OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

53 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I can see it from the outside point of view, and Hearts aren't the most popular club at the best of times, so it never really bothered me.

From knowing someone on the inside you got the good news and the bad. It's true there was excess and some dreadful decision-making, but a lot of the go-to rumours at the time about wages and packages for certain players etc were wildly exaggerated. The view of those on the inside at the time that I knew was that Hearts could really do something under Vlad if they had a strong decision maker who knew the game and could win Vlad's trust. But Vlad never trusted anyone.

Ultimately, without Vlad Hearts were heading off to Murrayfield to dwindling crowds, no asset to borrow against, no home stadium, no real prospect of getting one, and the real prospect of a rapid decline. We had a right laugh, won a couple of cups, and bought time to get the circumstances right (luckily) to ultimately end up in the best shape we've been in off the pitch in the lifetime of most Hearts fans.

If you account for inflation the clubs debts were roughly the same in real terms at the end of the Romanov Era as at the End of the Robinson Era

That's not to absolve Vlad of all culpability for the existential threat that we faced 10 years ago but people who apportion the entire blame on Romanov for not resolving that problem are effectively excusing Robinson for creating it

Luckily we can all look back and laugh now

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If you account for inflation the clubs debts were roughly the same in real terms at the end of the Romanov Era as at the End of the Robinson Era

That's not to absolve Vlad of all culpability for the existential threat that we faced 10 years ago but people who apportion the entire blame on Romanov for not resolving that problem are effectively excusing Robinson for creating it

Luckily we can all look back and laugh now

The way I view it is that Vlad inherited the existential threat and basically just carried it for a decade until we got round it.

Luck rather than judgement, but Vlad is the reason Hearts are still going in the form we are and playing at Tynecastle.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The way I view it is that Vlad inherited the existential threat and basically just carried it for a decade until we got round it.

Luck rather than judgement, but Vlad is the reason Hearts are still going in the form we are and playing at Tynecastle.

Not having 3rd place sewn up already by the end of March is annoying but we've dealt with far worse

Well, that's the international break over, with touch wood, no additional injuries.

Hopefully Robbie will have watched that match and seen how it is possible to set up and motivate a team to beat one that is, on paper, better.

Unfortunately I fear he will see it as vindication of his 3-4-3....

6 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Well, that's the international break over, with touch wood, no additional injuries.

Hopefully Robbie will have watched that match and seen how it is possible to set up and motivate a team to beat one that is, on paper, better.

Unfortunately I fear he will see it as vindication of his 3-4-3....

It's a similar situation to Scotland is it not? If not 3 at the back how does he fit Cochrane and Kingsley into the team?

18 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's a similar situation to Scotland is it not? If not 3 at the back how does he fit Cochrane and Kingsley into the team?

He could play any of the other formations that include three centre halves.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I really hoped this would happen 😂 a few Jambos must be feeling a wee bit sheepish right now 

We're very charitable, looking to help you forget, if only for a brief moment, that your rivals are going to win the treble this season.   

8 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Next up.....

_112335083_19908857-1.jpg

A HUGE game next week now for us. What an opportunity after today's results. I've gone from dreaming of top 6 to thinking beat the Wateries and third is possible.  Tickets bought and counting down the minutes.

Quick question, has there been any discussion of if Scott McGill will be offered a new contract? I would assume you’d want to at least offer to protect development fees, but I can’t see any discussion anywhere.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Paging Joe Savage…

An absolute shambles from the diets that we’re now only a point behind 

We’ve had a shit season lads, you should be mortified 

A couple of weeks ago I was quite happy ripping it into hearts as I didn’t think we were serious contenders for 3rd. I’m not sure we are yet but now that we’re 1 point behind I feel obliged to take it a bit more seriously. 

But your point is correct, being only 1 point ahead of us, for all of the bluster that’s come out of hearts in the past year, is very, very funny.