Sportscene watch

19 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Just watched this on catch up. Jesus.

"Great start for Theo Bair, scoring on his debut, just what a striker wants especially not having scored many at St.Johnstone"

"Yeah, he'll be delighted. Strikers always want to score on there debut especially when they didn't score many the previous season"

Thanks for that Charlie.

The analysis on Bair was brutal, Mulgrew first said he was a handful then said he did not know much about the boy or words to that effect

They then showed him running about like a headless chicken, which is what he does and talked this up as if he was a great player , before showing the good movement for the goal and the finish which he did deserve credit for.

Excellent coverage here by the BBC. 

"St Mirren snatch a dramatic point in a five-goal thriller in Edinburgh"

Highlights end after Hibs equaliser and don't show St Mirren's winning goal, despite showing a graphic where full time score is shown as Hibernian 2-3 St Mirren and the scorers/times listed. 

Absolute shambles. 

hibs.jpg

18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Because they didn't show those on last night's programme, presumably because the game finished barely 10 minutes before Sportscene went on air.

Which I expect also explains why Hearts vs Saints was on second.

5 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Highlights end after Hibs equaliser and don't show St Mirren's winning goal, despite showing a graphic where full time score is shown as Hibernian 2-3 St Mirren and the scorers/times listed. 

Absolute shambles. 

hibs.jpg

The what id call poor editing of the BBC highlights has been something I've moaned about quite a lot. Completely missing a goal is next level useless though. 

I obviously notice it most often in St Johnstone games as I was there to witness it live usually and often watch the highlights specifically for "I really want to see that penalty shout again" etc to find its completely omitted from the highlights but a nothing shot from 25 yards that goes 7-8 yards wide is included. 

I appreciate they need to keep the highlights to a certain length especially if it's a shite game but it shows IMO those editing them don't know football that well if those are the kind of editing decisions made. 

5 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Absolute shambles. 

hibs.jpg

How the actual f**k can that happen?

Seriously. 

14 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The analysis on Bair was brutal, Mulgrew first said he was a handful then said he did not know much about the boy or words to that effect

I was more interested in Mulgrew claiming he'd played against him and seen he was a handful, tbh.

We met 4 times last season and they seemed to only both be on the pitch for around 4 minutes.

Edited by RandomGuy.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was more interested in Mulgrew claiming he'd played against him and seen he was a handful, tbh.

We met 4 times last season and they seemed to only both be on the pitch for around 4 minutes.

It wasn't even as much as that. This was the only game in which both were on the pitch at the same time. Not for very long, as Charlie Mulgrew came on as a sub in the 90th minute https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=5941

So, apparently they're going to broadcast Hibs' and Hearts' home euro matches (y'know, the one that is relatively easy for fans to attend), but nothing for the away legs? I assume this is something to do with broadcasting rights, but needless to say, the Rangers away fixture is already confirmed as televised....

Screenshot_20230808-110610.png

3 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

They had the scoreboard in the Motherwell v Hibs game at 1-0 Motherwell when it was still 0-0. Kept rewinding to see if I’d missed the goal and thought I was going mad. 

Haha same! Didn't know the score either so that was a 'nice' little spoiler.

15 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

They had the scoreboard in the Motherwell v Hibs game at 1-0 Motherwell when it was still 0-0. Kept rewinding to see if I’d missed the goal and thought I was going mad. 

Same!! 

Also, on the subject of editing.... Hearts-Kilmarnock - lots of chatter after the match about Shankland and Atkinson potentially walking, and also a really nasty challenge by Lyons.... No coverage in the highlights at all 🤨😤

23 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Graphic came up saying second half and that's when it changed. Noticed it when they showed Mika coming on, which stuck out as being at the game I knew he basically created the first.

Haven’t really watched Sportscene much over the past few seasons but why do they have commentary volume so high? It makes the crowd noise sound so muffled, even when you can tell they’re making some noise.

Noticed it in the Rangers vs Livingston and Motherwell vs Hibs games this weekend.

On 14/08/2023 at 23:18, Cardle is Magic said:

Haven’t really watched Sportscene much over the past few seasons but why do they have commentary volume so high? It makes the crowd noise sound so muffled, even when you can tell they’re making some noise.

Noticed it in the Rangers vs Livingston and Motherwell vs Hibs games this weekend.

If they brought the commentary volume down to match the crowd, you’d barely hear it. 

The issue is that QTV don’t use pitchside mics. So the crowd noise comes from only a couple of mics positioned near the main cameras.