Sportscene watch

It would be hard to say much positive about Hibs since then given how poor they've been. Even yesterday, Hearts were comfortably the better team until they shat the bed and stopped attacking when Boyle came on.

Both teams created similar amount of chances, in fact if someone just watched the highlights they’d think Hibs were the better team. Wouldn’t say hibs we’re brilliant but wouldn’t say they were as poor as you’ve mentioned.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The game was finished by then and it was an utter irrelevance. Even Sportscene and their refereeing obsession aren't going to bother with decisions like that.

A semi-competent sports show would’ve at least commented on it.

Then again, asking McFadden to say anything remotely interesting or controversial is a waste of space.

A bit like him.
The most beige pundit in the country. 

Their analysis of Gallagher's handball was absolutely dreadful.  They showed a still that made it look like he'd hit it with his hand at ground level when from head on it's claerly hit him on either the chest or upper arm, very hard to see which, and then bounced down onto the ground.

I hope the VAR is going to have better pictures though i suspect we'll be screwed even more than most countries

26 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Their analysis of Gallagher's handball was absolutely dreadful.  They showed a still that made it look like he'd hit it with his hand at ground level when from head on it's claerly hit him on either the chest or upper arm, very hard to see which, and then bounced down onto the ground.

I hope the VAR is going to have better pictures though i suspect we'll be screwed even more than most countries

I liked Foster just inventing his own interpretation of the rules and McFadden nodding along. 

Clearly a deliberate handball though and a second yellow was lenient. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I liked Foster just inventing his own interpretation of the rules and McFadden nodding along. 

Clearly a deliberate handball though and a second yellow was lenient. 

Aye, useless.

I'm no convinced it was definitely handball tbf, though if it did hit his arm it was definitely deliberate.  The pictures were too shite to be conclusive

7 hours ago, GreenGray said:

Caught up on yesterdays, how bad is Rob McLean first of all?

And not sure if it’s paranoia but the love in for Hearts by the pundits seems a bit weird given the highlights indicated a fairly even game, which I felt it was. Michael Stewart hasn’t said a good word about Hibs since they sacked Ross.

I don't think I've heard from anyone except Hibs supporters who didn't think Hearts were comfortably the better side. No surprise the media coverage reflects this.

Just because it wasn't chance after chance and an absolute ragdolling doesn't mean it's not reasonable to say that one side looked better than the other.

Much like the first derby of last season, you can legitimitely say it was a relatively even game and also acknowledge the clear truth that Hearts look the better side. That's all that's happening.

Sometimes we'll play even games against Celtic. It'll still be obvious to most observers that they are better than us.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think I've heard from anyone except Hibs supporters who didn't think Hearts were comfortably the better side.

You mean apart from the two Aberdeen fans you were debating with last night about the possession stats on the match thread?

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

VAR will probably run along similar lines to the Sportscene highlights to be honest. A ref requesting support in a vital handball and potential penalty & red card in a Livingston vs St Johnstone game will be told to beat it because all their staff will be too busy replaying every decision in the Rangers & Celtic matches looking for penalties every time they get over the halfway line. 

On 08/08/2022 at 16:22, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I was behind the goal and the ball hit him around the elbow. No idea why folk on here are trying to be Michael Stewart. 

37 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I was behind the goal and the ball hit him around the elbow. No idea why folk on here are trying to be Michael Stewart. 

I'm no saying it didn't.  I'm saying it was not at all conclusive from the footage and the analysis of the incident was dreadful.  It's entirely possible he handled it

15 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'm no saying it didn't.  I'm saying it was not at all conclusive from the footage and the analysis of the incident was dreadful.  It's entirely possible he handled it

I saw it. He did.

28 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Both Sunday and tonight both handballs.  The beeb wont say so though.

Wierd that :lol: 

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hopefully you're wired right up for VAR claims then, it'll help a lot more than the pictures did 

It happens quite often at a football match, depending on your position in the crowd a fan can get a better view than a camera.