Sportscene watch

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

3?

Only 2 Scottish teams playing in Europe this week.

Anyway, what I came on to ask is why there's no coverage of the St. Johnstone game tonight. Is it because the BBC couldn't give a f**k about anything other than the cheeks?

BBC Scotland - Sportscene - Next on

It's on Sounds on Radio Scotlanf Extra.

But no, they don't give a f**k about anything other than their beloved Sevco and Celtic.

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Anyway, what I came on to ask is why there's no coverage of the St. Johnstone game tonight. Is it because the BBC couldn't give a f**k about anything other than the cheeks?

Probably because it will be a more important return fixture at the business end of the season, to decide who gets the automatic relegation spot.

Bold choice by Sportscene to not even show our 4th goal that was ruled out by VAR. Think it was rightly ruled out but it was a fairly major moment FS.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bold choice by Sportscene to not even show our 4th goal that was ruled out by VAR. Think it was rightly ruled out but it was a fairly major moment FS.

They really struggle to turnaround the highlights for the evening kick-offs, was the same when we played Aberdeen a few seasons back but surely clipping the goals and a VAR intervention would be the bare minimum.

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

For younger readers, there was a day when Sportscene was a quality product from the BBC.

Big game (not always or even frequently an arse cheek) 30 odd mins, all the other games 10+ mins.

Went downhill getting shown the highlights then the discussion afterwards showing contentious decisions that weren't shown on the aforementioned highlights. 

To this: "

"

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I watched it to see this and I'm still none the wiser. Based on the reactions I'm sure it's fairly obvious and correct but I can't believe they've not shown it.

Just now, derrybiy said:

I watched it to see this and I'm still none the wiser. Based on the reactions I'm sure it's fairly obvious and correct but I can't believe they've not shown it.

I remember Dhanda going wild about a handball from Sylla (to the point that I figured it must have been) which was about 2-3 minutes before the goal but in the same passage of play which is what I think it got chopped off for.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I remember Dhanda going wild about a handball from Sylla (to the point that I figured it must have been) which was about 2-3 minutes before the goal but in the same passage of play which is what I think it got chopped off for.

To be honest I rarely watch sportscene or any highlights but I just put it on to see that back and celebrate a bit of a surprise win. I was in hospitalilty so I only really remember the ball hitting the net.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

For younger readers, there was a day when Sportscene was a quality product from the BBC.

Big game (not always or even frequently an arse cheek) 30 odd mins, all the other games 10+ mins.

Went downhill getting shown the highlights then the discussion afterwards showing contentious decisions that weren't shown on the aforementioned highlights. 

To this: "

"

Also for younger readers...we used to get excited about who might win the league.  

Many a non-arse cheek were, quite rightly, optimistic that it might be their team. 

I'm not sure but there might be a connection between my two posts.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was chopped off for handball - was a handball. Wild that people at the game don’t know what it was for. f**k VAR

also your 2-3 min estimate is way off though lol 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was around 10 seconds before the goal. I think there were only three passes after the incident with no Hearts player getting near the ball. Unfortunately with VAR, that "goal" was never going to stand. 

11 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Was chopped off for handball - was a handball. Wild that people at the game don’t know what it was for. f**k VAR

also your 2-3 min estimate is way off though lol 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was around 10 seconds before the goal. I think there were only three passes after the incident with no Hearts player getting near the ball. Unfortunately with VAR, that "goal" was never going to stand. 

Fair enough - time at the game flies by! I do think it was right to be chopped off but equally absolutely scandalous to not be included in the highlight package.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair enough - time at the game flies by! I do think it was right to be chopped off but equally absolutely scandalous to not be included in the highlight package.

It still had a lot of Twirlywoos (a Hearts/CBeebies reference) going home early.

Edited by kingjoey

I had a perfect performance wth the fast forward button last night. Heard zero contribution from the pundits and played from the teamline screen every time. Will be happy if i can repeat that on a six game episode. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I had a perfect performance wth the fast forward button last night. Heard zero contribution from the pundits and played from the teamline screen every time. Will be happy if i can repeat that on a six game episode. 

What did you think of the Last Five Games caption on the team lines.  Zero data displayed.

Not only do they put the most boring game on first, Peter Grant's response to Miovski's possible transfer to the team which finished third in La Liga is "he's good enough to play for Rangers or Celtic", and then of all the things that happened in the Killie match they focus on a possible penalty rather then attempt actual analysis of the game.