OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

This is because Hearts fans generally are delusional and seem to think they are some massive club, hence pulling the trigger as they seem to be embarrassed by losing to little St Mirren (even though we are the only domestic team to beat Celtic this season and have also won all the really important games against Hearts, well, ever).

I remember when I started supporting Saints in the late 70's and early 80's we'd be disappointed to play Hearts and not win by at least 4.

4th in the league is a very good season for you.

I was in the shop today and the boy in the shop was telling me his phone was always beeping all day with the texts.

Robbie had fallen out with Gordon, Robbie had fallen out with Ginnelly, with Shankland, with Atkinson, with Cochrane. Gordon not allowed in the dressing room, others players being played out of position, others will never play for Hearts again, other not signing a new contract because he was manager.

It had all gone wrong. 

Some of the texts might have been pish mind but As delusional as we are he had to get tae f**k. 

Worth finding out if Naismith has something, imo - if not, get someone in in the summer.

It does sound as though some players may have been causing problems, but I expect Neilson is at least partly responsible for at least some of that.

To paraphrase Billy Brown, get rid of the arseholes - there will come a time when they will let you down - get them away tae f**k. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

This is because Hearts fans generally are delusional and seem to think they are some massive club, hence pulling the trigger as they seem to be embarrassed by losing to little St Mirren (even though we are the only domestic team to beat Celtic this season and have also won all the really important games against Hearts, well, ever).

I remember when I started supporting Saints in the late 70's and early 80's we'd be disappointed to play Hearts and not win by at least 4.

4th in the league is a very good season for you.

Aye mate, it's all about St Mirren

49 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Worth finding out if Naismith has something, imo - if not, get someone in in the summer.

It does sound as though some players may have been causing problems, but I expect Neilson is at least partly responsible for at least some of that.

To paraphrase Billy Brown, get rid of the arseholes - there will come a time when they will let you down - get them away tae f**k. 

Screen-Shot-2016-10-27-at-121955.png

3 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't think I've genuinely seen a single Hearts fan say it was the wrong move,

I’ve said that I’d have given him a bit more time but I can totally understand and respect the other point of view and its not something I’m upset about 

The fact that this makes me a total Robbie Fanboy by comparison to general Jambo sentiment pretty much confirms your more general point 

Naismith the player, when things were going well, seemed to not just deliver good performances but made those around him look better so it seems eminently plausible that he could do a decent job running things from the sidelines 

As a hearts player he wasn’t dissimilar to Snodgrass now.  He’d played at a far higher level and it showed but time was catching up with him and that showed.

obviously I’d have preferred Neil McFarlane, just as any right thinking person would, but I’m happy to give Naismith the topcat seal of approval 

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I was in the shop today and the boy in the shop was telling me his phone was always beeping all day with the texts.

Robbie had fallen out with Gordon, Robbie had fallen out with Ginnelly, with Shankland, with Atkinson, with Cochrane. Gordon not allowed in the dressing room, others players being played out of position, others will never play for Hearts again, other not signing a new contract because he was manager.

It had all gone wrong. 

Some of the texts might have been pish mind but As delusional as we are he had to get tae f**k. 

I’m not saying this story isn’t true. Im just saying it’s the kind of rumors you’d expect to surface regardless of whether it happened or not.

That said if people were all getting along as jolly chums amidst that run of results it would be more worrying than if they were getting angry

This is probably one for future  hearts Historians to decode when they’ve finished figuring out everything that  happened in the Romanov Era. But I expect I’ll be dead by then

48 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

... I'd  have preferred Neil McFarlane, just as any right thinking person would ...

Yeah, think MacFarlane would be a great choice (loved the big guy when at Palmy) but he must be on a nice cushy number down at Brentford, no doubt well paid and without the stress, hassle and risk of a front line job. You never know though, he may have aspirations to be his own man.

Naismith to the end of the season was always the sensible choice though.

Edited by Otis Blue

8 hours ago, bennett said:

4th in the league and 2 points behind 3rd with everything still to play for, does seem a bit strange.  Has he had a lot of injuries to deal with or lost the dressing room?

Should you sack Beale because you are further behind Celtic than when he took over??

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think the fact Michael Stewart is in the press moaning about the decision shows its 100% the right move.

Just caught up with the podcast. His claim that it's a 'section' of the support who wanted Neilson out is extremely misguided and the kind of thing only a mate of Robbie would say. Unless by 'section' he means 'almost all'.

I think I know one Hearts fan who didn't want him punted.

I still maintain that for whatever reason, Robbie has always had his haters who would never be pleased with him. Same when he was a player - great club servant, as soon as Ibby Tall appeared people wanted rid. 

I also think he is a good manager.

However it was clear of late that something needed to change. Whether or not that was sacking him, I don't know.

For the sake of posterity and a future "I told you so", I worry we have made a decision we will regret like in his first spell 

1 minute ago, Stylish Kid said:

I still maintain that for whatever reason, Robbie has always had his haters who would never be pleased with him. Same when he was a player - great club servant, as soon as Ibby Tall appeared people wanted rid. 

I also think he is a good manager.

However it was clear of late that something needed to change. Whether or not that was sacking him, I don't know.

For the sake of posterity and a future "I told you so", I worry we have made a decision we will regret like in his first spell 

I was in the 'give him until the end of season' camp' and if he secures third spot then he should stay.

However I was well aware I was in a very small minority and I'm not surprised he has been booted.  Hopefully we'll not be sheepishly knocking on his door a few seasons down the line again after long periods of mid table mediocrity.

I like Neilson just like I like Levien but recent performances looked like we wouldn't win another game for the rest of the season, change was definitely needed whilst we still have a small chance at 3rd.

17 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I still maintain that for whatever reason, Robbie has always had his haters who would never be pleased with him.

As a player I agree. He was never as bad as some of our (and other teams') supporters liked to make out. He was a solid upper-end of the SPL right back who did a really good job for Hearts for a long time. He knew what he couldn't do and didn't try to do it. Fine by me.

As a coach I think that attitude with a lot of our fans kicked in after the 2016 Hibs cup tie. Some can argue that's giving too much weight to one tie, but I think the performances in those games mirrored what we'd seen against Hibs and Rangers the previous season, and that kind of display just became more and more common.

People I know who thought the reaction to that was way OTT eventually came round to the view that he was never going to improve tactically, and that really has been shown to be the case.

Best scenario all round would have been letting him leave with dignity and thanks  last summer.

I take the view that if Neilson was less of a dick then he might have been given more leeway. We can call it stubbornness, but his inability to learn from mistakes was definitely part of the downfall. That and just making batshit team selections, as against Rangers, which it would seem alienated the players. He had to go.

On 09/01/2023 at 16:54, Elixir said:

I'm not comparing Hertz to the Old Firm, obviously, but there is a separate gap forming between us and the rest.

The perks of being the establishment club. 😎

Very comfortable. We're in that situation despite a European campaign in the first half of the season. The second half is going to be an absolute walk in the park to back-to-back third place finishes.

I mean it doesn't get more clear cut than how things are right now really.

On 09/01/2023 at 16:57, Elixir said:

Err, you mean the team that is 10 unbeaten at home, having beaten Celtic and also drawn with Rangers? That sure was a terrible result!

We are quite literally going to stroll to third place again.

On 09/01/2023 at 17:00, AJF said:

These statements have no potential to backfire and make you look silly. No sir, none whatsoever.

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV