OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Basically, we need to be like we were last season. Nothing fancy, just win the games we're expected to win and wait for the Massive Mega Bux to roll in again next season. Champions League winners by 2026 or Budge and Robbie OOT!

The alternative strategy is to blow this new money on a few marquee signings chasing European knock out football, hope that pays off, run them into the ground in all competitions, and hope they don't get injured, or at least don't get injured until we're effectively safe in the top 3 

I've certainly heard of worse ideas

Spoiler

But then again I've heard of a bloke who decided to staple his scrotum to the pavement so that's not saying much
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24896784

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The alternative strategy is to blow this new money on a few marquee signings chasing European knock out football, hope that pays off, run them into the ground in all competitions, and hope they don't get injured, or at least don't get injured until we're effectively safe in the top 3 

I've certainly heard of worse ideas

Hide contents

But then again I've heard of a bloke who decided to staple his scrotum to the pavement so that's not saying much
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24896784

There's this boy Beslija playing in Belgium we should take a look at.

I see Hearts are being linked with a £500k move for Shankland. I don’t pay much attention to other teams’ transfers, do Hearts usually pay that sort of money for players?

I remember back in the latter JJ days, the pie man said we could afford a £1m player so we ended up in some kind of bidding war for Robbie Winters.

42 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And a sizeable chunk of those are gone
image.png.eab9c2de4b89d1f7d7190eaa159c9c99.png

I wonder if we'll be able to take section K for walkups and reduce Old firm to one section. 🤔

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And a sizeable chunk of those are gone
image.png.eab9c2de4b89d1f7d7190eaa159c9c99.png

What sort of capacity does Hearts have for home ST's once you account for segregation and hospitality etc? 16-17k? Presumably you are pretty much heading for a sell out on just ST's alone, which would be some going. 

Clearly Tynecastle is maxed out in terms of expandable capacity in corners, but could Roseburn be expanded backwards? 

11 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

What sort of capacity does Hearts have for home ST's once you account for segregation and hospitality etc? 16-17k? Presumably you are pretty much heading for a sell out on just ST's alone, which would be some going. 

Clearly Tynecastle is maxed out in terms of expandable capacity in corners, but could Roseburn be expanded backwards? 

Ideally you'd remove the Roseburn and build a new bigger structure slightly further back in order to expand the pitch to full UEFA length The old Tynecastle school is behind the Roseburn and the front of that is listed but there could be ways round that.

There's a myriad of other complications as well so while expanding Tynecastle isn't impossible it would be awkward and expensive and basically isn't going to happen any time soon.

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Ideally you'd remove the Roseburn and build a new bigger structure slightly further back in order to expand the pitch to full UEFA length The old Tynecastle school is behind the Roseburn and the front of that is listed but there could be ways round that.

There's a myriad of other complications as well so while expanding Tynecastle isn't impossible it would be awkward and expensive and basically isn't going to happen any time soon.

I think the length is fine now, mate, it’s the width that is the ‘problem’ (matron!).

Also, we are already a decent bit over 15k season tickets imo. Looking at what’s left this morning, we’ve passed that target. I think we will end up just shy of 16k, by the end of next week. Many people get paid on 28th - 1st, so I predict there will be a mini surge between 28th and 3rd. The Roseburn ticket is a good deal, and it will appeal to people wanting to sit with their kids, and not wanting to quite pay full price.

Get section K open for walk ups after that. Then you have the European games… I think we are going over £20m turnover this season.

After almost 24 hours of sales, the only seats left are in the newly opened Roseburn sections H & J. All three other stands are sold out. This is what is left for anyone after a season ticket:

B3FD81BB-0EBD-4140-BD56-C07D0A398463.png

Edited by Kyle Reese

4 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I think the length is fine now, mate, it’s the width that is the ‘problem’ (matron!).

It meets the minimum but not the recommended limit Anfield is the same length which is apparently why it won't host games in Euro 2028.

If we're going to daydream about big construction projects we should do it properly.

Bob the Builder - Wikipedia