially when it was followed up by a 6-0 pumping by Hibs.  At least this seasons Aberdeen team has avoided getting beat by Celtic 9-0 again.  👍

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is nowhere near the worst Aberdeen team in history. Jim Goodwin had an ok side criminally underperforming. 

Wait, are you allowed to sack underperforming managers?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wait, are you allowed to sack underperforming managers?

Only under extreme/hilarious circumstances like losing to pub teams or conceding 11 goals in a week in Edinburgh. 

These dreary 1-0 home defeats to us won’t cut it. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Only under extreme/hilarious circumstances like losing to pub teams or conceding 11 goals in a week in Edinburgh. 

These dreary 1-0 home defeats to us won’t cut it. 

Damn it.

Lost to Kelty, and drawn with Annan, in the past 12 months.

Even worse conceded 9 goals in 3 games v Hearts this season too.

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is important to keep in mind. Back in the summer this would have been seen as a good position to be in at this point.

With the remaining fixtures, we should be fine. But it's not unreasonable to have doubts about what's ahead.

Aberdeen and Hibs turned their corners eventually. We need to turn ours against St. Mirren otherwise we're in bother. We should aim to win at least 7 points before the split. 

18 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If only Rangers and Fiorentina had been a bit more ruthless in October.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Third best squad on paper @Jacksgranda which shows how far off it Jim was.

Debatable, to say the least.

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

To be honest, I think it's a more than OK side. Third best squad on paper @Jacksgranda which shows how far off it Jim was.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Debatable, to say the least.

But not too far off.

Calmer heads might think that Aberdeen on Hearts shoulder in the chase for 3rd is a state of affairs that isn't actually all that embarrassing for either party

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Must admit, I’m absolutely loving the misplaced arrogance of all the Jambos and Dandies on here, in completely ignoring the potential threat of St. Mirren to their 3rd place aspirations. 
Let’s see how the land lies after Saturday. 

We'd maybe take you a little more serious, but somehow you've won less games on the road this season than a side who physically can't play outwith an EH postcode, and that's the crux.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Must admit, I’m absolutely loving the misplaced arrogance of all the Jambos and Dandies on here, in completely ignoring the potential threat of St. Mirren to their 3rd place aspirations. 

St Mirren fans have such a complex. 

This ‘arrogance’ has largely been fans arguing over who it would be more embarrassing for to finish below the other. 

59 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

We'd maybe take you a little more serious, but somehow you've won less games on the road this season than a side who physically can't play outwith an EH postcode, and that's the crux.

Like I said mate, we’ll see how the land lies after Saturday. If you think our chances of winning are so remote that’s up to you, but the two matches already this season would suggest there is very little if anything between the two sides. Hence why I felt we might be worthy of a little more respect. If Hearts win I’ll happily accept our chances of 3rd are over and that ultimately you were right all along. 

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

St Mirren fans have such a complex. 

This ‘arrogance’ has largely been fans arguing over who it would be more embarrassing for to finish below the other. 

The fact that was largely this basis of your argument is neither here nor there. The arrogance comes from the assumption that you are the only two teams in the hunt. 
That said, go back a few weeks and the Jambos were so arrogant they thought they were the ONLY team in the hunt. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If I were the kind of person to enjoy misplaced arrogance I'd love the idea of St Mirren fans ignoring the potential threat of another Bottom 6 finish and focussing on 3rd place aspirations.

St Mirren (41 pts): Hearts (a), Rangers(a), Kilmarnock(h)
Livingston (39 pts): Motherwell(a), St Johnstone(h), Dundee United(a)

But I'm not that kind of person, so Good for you!

You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream then how you going to make a dream come true?

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Like I said mate, we’ll see how the land lies after Saturday. If you think our chances of winning are so remote that’s up to you, but the two matches already this season would suggest there is very little if anything between the two sides. Hence why I felt we might be worthy of a little more respect. If Hearts win I’ll happily accept our chances of 3rd are over and that ultimately you were right all along. 

Tbh I don't think you're chances are that remote at all. We're utterly gash at the moment. I was just humouring you really. St Mirren are having a great season and tbf, I'd be happy to see you guys get a crack at Europe in any capacity.

But unfortunately for the Buddies, your away form has been just not good enough thus far, and with the split on the horizon, its hard to see you picking up a lot more points on the road than what you already have. Same can be said for my lot too tbh. If we didn't shite ourselves the minute we left Edinburgh, we'd be a lot more comfortable in 3rd place.

Both clubs are ultimately where they are on account of their home form. I personally don't think you lads will get 3rd, or maybe even 4th but 5th is definitely up for grabs which should be enough for Europe and that would still be an incredible season for St Mirren. But you're right. 3 points at Tynecastle on Saturday and who knows?

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If I were the kind of person to enjoy misplaced arrogance I'd love the idea of St Mirren fans ignoring the potential threat of another Bottom 6 finish and focussing on 3rd place aspirations.

St Mirren (41 pts): Hearts (a), Rangers(a), Kilmarnock(h)
Livingston (39 pts): Motherwell(a), St Johnstone(h), Dundee United(a)

But I'm not that kind of person, so Good for you!

You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream then how you going to make a dream come true?

That puts us in the same boat then doesn’t it, because I wouldn’t display that level of arrogance either. 
As a St. Mirren supporter of most of my 57 years, I’m well aware of that distinct possibility.

Not sure where you’d have got it from that I thought differently? Would it be because I dared to suggest that there is also a possibility we could finish 3rd? Imagine me even considering that possibility. 🙄

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Tbh I don't think you're chances are that remote at all. We're utterly gash at the moment. I was just humouring you really. St Mirren are having a great season and tbf, I'd be happy to see you guys get a crack at Europe in any capacity.

But unfortunately for the Buddies, your away form has been just not good enough thus far, and with the split on the horizon, its hard to see you picking up a lot more points on the road than what you already have. Same can be said for my lot too tbh. If we didn't shite ourselves the minute we left Edinburgh, we'd be a lot more comfortable in 3rd place.

Both clubs are ultimately where they are on account of their home form. I personally don't think you lads will get 3rd, or maybe even 4th but 5th is definitely up for grabs which should be enough for Europe and that would still be an incredible season for St Mirren. But you're right. 3 points at Tynecastle on Saturday and who knows?

Good post mate. I guess all I was saying is that if you think there’s a chance we could win on Saturday, then surely we also ought to be considered potentially for 3rd place given that we’d only be a point behind you and still to play you at home after the split. 
Especially given that other than a minor slip up at the start of the season, we’ve pretty much owned Aberdeen this season. 😀
Like I say though, if we lose (or probably even draw) on Saturday, then we can forget about that 👍